No ANDROID PIE for 5.1..?

recently i purchased nokia 5.1. before purchasing, shopkeeper said it will get new pie version.

No ANDROID PIE for 5.1..?

recently i purchased nokia 5.1. before purchasing, shopkeeper said it will get new pie version. but till now i didn't receive any updates  :'( :'( and they said it will get O/S updates free for 2 years . 

Comments

• NICK PVK said:
    recently i purchased nokia 5.1. before purchasing, shopkeeper said it will get new pie version. but till now i didn't receive any updates  :'( :'( and they said it will get O/S updates free for 2 years . 
    You'll get it next year
  • Marsic .You r right.in all nokia models camera is bad 

• NICK PVK said:
    You'll get it next year
    can i expect ?
  • notiz notiz ✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Yes you will get Android pie but it's not yet released for Nokia 5.1. you will also get 2 years of OS updates if HMD keeps their promise. 
  • NICK PVK NICK PVK
     /  edited January 10

notiz said:
    Yes you will get Android pie but it's not yet released for Nokia 5.1. you will also get 2 years of OS updates if HMD keeps their promise. 
    lets see, if HMD really keeps their promises for giving android pie for 5.1
  • NICK PVK said:

notiz said:
    The Nokia 5.1 is an Android One device. I would be very, very surprised if HMD did not keep that promise. More than a promise, that's a commitment HMD had to take to enter the Android One programme.
    This delay in releasing Pie on an Android One device is a sufficient reason to righteously criticise HMD for they update policy, that i find weak, dodgy and messed up in spite of the triumphant tones HMD likes to use (as if releasing a Pie update on Android One devices was something they did to please us).
    I don't even want to consider a different scenario where HMD stops updating Android One devices. Especially THIS device, stuck at Oreo 8.0.0 for no apparent reason whatsoever.

• Agreed, no Pie update and even no news for it.
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 11
    Having an older generation Mediatek Helio P18 chipset might be the culprit since it requires more optimization and work to release the update for some particular mediatek chipset(not all). However, you should get the update after the release of Pie update in Nokia 6 2017 and Nokia 5 2017. So, I think it is safe to say Nokia 5.1 will get the Pie update but I have no words on time frame.
  • notiz notiz ✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I hope Nokia 5.1 will get pie when January security patch is released.
  • Krikereg Krikereg
     /  edited January 11
    Having an older generation Mediatek Helio P18 chipset might be the culprit since it requires more optimization and work to release the update for some particular mediatek chipset(not all). However, you should get the update after the release of Pie update in Nokia 6 2017 and Nokia 5 2017. So, I think it is safe to say Nokia 5.1 will get the Pie update but I have no words on time frame.
    Mmm... Helio P18 was released Q1 2018, and it's part of the NEWEST generation of Mediatek chipsets. It was released at the same time with the Helio P60 mounted on the Nokia 5.1 Plus, which has already been on Pie 3 weeks as of now.
    I don't think many differences exist in the optimisation work that must be done with the 2 chipsets.
    Also, I can't see why the 5.1, being Q3 2018, should receive the Pie update AFTER previous generation, two-year old phones like the 5 or the 6 (that are, BTW, Qualcomm devices).
    Finally, the 5.1 was marketed through the claim "Android Pie ready"; nevertheless, it's at the moment the only Nokia phone released after 2017 to be running 8.0, not even 8.1... Unless it was blatant false advertising, I think we have waited a little too long to be pushed further down the line.
    I don't agree with your logic.
  • Agreed, no Pie update and even no news for it.
    oh my gosh...  :'(
  • notiz said:
    can we receive 9.0 or 9.1 stable O/S. like 8.1
  • Krikereg said:
    NICK PVK said:

notiz said:
    The Nokia 5.1 is an Android One device. I would be very, very surprised if HMD did not keep that promise. More than a promise, that's a commitment HMD had to take to enter the Android One programme.
    This delay in releasing Pie on an Android One device is a sufficient reason to righteously criticise HMD for they update policy, that i find weak, dodgy and messed up in spite of the triumphant tones HMD likes to use (as if releasing a Pie update on Android One devices was something they did to please us).
    I don't even want to consider a different scenario where HMD stops updating Android One devices. Especially THIS device, stuck at Oreo 8.0.0 for no apparent reason whatsoever.

