That's it for me

I'll return my unopened sirocco and wait for new devices next year. I might consider the n9 if the price is right.

That's it for me

luckyluca luckyluca
✭✭  / 
I'll return my unopened sirocco and wait for new devices next year.
I might consider the n9 if the price is right.
Hope hmd will see that they can't sell a flagship at flagship price with an older chip

Comments

• user1533389005251 user1533389005251
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I thought nokia sirocco is what i want. Android one and fast updates sounds great. So I bought myself one, but now I'm just disappointed. Samsung lies in front of an android one mobile no and no.
  • romu romu
    ✭✭  / 
    I still like the nokia sirocco. Android Oreo works just fine for me, only the camera app is bad. But yes I bought the nokia sirocco for its Android One and the promises that come with it and I am disappointed that there is no Pie as of yet. However at least we have the security patches up to date.
  • dane dane
    ✭✭  / 
    Very disappointed with our sirocco users, juho is never clearly told anything
  • Happyhopper Happyhopper
    ✭✭  / 
    Maybe not the correct place but can't see anyway to start a new thread. 

Has anyone heard of glance screen not activating when phone is picked up if set for the minutes option and not activating all the time when always on is selected.

Now this is a brand new phone on 8.0 with no updates installed at all ( wanted to test it before I loose the option to return it)

Thanks
  • gordon_pcb_designer gordon_pcb_designer
    ✭✭  /  edited January 5
    Maybe not the correct place but can't see anyway to start a new thread. 

Has anyone heard of glance screen not activating when phone is picked up if set for the minutes option and not activating all the time when always on is selected.

Now this is a brand new phone on 8.0 with no updates installed at all ( wanted to test it before I loose the option to return it)

Thanks
    Yes, glance screen works as fxxxk as it wants, sometimes doesn't work at all.

That said, I don't see the point to be so angry or disappointed about chips and about Sirocco especially.
    First,  I challenge anyone to find out a difference between SD 835 and 845 in real life.
    Second, with my Sirocco with 40% WiFi and 60% 4G 4G+ I experience 5.5 screen hours.
    With 30% 4G 4G+ and 70% Wifi I'm between 8 and 8.5 hours of screen with 15% of battery life left.

This with a small 3200 or something mAh.

So, seriously speaking, I don't know what you're guys talking and complaying  about.
  • MarquesMario MarquesMario
    ✭✭  / 
    gordon_pcb_designer said:

That said, I don't see the point to be so angry or disappointed about chips and about Sirocco especially.
    First,  I challenge anyone to find out a difference between SD 835 and 845 in real life.
    Second, with my Sirocco with 40% WiFi and 60% 4G 4G+ I experience 5.5 screen hours.
    With 30% 4G 4G+ and 70% Wifi I'm between 8 and 8.5 hours of screen with 15% of battery life left.

So, seriously speaking, I don't know what you're guys talking and complaying  about.
    Hi!
    I am not complaining, for now, of equipment malfunction ...
    I think that an equipment that is in the program Android One, should already be working with the latest version of this operating system and with the latest security updates. You're not, and no one from HMD explains what's going on!
    In my life I've had hundreds of smartphones! When you're looking for a smartphone that's supposed to be up to date with the purest, up-to-date version of Android and looking for the "best," you'll pay the same as for other top-of-the-range devices, you also want the same treatment. When you place your trust in a brand and see that nobody wants to know, it is HMD's lack of professionalism and accountability to customers.
    We are here to leave our complaints and we do not even have an answer!
    That's what this is about!
    ✭✭✭  / 
    gordon_pcb_designer said:

Hi!
    I am not complaining, for now, of equipment malfunction ...
    I think that an equipment that is in the program Android One, should already be working with the latest version of this operating system and with the latest security updates. You're not, and no one from HMD explains what's going on!
    In my life I've had hundreds of smartphones! When you're looking for a smartphone that's supposed to be up to date with the purest, up-to-date version of Android and looking for the "best," you'll pay the same as for other top-of-the-range devices, you also want the same treatment. When you place your trust in a brand and see that nobody wants to know, it is HMD's lack of professionalism and accountability to customers.
    We are here to leave our complaints and we do not even have an answer!
    That's what this is about!
    You sad  it spot on 
  • SailingDuck SailingDuck
    ✭✭  / 
    Why consider N9? Nokia clearly doesn't care about premium users. If they didn't for the sirocco, why for the N9.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Why consider N9? Nokia clearly doesn't care about premium users. If they didn't for the sirocco, why for the N9.
    I have thought the same. Those who buy expensive mobiles will continue with it for the likes of quality. but don't like bad service as nokia is doing now. I bought S9 on offer now and get Pie in 14 days. And I'm not going to buy more mobiles from Nokia.
  • Bharadwaj Sarma Bharadwaj Sarma
    ✭✭  / 
    I got pie update just now I'm sirroco user
  • luckyluca luckyluca
    ✭✭  / 
    you're right, I just liked the screen size better and am intrigued by the camera configuration