Bugs after Pie update in Nokia 5.1+.

Recently Nokia released Pie Update for Nokia 5.1+. As we all Know, No software is perfect and Somehow Bugs Creep in. Here, I'm going to address Those Bugs.

Bugs after Pie update in Nokia 5.1+.

ABHAI KUMAR ABHAI KUMAR
✭✭  / 
Recently Nokia released Pie Update for Nokia 5.1+. As we all Know, No software is perfect and Somehow Bugs Creep in.

Here, I'm going to address Those Bugs.

1. Settings Crash when Notification or Ringtone or Alarm sound is Set to None. Temporary fix is to Change These Sounds Via any 3rd party apps like Any Ringtone app or File manager.

2. Earpiece stops Working when in Accessibility Mode, Hearing Aid is Turned On. To reproduce, go to Phone> Settings> Accessibility> hearing Aid, Turn On and Reboot.

3. In Quick Pull Down Menu, Network Icon remain Blank.

4. In SIM 2, having VoLTE Issue. All of Sudden VoLTE disappear or Sometimes It don't come Unless Phone is Soft reset.

These are 4 Bugs that is in Pie Update.

PS- I have performed Factory Reset and These issue still persist.

Comments

• ABHAI KUMAR ABHAI KUMAR
    ✭✭  / 
    Those Who are able to Reproduce this Bug or Any Other Bug, Do report in This Discussion. This will help easy for Nokia Employee to find all Bugs in Just One thread.
    ✭✭  / 
    And when Just Notification is Pulled down, Everything is normal.

PS- Its Airtel VoLTE.

✭✭  / 
    Recently Nokia released Pie Update for Nokia 5.1+. As we all Know, No software is perfect and Somehow Bugs Creep in.

Here, I'm going to address Those Bugs.

1. Settings Crash when Notification or Ringtone or Alarm sound is Set to None. Temporary fix is to Change These Sounds Via any 3rd party apps like Any Ringtone app or File manager.

2. Earpiece stops Working when in Accessibility Mode, Hearing Aid is Turned On. To reproduce, go to Phone> Settings> Accessibility> hearing Aid, Turn On and Reboot.

3. In Quick Pull Down Menu, Network Icon remain Blank.

4. In SIM 2, having VoLTE Issue. All of Sudden VoLTE disappear or Sometimes It don't come Unless Phone is Soft reset.

These are 4 Bugs that is in Pie Update.

PS- I have performed Factory Reset and These issue still persist.
    Noticed another bug (I guess!) In 5.1 plus, whenever the phone is idle, it constantly makes notification sounds after every 15-20 seconds even though there are no new notifications which is very annoying. Is this a setting change or a bug?
    Can U check SMS setting and turn Off Service messege and Wireless Emergency Alert.
  • VOLTE not working after pie update. I am using Reliance Jio and Airtel. Please fix as I'm unable to use call and sms service. 
    ✭✭  / 
    shubham14 said:
    VOLTE not working after pie update. I am using Reliance Jio and Airtel. Please fix as I'm unable to use call and sms service. 
    Do Network Reset and check.
  • Pie update has brought in some issues .Screen stays active while i am in call. Tab shuts down after downloading. Can we uninstall the update ?
  • shubham14 said:
    VOLTE not working after pie update. I am using Reliance Jio and Airtel. Please fix as I'm unable to use call and sms service. 
    Do Network Reset and check.
    Put you Jio 4g sim card in sim slot 1
  • New bug in camera app,
    When I am recording a video when I long press the stop button the camera app crashes!

There is no pause button in app
    The slow motion is now at really bad quality some lines are seen in slow motion not expected this from the phone 
  • MohanKrishna MohanKrishna
    ✭✭  / 
    Kkushan said:
    Pie update has brought in some issues .Screen stays active while i am in call. Tab shuts down after downloading. Can we uninstall the update ?
    Screen remains stays active for me also sometimes..beecause the proximity sensor is not working properly...
    Just
    You can't uninstall update I think..

✭✭  / 
    Do Reset App Preferences 1st and check problem. Those Problem isn't present to me because I stated I did factory reset so There are very less chance of any issue.
  • A perfectly performing phone is left handicapped after the pie update.
    1.1.Most app crashes due to poor ram management. Almost all time ram usage is above 60%. Even YouTube/Maps glitches and crahes. 
    Limit is when even the stock camera app crahes. 
    2. Google alarm hangs after an alarm and keeps ringing even after dismissing it. Only solution is to restart the phone.
    3. Poor battery management. Even in standby, the backup is greatly decreased after the update. 
    4. A good phone is totally ruined by Nokia's update.

• VoLTE Services Disable Automatically 
    It's very big issue in this phone 
    I have jio and airtel sim those have volte
    And i am not able to make any call

• VoLTE Services Disable Automatically 
    It's very big issue in this phone 
    I have jio and airtel sim those have volte
    And i am not able to make any call

Same issue
  • amit majumder amit majumder
    ✭✭  / 
    Where is the update?????????

• bhagyesh2491 bhagyesh2491
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Where is the update?????????

The January Security Patch upadtevis out now
  • Aian Aian
    ✭✭  / 
    Installed the January patch. Thought it would resolve those issues but the issues still persist. Volte video calling not working, in network settings, carrier video calling option is missing. When this issues will be resolved tell me. Otherwise, I would like to downgrade to oreo. I don't want this buggy pie update 😒.
  • I. Am new with nokia I bye this last 1 week and update in pie 🥧
    I have face many problems 
    Like every time hang and automation disable VOLTE 
    What is thik man
    I hate all this
    I am come to redmi note 4 to nokia but nokia is very poor to Chinese mobile 
  • Phone lags when I turns data on and says system UI isn't responding try to fix these bugs and try to improve ram management
  • Shailaja Duddilla Shailaja Duddilla
     /  edited February 12
    I have an issue regarding the sim signal and network. I am using idea network. My problem is my sim is detected on the phone but it is showing no signal and also i cannot make calls or recieve calls from other networks . This problem has been started from 2 or 3 days.  
    At first I thought there is problem with signal but the network and signal is fine when I had put the sim in another phone and able to make and recieve calls
    In my 5.1plus it showing that I has my idea sim but I could not make recieve calls and cannot use internet also i have tried different methods to solve this from youtube threads etc but the problem is still there
  •  If you have updated the google contact app recently as I had, this might cause the System UI not responding problem, I disabled it and now everything works fine.
  • I live in Pakistan and I bought today Nokia 5.1. Android's update should I update Android pie because I've heard the battery drain too fast.After update android from Oreo to Pie.