Please revisit the Lumia Lines

I just hope that HMD will take notice on this.

Please revisit the Lumia Lines

john gear john gear
✭✭  / 
I just hope that HMD will take notice on this. During the symbian and windows phone days, Nokia is very bold in introducing thier own designs when it comes to mobile. Because of that Nokia gained popularity and loyalty among buyers and users and they always tried to stick to their own originality and enginuity. Today, notch is the hype, the "in", the trend but in reality it doesn't really matter, even dual, triple, quadruple, penta or whatever camera set up doesn't really matter coz try looking at pixel phones, it is destroying other phones with so many camera set up and is even providing superior camera performance. What I am really trying to say is just continue making durable phones with superior camera by the help of zeiss and pureview. Stay unique nokia just continue to be the king. 

Comments

• Yes Yes, I have bought Nokia lumia windows phone, the design makes me amazing, I hope HMD can buy the lumia trademark right again, and design the lumia Android smartphone again.
  • sure miss my lumia 1520, and honestly windows phone. I despise Microsoft for destroying those 2 product lines. after feeling compelled to replace my 1520 with a 6.1 running android, i'm rethinking trying to repair my 1520. nothing against nokia products, I just despise android, no offense to you android people.
  • Guys,let let's move on. HMD are making superb phones that are unique, stylish, powerful and durable. Beside, another flagship Nokia 9  is expected in 2019.No,I wouldn't like to go back. The future looks more brighter for smartphones. 
  • bluetoothsk bluetoothsk
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Guys,let let's move on. HMD are making superb phones that are unique, stylish, powerful and durable. Beside, another flagship Nokia 9  is expected in 2019.No,I wouldn't like to go back. The future looks more brighter for smartphones. 
    Unique: notch and headphonejackless
    Still love nokia though 
  • i have yet to find a phone with the sound quality and network connection of the lumia 640 and as for durable i have nokia 5 the metal 0n the corners is showing through already i still use the 640 
  • john gear john gear
    ✭✭  / 
    Guys,let let's move on. HMD are making superb phones that are unique, stylish, powerful and durable. Beside, another flagship Nokia 9  is expected in 2019.No,I wouldn't like to go back. The future looks more brighter for smartphones. 
    I can't see notch as being stylish. It only reduces space on the notification area. Revisiting the old nokias means, rediscovering what makes those designs way better than the rest. Again, it's my take and suggestion and if they'll not consider or think about it, no problem. I am just exercising my freedom of speech. Cheers!
  • John Gear quite right john 
  • jimmyireland jimmyireland
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The only thing good about lumia was the camera and colours. It is not nice to see Nokia now doing the notch and a race to see who can have the most lenses look at how google do it with one lens. 
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    The only thing good about lumia was the camera and colours. It is not nice to see Nokia now doing the notch and a race to see who can have the most lenses look at how google do it with one lens. 
    There's one problem though. That's about machine learning and the database. Google isn't using any special hardware; instead, they are using data from the millions of photos they allow users to keep for free with Google Photos. So, their app has the intelligence about how to improve a scene. Technically, Gcam is taking better shots under low light which are in case clearer than a DSLR. All because Google's software can understand the scene and guess the missing pixels, all by making use of data from all those images with them. In short, gcam shots can't be called real camera shots. I will agree that they are great, but expecting something similar from HMD will be too much. They can only improve the hardware and software to a certain degree :)
    I will also agree that the camera output in a lot of situations is still not close to the Lumia phones.
  • john gear john gear
    ✭✭  / 
    I hope they'd use the pureview tech and re invent the imaging prowess of the old nokia camera phones mainly the 808,1020, 930 and the 950 series even the 920 and 925.
  • redskua redskua
    ✭✭✭  / 
    i have yet to find a phone with the sound quality and network connection of the lumia 640 and as for durable i have nokia 5 the metal 0n the corners is showing through already i still use the 640 
    ,,,,using my old Lumia  925 while i am waiting for parts for my "flagship" Nokia 8. Still on 8.1 Denim and i had forgotten how good that 7mp Pureview cam is, it shames my N8. I see youm can still buy Lumia 930 and 950 on W10....for very little $$'s
  • Yes, till now there is no pie update for Nokia. Nokia may certainly loose their reputations / fans. Nokia 8 is a flagship phone from nokia, it's very sad to ignore this phone.
  • Manus Manus
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Ahahahaha you serious :D 
    None of the Chinese rip off hmd phones can be compared to the lumia legends (except for 7 plus that thing looks like the old symbian models especially the white model)
    Hmd can and should be designing their own designs but they just don't, they are fine with their new Chinese rip off designs.
    Well I'm not, actually as a person who used lumia 925 for for years I'm gonna switch to a Galaxy note9 
    That thing looks more like Nokia models than the current Nokia models
  • Dave1310 Dave1310
     / 
    > @Tukur36 said:
    > Guys,let let's move on. HMD are making superb phones that are unique, stylish, powerful and durable. Beside, another flagship Nokia 9  is expected in 2019.No,I wouldn't like to go back. The future looks more brighter for smartphones. 

The problem isn't with the design of the phones, the problem is with android also known as google also known as abc. Did you ever wonder why they lock the root up so tight? Why you can't log into your own phone as superuser? My theory, and it is far from mine alone, is that a user who can access the root directory would get rid of all the crap google uses to track your every movement and use. Said resultant data is sold or otherwise used to identify you, your contacts and, well, pretty much everything about you.
    I am somewhere between reluctant and furiously opposed to supporting a criminal enterprise masquerading as a tech company.
  • nmgo3 nmgo3
    ✭✭  / 
    I still use my Lumia 520, 640 & 640XL. 👍🏻👌🏻
  • jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  /  edited April 28
    Dave1310 said:
    > @Tukur36 said:
    > Guys,let let's move on. HMD are making superb phones that are unique, stylish, powerful and durable. Beside, another flagship Nokia 9  is expected in 2019.No,I wouldn't like to go back. The future looks more brighter for smartphones. 

The problem isn't with the design of the phones, the problem is with android also known as google also known as abc. Did you ever wonder why they lock the root up so tight? Why you can't log into your own phone as superuser? My theory, and it is far from mine alone, is that a user who can access the root directory would get rid of all the crap google uses to track your every movement and use. Said resultant data is sold or otherwise used to identify you, your contacts and, well, pretty much everything about you.
    I am somewhere between reluctant and furiously opposed to supporting a criminal enterprise masquerading as a tech company.

Hello

If the root access was open people would be messing up the system and rendering their phones useless.  Google provides many free services apps and software that is funded by revenue they generate.  You don't have to use a smartphone as there are feature phones and flip phones avaliable  that are modern  provide the basic needs of a phone.

Regards

Jason