Removal Of Back Button from Navigation Bar

After the update to Pie the first think what I saw different was the coming of the new Navigation bar with only two buttons i.e.

Removal Of Back Button from Navigation Bar

planetoidx planetoidx
✭✭✭  / 
After the update to Pie the first think what I saw different was the coming of the new Navigation bar with only two buttons i.e. a back button and a tiny bar. 

It was an entirely different experience for me. But learned to use it within few days. Now I am very comfortable with this Navigation bar. Multi-Tasking and App Switching had become faster, efficient and more productive.

But now to make it more efficient and even faster I would like to suggest  to remove the back button, make the sliding of the bar to the left as the replacement of the back button. It would also improve the look of the navigation bar. I am not recommending to completely remove the back button but give us users a choice to remove it and use the sliding of bar to left as the back button. 

Comments

• planetoidx planetoidx
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 2019
    It would be better if Nokia would implement this feature in the next update...
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    After the update to Pie the first think what I saw different was the coming of the new Navigation bar with only two buttons i.e. a back button and a tiny bar. 

It was an entirely different experience for me. But learned to use it within few days. Now I am very comfortable with this Navigation bar. Multi-Tasking and App Switching had become faster, efficient and more productive.

But now to make it more efficient and even faster I would like to suggest  to remove the back button, make the sliding of the bar to the left as the replacement of the back button. It would also improve the look of the navigation bar. I am not recommending to completely remove the back button but give us users a choice to remove it and use the sliding of bar to left as the back button. 

Well you can achieve full screen gestures if you want in the time being. If you want to try Gestures for Navigation try Fluid Navigation Gestures. I just started to use this and its pretty cool. You will be able to hide the navigation bar with this and change your gestures for different navigation layout. However, you have to use adb on PC to hide the navigation bar. You will get the info on how to do this in the app itself.

Link:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fb.fluid

I think Google won't improve this navigation bar layout until the arrival of Android Q.
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Google had to keep the back ... Otherwise apple lovers will cry... Saying copier 😆