Phone overheats when using headphones on usbc

I have got my N8S for a week now. Love a lot about it. However I also love listening to music and I can't do that anymore.

Phone overheats when using headphones on usbc

jevo jevo
 /  edited September 19
I have got my N8S for a week now. Love a lot about it. However I also love listening to music and I can't do that anymore. When using the usbc port (and original dongle) to plug in my headphones and listening to music, the phones starts to overheat. The plug and the backside get extremely hot. The battery straks to run down faster and at some point I take the dongle out because it starting to smell.

This is a deal breaker for me. I really want to keep using this phone. What I need to know is, if this is a software issue and can be fixed with future update. Or is it is likely hardware oriented. Can somebody help me out?

Joris

Comments

• Same issue here. The plugs of both original cables (the headset cable and the one for 3.5mm earphones) get very hot when listening to something. I cannot use any of the original cables. I contacted local support, they suggested that I should reboot the phone. What were they thinking?
  • jevo jevo
     /  edited August 4
    Yeah, I already have a new N8S. That is significantly better. Rebooting didn't work for me with the old one. Maybe you can try reinstalling? Otherwise is seems to be a hardware problem.
    I like the new Nokia and love the phones they make but the customer support is nowhere near the level that it should be (not the fault of people working for Nokia customer support). I hope it will improve asap.

I dropped my N8S and the front screen broke. I hope it can be fixed and for an reasonable price. But I am sceptical. Nokia needs a Apple like customer survice if it want to get big again.
  • terminusaquo terminusaquo
    ✭✭✭  / 

Nokia don't need Apple like customer service where when something is wrong with the phone they just tell you that you're using it wrong!!!!

• Hello all . I have the same problem . Before thisi had a another android phone working with usb type c headphones but never get hot . I think this is one of the weak point of this phone the quality of handsfree is really bad and some times reflect the gsm signal and will make noise .
    I think we have to use the wirelessheadphone
  • marmalux marmalux
     / 

Same issue here. Does this issue is covered by waranty? Do they even have a solution to this problem?

• jack_c jack_c
     / 

I have the same problem. I also have problem with noises when I listen using headphones. I posted it in another post. I also found that some other user posted here information about these noises. Looks like Sirocco's headphones idea is a really poor design.

JC

• jevo jevo
     / 
    I didn't even care to post this till I read yours. But yeah I also have that problem with noises while using my headphones (wired). And it's seems to be getting worse.
    But no where to turn to. No real customer support. It sucks!
  • dr.akant dr.akant
     / 
    Hello guys the issuee you all have been facing are same with my N8S as well.
    - Phone overheats with earphones.
    - Strange noise while surfing internet and listening music at the same time.

Solution : I have got one personal solution for this problem. I have started using Bluetooth earphones (wireless ones) and since that time both the issues of heating and scrttchins sounds have gone. Hope this helps others.

However this can be a temporary solution but such a shame. I purchased this phone for 50k in India and am bound to find alternative solutions for manufacturing defects of such a known brand !

Sirocco seems to be a big failure and we are the fools who purchased a mess.