lets us wait, whether they will give or stuck at 8.0 only
  • Having an older generation Mediatek Helio P18 chipset might be the culprit since it requires more optimization and work to release the update for some particular mediatek chipset(not all). However, you should get the update after the release of Pie update in Nokia 6 2017 and Nokia 5 2017. So, I think it is safe to say Nokia 5.1 will get the Pie update but I have no words on time frame.
    depends on processor only we will get O/S. its very hard to listen.
  • Krikereg said:
    Mmm... Helio P18 was released Q1 2018, and it's part of the NEWEST generation of Mediatek chipsets. It was released at the same time with the Helio P60 mounted on the Nokia 5.1 Plus, which has already been on Pie 3 weeks as of now.
    I don't think many differences exist in the optimisation work that must be done with the 2 chipsets.
    Also, I can't see why the 5.1, being Q3 2018, should receive the Pie update AFTER previous generation, two-year old phones like the 5 or the 6 (that are, BTW, Qualcomm devices).
    Finally, the 5.1 was marketed through the claim "Android Pie ready"; nevertheless, it's at the moment the only Nokia phone released after 2017 to be running 8.0, not even 8.1... Unless it was blatant false advertising, I think we have waited a little too long to be pushed further down the line.
    I don't agree with your logic.
    we waited so many days. let us wait for 3 months. in march android will announce 10. and they release in august/ september. why they are giving O/S  updates to high end configuration mobiles, high price mobiles above 35000 rupees
  • marsic said:
    This is a forum for Nokia 8.
    Anyway, the seller should've told you that it'll get 2 years of updates starting from the date of launch (of the phone model), not from the date of purchase. We ourselves are crying for updates, HMD is rather very slow with them, delayed after many promises, got a half baked pie update, no sign of the promised new and proper camera app and all that nastiness.

Good luck with your purchase, i don't know what to say more.

who said this is for only nokia 8 forum. its for everything and we can discuss on every topic releates to technology. sorry if my words hurts. 
  • notiz notiz ✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I don't want Pie update  right now, it seems to be a lot of bugs on 5.1plus. 
  • ujinjinjin ujinjinjin ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    NICK PVK said:
    marsic said:
    Anyway, the seller should've told you that it'll get 2 years of updates starting from the date of launch (of the phone model), not from the date of purchase. We ourselves are crying for updates, HMD is rather very slow with them, delayed after many promises, got a half baked pie update, no sign of the promised new and proper camera app and all that nastiness.

who said this is for only nokia 8 forum. its for everything and we can discuss on every topic releates to technology. sorry if my words hurts. 
    Yeah, but 5.1 is 2018 q3 smartphone, so it should be updated asap
  • NICK PVK said:
    marsic said:

Yeah, but 5.1 is 2018 q3 smartphone, so it should be updated asap
    all 5.1 mobile users are waiting for latest O/S update. lets see
  • notiz said:
    I don't want Pie update  right now, it seems to be a lot of bugs on 5.1plus. 
    oh my gosh. bugs on 5.1   :(  its on nokia users
  • Stále čekám na aktualizaci!
  • ujinjinjin ujinjinjin ✭✭
    ✭✭  / 
    notiz said:

Got security patch update without pie 
  • Spasitel said:
    Stále čekám na aktualizaci!

hey @[email protected] I don't know your lang :(
  • notiz said:

Got security patch update without pie 
    Hey, @[email protected] u got security patch. just now updated my mobile. I didn't receive any update  :/
  • I got the pie update the very first day I bought this 5.1 in Dubai January 2nd. Pie is not stable on this phone. Sometimes mobile freezes and you have to press lock button to make it start working again. Scrolling peed is slow and doesn't stick to your fingers when scrolling pages. I wish I could downgrade back to oreo 
  • I got the pie update the very first day I bought this 5.1 in Dubai January 2nd. Pie is not stable on this phone. Sometimes mobile freezes and you have to press lock button to make it start working again. Scrolling peed is slow and doesn't stick to your fingers when scrolling pages. I wish I could downgrade back to oreo 
    This is completely unheard of.
    Could you please post your telephone info? It's the six-digit code you find in Settings/System, right at the bottom, the format is TA-XXXX.
    That would be very useful.
    is it true? did you got android pie update really. oh my gosh. it's very bad for Indians. I think they will android update 9.1after android releases android 10.
  • Krikereg said:
    I got the pie update the very first day I bought this 5.1 in Dubai January 2nd. Pie is not stable on this phone. Sometimes mobile freezes and you have to press lock button to make it start working again. Scrolling peed is slow and doesn't stick to your fingers when scrolling pages. I wish I could downgrade back to oreo 
    This is completely unheard of.
    Could you please post your telephone info? It's the six-digit code you find in Settings/System, right at the bottom, the format is TA-XXXX.
    That would be very useful.
    yes share info buddy
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Geekbench score of Nokia 5.1 running Pie is leaked. So, let's hope the Pie is near for the Nokia 5.1.

Link:
    https://nokiapoweruser.com/nokia-5-1-also-seen-with-android-pie-on-geekbench-may-get-it-sooner-than-others/

Credit:
    Nokiapoweruser