Nokia 3 Oreo 8.1 Update in India - Page 2

Very disappointed , Only received January security patch Not Oreo 8.1.

Nokia 3 Oreo 8.1 Update in India

Comments

• boblu boblu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Very disappointed ,
    Only received January security patch
    Not Oreo 8.1.

• Appu Mali Appu Mali
    ✭✭✭  / 

• Whom Nokia CSR are trying to fool? There might be couple of handsets with different specifications awaiting 8.1 update & time frame for each handset may differ according to region. But here, they had specifically mentioned about Nokia 3. They started rolling out this update in last week of December 2018 & till first week of January 2019, some countries had received it. But, after that, in last 2 months nobody had received 8.1 update on Nokia 3. How many units they had sold for Nokia 3? Why it take so much time to push the update to remaining handsets?
    They had not even started beta testing for Pie to Nokia 3. After updating all Nokia 3 handsets to 8.1, they will probably start it. This will of course take 4-6 months more. So Pie update to Nokia 3 won’t come before August / September 2019.
  • Appu Mali Appu Mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Oreo 8.1 update for Nokia 3 received in Chile on 3march, report 👇
    https://pisapapeles.net/nokia-3-comienza-a-actualizarse-a-android-8-1-oreo-en-chile/
  • Appu Mali Appu Mali
    ✭✭✭  / 

• Appu Mali Appu Mali
    ✭✭✭  / 

• Screenshot shows Nokia 3 model TA-1028 from Chile received 8.1 (not sure about date, but hopefully sometime in 2019 with Android security patch level 5th December 2018). I assume, all the models in India have TA-1032 with Android security patch level 5th January 2019. Will glad to receive Android security patch February 2019 along with 8.1 update this month in India having model TA-1032.
  • If Nokia can update Nokia 3 model TA-1028 with Android security patch level 5th December 2018 from Chile in March 2019 to Android 8.1, why can’t they able to update Nokia 3 model TA-1032 with Android security patch level 5th January 2019 from India yet?

• Appu Mali Appu Mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    They may going to  end software support for Nokia 3 like windows phones
  • But it should be provided to the phones
  • I have model TA 1032 from Malaysia and have received the January 2019 update with 8.1 ever since.

A possible explanation is as the rollout was done gradually and regionally, the ongoing rollout was completely suspended for 8.1 builds probably due to performance issues (as repeatedly posted on forum). The remaining countries that were on the queue then was not given 8.1 builds and only the January security update until further fix is issued.

Trust me, I am running the 8.1 now and I really wanted the old 8.0 back. As of now I believe Nokia is doing the right thing not to further release the buggy 8.1 build.

Just be patient.
  • Appu Mali Appu Mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I have model TA 1032 from Malaysia and have received the January 2019 update with 8.1 ever since.

A possible explanation is as the rollout was done gradually and regionally, the ongoing rollout was completely suspended for 8.1 builds probably due to performance issues (as repeatedly posted on forum). The remaining countries that were on the queue then was not given 8.1 builds and only the January security update until further fix is issued.

Trust me, I am running the 8.1 now and I really wanted the old 8.0 back. As of now I believe Nokia is doing the right thing not to further release the buggy 8.1 build.

Just be patient.
    What is build number of that january Oreo update, December oreo build number is 00WW_4_42D
  • It's 00WW_4_42D_SP01.

Go here for all list of software updates https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/security-updates.

As you can see, Oreo 8.0 with Dec 2018 update was released only in January after the 8.1 with Dec 2018 was released in December. This probably mean they are suspending the 8.1 builds due to some issues.
  • Appu Mali Appu Mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    It's 00WW_4_42D_SP01.

Go here for all list of software updates https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/security-updates.

As you can see, Oreo 8.0 with Dec 2018 update was released only in January after the 8.1 with Dec 2018 was released in December. This probably mean they are suspending the 8.1 builds due to some issues.
    Then u first received the Oreo 8.1 with December security patch & then u received January security patch Update
  • Not providing Android Oreo 8.1 and February security patch for Nokia 3 😡 😡
  • Tejas Bhagwat Tejas Bhagwat
     /  edited March 13

Coming soon...

Nokia is neither providing Android Oreo 8.1 update and Security patch for Nokia 3 nor providing any official statement for the delay & exact date of its availability. Unfortunately, we can't do anything except blaming Nokia & waiting for some news from them. At least, they should bother to clear the doubts among users with some official statement for their current situation.

• Appu Mali Appu Mali
    ✭✭✭  / 

• manas kiran gmk manas kiran gmk
    ✭✭  / 
    Did u receive 8.1 update
  • Hey Now Update Is Available.. Nokia 3 Got An Oreo Update 
  • New Update Is Now Available For Nokia 3 Users. Android 8.1 Oreo (V4.43E) Software Update Had Just Arrived.  Make Sure You Upgrade. Thanks #HMD Global. We'll Also Be Waiting For Android 9.0 Pie Update. Also Thanking Team #Nokia. Doing Great Stuffs In Developing Android. It Really Means A Lot For Users Like Us.
  • Appu Mali Appu Mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Did u receive 8.1 update
    Yes & updated too