Screen flickering on low brightness

Whenever in low brightness I scroll up and down the YouTube videos (also occurs when scrolling through the app drawers on lowest brightness) I've noticed on certain set points the screen changes its brightness all together .

Screen flickering on low brightness

The Man With a Plan The Man With a Plan
 /  edited October 29
Whenever in low brightness I scroll up and down the YouTube videos (also occurs when scrolling through the app drawers on lowest brightness) I've noticed on certain set points the screen changes its brightness all together .

Even while watching movies if some particular region of movie is well lit the screen flickers , I even went back restarted the app, the phone ,but the issue still persists it was happening in the April update and even now in the may update.

Comments

• aniket thakur aniket thakur
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I observed this issue in may update only.
  • I've noticed it from the moment I unboxed my unit but didn't think of it as an issue until yesterday.
  • Anil Bagalkot Anil Bagalkot
     /  edited October 19
    Yes in may update....I noticed the same issue....

Pls pls fix in June update
  • puneet puneet
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 3
    I too posted about this issue. It seems like a software bug and it happens everywhere. It is as if the software is unable to maintain the brightness levels set by the user.
  • Sroshantup Sroshantup
     /  edited October 19
    Even I have this issue. While typing(not sliding finger on keyboard) fast in low brightness, the screen appears like it's flickering. Is this a common issue?
  • I have the same problem issue.please fix it on next update

• naeem naeem
     / 
    Please let me know if the problem is solved in july update or it still exists.
  • Sroshantup Sroshantup
     / 
    It exists for me
  • naeem naeem
     /  edited October 19
    when will nokia fix it?It is so annoying.
  • Guys.go to developer settings.and turn on disable HW overlays.and it will solve.I tried this and it's works
  • naeem naeem
     / 
    It works only in 0℅ brightness.After increasing the level,again display flickers while playing videos on youtube.
  • Guys after pie installation my problem is 90% solved...
    So guys this is software issues??? Plzz tell me either i change display my phone is in warranty
  • user1536719693901 user1536719693901
     /  edited September 14
    I'm on Oreo with the latest patch the issue was really noticeable at first (4 months ago) but now this issues solved so basically it's a software thing no need to change the display cheers.
  • Now u using pie?
  • Oreo with the latest update of 78.7 MB or something
  • akshay kumar akshay kumar
    ✭✭  /  edited November 2

I am also getting brightness flickering in low brightness between brightness level of (0% to 20%) for my Nokia 7 Plus.

• When u typing something that time?
    ✭✭  / 
    No, I am getting brightness flickering in low brightness mostly when I am watching YouTube videos.
  • Did u get latest security patch
    ✭✭  / 
    Currently, I am in August security patch build 00WW_2_22M
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello user1536646844249, Post your message again in English. Your message was deleted due to Hindi.
  • Install the pie version in android pie no blinking problem
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia has closed registrations for developer preview.
  • Yeah..bcz... After some days they launching.. stable version in our settings
    ✭✭  / 
    Ok.
  • See in your settings.. software update there available the android pie after installation tell me prb is continuing or solve
    ✭✭  / 
    Now low brightness flickering issue solved after Android Pie stable update installation.
  • Nice...
    ✭✭  / 
    Ok, thanks.
    ✭✭  / 
    90% low Brightness flickering issue is solved after installing Android Pie stable update. But still there is some brightness flickering while scrolling up and down in Facebook, twitter and while watching videos in YouTube.