OTG Pendrive Not Detectable

Having a problem with OTG, 8.1 does not detect it.

OTG Pendrive Not Detectable

Narayanan.R Narayanan.R
✭✭  / 
Having a problem with OTG, 8.1 does not detect it. Sharing my screenshot, all use USB for options are greyed out in USB Preferences While USB controlled by options selected connected device not sure if it is a bug but still pen drive connected is heating up. Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• nitheesh nitheesh
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    It's working fine for me. Just connect your pendrive and restart your device without removing the pendrive.
  • Nokia don't recogniza with thier nokia8 ..so soon this company will leave you ... don't buy nokia phones agine ..they are jus lieyrs
  • nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 1
    @Naraeee if your pen drive file system is ntfs it will not detect.Your pen drive file system must fat or fat32.
  • Narayanan.R Narayanan.R
    ✭✭  / 
    @Naraeee if your pen drive file system is ntfs it will not detect.Your pen drive file system must fat or fat32.
    Thanks for your reply.. Surely I Cross check about that and confirm. Is this are your saying  only for Nokia phones?? Earlier I'd used with other phones that has USB type b, it's worked well.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Naraeee Try File Manager HD/ES File Explorer Support USB OTG i.e.FAT/FAT32 All Manufacturer Pen Drive.Our Default System File Manager couldn't Supported or Detect Pen Drive Sometimes.I think File Manager HD/ES File Explorer is good.My Pen Drive Detected by system.

• On connecting otg this notification was shown how to fix both otg and pendrive are in running comdcondi.
  • tehabe tehabe
    ✭✭  / 
    I noticed that on my device all USB-C to A cables including my OTG adapter only worked on one side, when I rotated the plug it no longer worked. Except when I pushed the plug to the towards the screen.

I personally think that is an issues which needs to be fixed.
    ✭✭  /  edited January 29
    Fish TECH said:
    On connecting otg this notification was shown how to fix both otg and pendrive are in running comdcondi.
    I have same problem even tried different USB type c to type b adaptor but nothing has changed till now.
    ✭✭  /  edited January 29
    @Naraeee Try File Manager HD/ES File Explorer Support USB OTG i.e.FAT/FAT32 All Manufacturer Pen Drive.Our Default System File Manager couldn't Supported or Detect Pen Drive Sometimes.I think File Manager HD/ES File Explorer is good.My Pen Drive Detected by system.

I checked my OTG Pendrive in system. it shows the same FAT32, but my device does not detects the OTG Pendrive, for you it detected by settings that's great and showed as well on notification.

But in my case this is what showing 

Not sure how this gonna be resolved..
  • tehabe tehabe
    ✭✭  / 
    This is a hardware issue, hopefully only a few USB-C connectors HMD's manufacturer bought and build into the device as broken. Otherwise it would be really awful, because I really like the 8.1 as my phone.
  • tehabe tehabe
    ✭✭  / 
    It seems like that the USB port is a long standing issue with HMD's Nokia phones. In almost every device forum I find a discussion from people who have issue with the connector, either for data or charging or both. This is an annoying development I think.
    ✭✭  / 
    tehabe said:
    This is a hardware issue, hopefully only a few USB-C connectors HMD's manufacturer bought and build into the device as broken. Otherwise it would be really awful, because I really like the 8.1 as my phone.
    How could I identify it which connectors works flawlessly and which one is not. I can easily switch over to any connectors if you able to list them here.
  • tehabe tehabe
    ✭✭  / 
    How could I identify it which connectors works flawlessly and which one is not. I can easily switch over to any connectors if you able to list them here.
    Essentially by trying them out. I tried 3 USB cables and one OTG adapter with my phone, and while charging works data doesn't. Also the USB plug feels very loose in the connector of the phone. I will get a replacement tomorrow which hopefully has no other issues otherwise I have to sent it to Hungary for repair and it seems that HMD actually repairs those phones. Well, we'll see.
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 29
    Fish TECH said:
    On connecting otg this notification was shown how to fix both otg and pendrive are in running comdcondi.
    Just Install File Manager HD/ES File Explorer and plug in pen drive and let me know is file manager hd or es file manager is detecting your pen drive or not.
    ✭✭  / 
    Fish TECH said:
    Just Install File Manager HD/ES File Explorer and plug in pen drive and let me know is file manager hd or es file manager is detecting your pen drive or not.
    I have done installation those apps as well but it doesn't did the right thing. May be I have to try branded usb type A converter adaptor like mivi,..
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 30
    Fish TECH said:
    I have done installation those apps as well but it doesn't did the right thing. May be I have to try branded usb type A converter adaptor like mivi,..
    Can you share brand of pen drive which you are using.I have OnePlue Type C Cable which order from Paytm its working don't know it's original or not but its work.
    One plus type C OTG cable (Original)
    MRP ₹999
    Available from ₹199 only
    ✭✭  / 
    Fish TECH said:
    Can you share brand of pen drive which you are using.I have OnePlue Type C Cable which order from Paytm its working don't know it's original or not but its work.
    One plus type C OTG cable (Original)
    MRP ₹999
    Available from ₹199 only
    Mine it's not branded one I just got it as I go to nearby local. So I thought of getting mivi brand let me check out..
    ✭✭  / 
    @nitin kachare @tehabe @Fish TECH
    Hello everyone finally OTG connectivity issue resolved after searching for branded one and I got near by local shop. Seems all type c adaptor hardwares don't support the system to recognise it. Simply plugging the adaptor recognised by system itself. I don't even installed any file manager apps
  • > @nitheesh said:
    > It's working fine for me. Just connect your pendrive and restart your device without removing the pendrive.

I was thinking that my cabel is broken and all it need was restart. Thx a lot man :)