Dual volte or dual 4g?

Does this phone support dual volte or dual 4g?

Dual volte or dual 4g?

Sameer Mehta Sameer Mehta
✭✭  / 
Does this phone support dual volte or dual 4g? After the update to latest 2.22 version as I can't see a enhanced calling option on second sim,also when going into the engineering mode by *#*#4636#*#* it shows only one sim card config option why?

Comments

• puneet puneet
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 25
    Be assured that this phone supports dual volte. There maybe some bug that's why only sim 1 is showing enhanced calling option.
  • Sameer Mehta Sameer Mehta
    ✭✭  /  edited May 26
    Agree Puneet ,I just popped in 2 Jio Sims and indeed volte was available on both,I guess Vodafone Maharashtra has some issues still
  • Amit Amit
     /  edited May 26

Yes Sameer you are right. It is Vodafone's issue that it is not able to provide VoLTE on Nokia 7 plus. I am chasing Vodafone since last 26 days and still they are not able to enable VoLTE on this device. I will update in this forum once they come up with some solution.

• ajit bagal ajit bagal
     / 
    I dont think that vidafone Maharashtra has issue , before the dual 4g volte update , Vodafone is showing 4g VoLte on my device . After update its broken .
    ✭✭  / 
    Ok Ajit ,I am trying to get hold of Vodafone official too let's see
  • Amit Amit
     / 

In my case Vodafone VoLTE was not working even before software upgrade.

✭✭  / 
    Same here Amit
    ✭✭  / 
    Ok guys I just received a call from Vodafone representative
    1.volte services are rolled out in Maharashtra and Goa circle.
    2.as per Vodafone system the Nokia 7 plus doesn't support volte.
    Now this is really surprising
  • Amit Amit
     / 

Hi Sameer they are making you fool like they are doing with me since last 21 days. Ask them if Nokia 7 plus doesn't support VoLTE, why it is mentioned on your website. Also mail attached picture to them on these mail ID [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Also tweet to Vodafone IN and DOT mentioning the whole issue.

• ajit bagal ajit bagal
     / 
    As per my understanding of technology , mobile oem produce general modems . Nokia need to push sw improvements to overcome this issue. My another device Moto X play supports the Vodafone Volte on same sim card . Please correct me if I am wrong.
    ✭✭  / 
    It maybe on both the ends the OEM as well as the service provider,I am also having Redmi 5a which is supported by Vodafone system but still I am not getting any volte signals,so I have requested the Vodafone guys to enable the service on the number,this was said by the Vodafone representative for Redmi 5a
    ✭✭  /  edited May 27
    Let me get the service enabled on the number and check on Redmi 5a,then will also check in n7plus,I will wait till tomorrow evening
  • Amit Amit
     / 

Hi Ajit Bagal, Nokia 7 plus supports VoLTE out of the box. I tested it with Jio, Airtel and Idea sim cards.

Vodafone needs to add configuration(Some binary files) of Nokia 7 plus at their end.

✭✭  / 
    Ok on one of the numbers volte is enabled I will check and report back
    ✭✭  /  edited May 27
    It's showing volte on redmi5a
    ✭✭  / 
    I tested it and no it doesn't work on Nokia 7plus albiet the same sim.is working with volte on Redmi 5a
  • ajit bagal ajit bagal
     / 
    Hi Amit,
    I am using Jio and Airtel Volte on Nokis 7 plus , as snapdragon 660 platform supports Volte , Nokia 7 plus will inherit the same.I think implementation of Volte with all service provider are missing . If the implementation is penfing from service provider ,Nokia representative shoild come forward and acknowledge the same.
  • vibhor vibhor
    ✭✭✭  / 

Nokia needs to add IMS config for Vodafine to its firmware. In case of VoLTE (not 4g) handset manufacturers add carrier specific VoLTE settings (IMS configuration - bearer) to their handset's modem firmware.
    Since during 2016 only JIO was present in the market , so handset manufactureres already had complete configuration of JIO in their firmware but as other networks(airtel, voda, idea) evolved for VoLTE , the existing handsets are gradually getting the support by firmware update through OTA.

May be there are even specific settings to your vodafone circle which are not yet present on nokia 7plus.

• Amit Amit
     /  edited May 29

Hi Ajit Bagal, Initially Vodafone was denying that Nokia 7 plus is a VoLTE capable phone. After providing them all technical details like IMEI, TAC, Software build version of they device they agreed that it is VoLTE capable and their is some configuration mismatch issue at their end and they are trying to figure it out. There is an another topic thread where a user is able to use Vodafone VoLTE after some changes by Vodafone team. He has pasted snapshot also in his reply.

Here is the link to that discussion: https://community.phones.nokia.com/support/discussions/topics/7000025287

• vibhor vibhor
    ✭✭✭  / 

Open a porting request to other service provider with Vodafone and mention the reason as "VoLTE not supported on existing handset". They treat porting requests with highest priority and try to resolve it immediately.

• Amit Amit
     / 

I hope suggestion of Vibhor will work. All operators give high priority to porting requests.

✭✭  / 
    Ok I will mail them again and also open a port out request
  • vibhor vibhor
    ✭✭✭  / 

I read similar problem with Nokia 8 where people are complaining about VoLTE not working on their handset on vodafone. They tried following up with nodal officer of vodafone and ultimately this was enabled from their end. I think you need to really follow-up with them to get this working.

• Amit Amit
     / 

Hi Vibhor, Thanks for sharing this input. I am having daily calls, emails exchanges, tweets with Vodafone care, nodal and appellate. I will update in this forum once my issue gets resolved.

✭✭  /  edited May 29
    Today I got a confirmation mail from the appalette Vodafone office stating that Nokia 7plus is currently not supported from their end .
    This is the reference number if you need
  • Amit Amit
     / 

Hi Sameer, write a mail to them with the screen shot of Vodafone website where Nokia 7 plus has been listed as supported devices. Also ask if Nokia 7 plus is not supporting VoLTE then why they have put it on their website. Ask them that you will escalate the matter to DoT if no positive response is received.

✭✭  / 
    Hi Amit I have given them the screen shots and link of the website,also spoke personally to the appalette representative and they have confirmed on email that their services are not compatible with 7plus as of now
    ✭✭  / 
    How do you upload screen shot here?I have the screen shot of the email they have sent
    ✭✭  / 
    Amit if you can share the dot contact details if would be great
  • Amit Amit
     / 

Hi Sameer, I am involved with their technical team for resolution. I will update yo once it is resolved. For screen shot please use refer to below image.

DoT is available at twitter handle @DOT_India and they positively respond to complaints.

Prev1