Android Pie update for Nokia 8 (2017)

When will India receive Android Pie update for Nokia 8(2017).

Android Pie update for Nokia 8 (2017)

When will India receive Android Pie update for Nokia 8(2017).
Tagged:

Comments

• January
  • Üdv  Magyarországon mikor kapom meg a piet ? 
  • No pie still in jordan( middle East)
  • will someone answer this? what is keeping HMD  from allowing us (from India) to get the update?

• There will be no pie for India)
  • Jivko Antonov Jivko Antonov
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I'm sure that this Pie release is stopped and all we will receive a new improved one. The problem isn't only in India, here in Europe most of us also doesn't receive any Pie.
  • naufrago said:
    I suggest not to upgrade to Pie if you are using OTP for online banking.
    There is no going back to Oreo and OTP issue remains unsolved until now.
    I've also experienced the same problem with Android Pie Beta.
    I've flagged messages that I've reported as spam in the Google posts app as "not spam". 
    Now I can get every message.

I don't know what happens if I sign a spam message. I've never tampered with this.
    If you've also marked spam messages, take them back as not spam. It could work like I did.

I hope that will be useful.
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    hakankpk said:
    naufrago said:
    I suggest not to upgrade to Pie if you are using OTP for online banking.
    There is no going back to Oreo and OTP issue remains unsolved until now.
    I've also experienced the same problem with Android Pie Beta.
    I've flagged messages that I've reported as spam in the Google posts app as "not spam". 
    Now I can get every message.

I don't know what happens if I sign a spam message. I've never tampered with this.
    If you've also marked spam messages, take them back as not spam. It could work like I did.

I hope that will be useful.

There is/was no blocked message/contact.

• user389 user389
    ✭✭✭  / 
    naufrago said:
    There is/was no blocked message/contact.
    I'm curious while waiting for Pie, how about the Caller ID & Spam settings? - It used to be in the dialler app.
    OTP's are typically sent from a withheld number and can get caught if the filtering is now too aggressive.
  • I also prefer to wait but ... still sad ...
  • I hope also that we will get full version of Pie.
  • When are we getting android 9 for Nokia 8 in south Africa
  • user1508928527225 user1508928527225
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 2
    I seem to have managed to get rid of the OTP issue today. While ordering an item from an online store, I did not get confirmation SMS for the order. However, when I attempted to look at existing messages from the same sender (not a regular number, but rather the name of the store), I did see a notification about the contact being blocked, so I might be missing some messages (can't remember the exact text but that's the gist of it).

Now, obviously I had not blocked messages from that sender; looking at blocked contacts, I did have three spamming other companies there, all of them with a name rather than a phone number. I removed them, and no longer saw the notification while looking at the online store's previous messages. After this I tried another service that I had OTP reception problem after updating to Pie and got the OTP now just fine. Finally, I also received "your order is ready for pick-up" message from the online store (as I had chosen pick-up from the store rather than delivery).

So it kind of looks like there might be something funny going on with blocked contacts, causing entries in the blocked contacts list also block other senders inadvertently. However, as in @naufrago 's case there were no blocked contacts, maybe there's more than one issue that might cause this kind of symptoms...
  • Android pie still not in Australia either. 
  • why the update of android foot of the motorola g6 plus will work the adaptive battery if it is not part of android one ?? and why can not Nokia 8 get it?
  • Tell me why nokia 8 is not getting android pie update ...its release and promise time already gone.
  • Vicky max Vicky max
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Tell me why nokia 8 is not getting android pie update ...its release and promise time already gone.
    Simple reason they mostly focusing on budget range mobile ,upcoming mobiles instead flagship...they have large number of customers in those range and good market place for money earnings too. Let them release Nokia 9 rumour Penta lense in this year 3rd flagship...let them work
  • user1538713946412 user1538713946412
    ✭✭  /  edited January 3
    . Maybe the best practice all of us just chill out and wait until HMD fix all this bugs and development problem.And Send out stable Android 9.Not forget we are not in Android 1 category .Hopefull come soon or with a January security patch.I hope!!!
  • nosferatu said:
    There will be no pie for India)
    why?
  • Raymond Guo Raymond Guo
     /  edited January 3
    . Maybe the best practice all of us just chill out and wait until HMD fix all this bugs and development problem.And Send out stable Android 9.Not forget we are not in Android 1 category .Hopefull come soon or with a January security patch.I hope!!!
    OnePlus 6 is not Android One, neither are Huawei P20, Mate 10, SonyXperia XZ2 and Moto G6. They all have Pie rolled out. HMD is simply making excuse, end of. Will not consider another Nokia phone in the foreseeable future.
  • beezzzzz beezzzzz
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes still does not have receved the update. Support is talking to wait. But i was fogure out after a 3 days that update is suspended. Support is talking that all is ok just waiting - liars
  • Hello :)
    Can someone tell me when Android Pie can be updated for Nokia 8 2017 (Portugal) ?
    Thanks.