Extreme battery overheating

So i was just asleep for 3 hours when i got woken woken up by alot of notifications. My phone warned me that my battery was overheating.

Extreme battery overheating

Internet addict Internet addict
 /  edited January 1
So i was just asleep for 3 hours when i got woken woken up by alot of notifications. My phone warned me that my battery was overheating. Turns out that since last night my Nokia 7.1 does not stop charging after the battery reaches 100%

My battery was over 53° Celcius. I only use the original charger and cable. 

What a piece of cr*p is this phone. If it was not in my bedroom but instead on the sofa in the living room maybe the thing would have catched fire and then what !

Comments

• Might be your device because mine is cool to touch even on charging, I don't like having things on charge at night though, in just such cases .....heat can be caused by placing electronic on wrong surfaces too, where the surface doesn't dissipate heat quick enough away from the device, I always keep things like my pc , phone ,etc on a solid surface (not fabric or anything that can store static) so no soft furnishings, carpets ,etc 

I hope you find out the issue either way 
  • Plus make sure there's no apps inadvertently keeping your phone active or awake , or even an app that keeps waking your phone , not sure if it would add to the phones heating issue , but I know some apps can be buggers 
  • You're right about that. Only last night my phone was on a wooden table next to my bed when it was charging. 

On the first screenshot you you can see that the phone keeps charging even at 100%. It keeps doing that until the phone rings an alarm for overheating.

Another thing , is it just me or do you guys also have problems typing here. I get words apear double here and when i want to correct my typing i cant place the cursor with my touchscreen. Again and again there is a menu appearing for uploading a picture if i press the screen to place the cursor. Very very annoying. It only happens on this site. 
  • I'm also facing similar issue.Got 7.1, 3 days back, battery is draining very fast( after 100% charge , it's at 5% after 9hrs of moderate usage)Also the heat on the phone is irritating .Got a system update as well but things have not changed.Any suggestion guys??
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    a restart can cure this overheating issue...by breaking the continuous background process responsible for battery drainage. 
  • mctuc mctuc
     / 
    I'm also facing similar issue.Got 7.1, 3 days back, battery is draining very fast( after 100% charge , it's at 5% after 9hrs of moderate usage)Also the heat on the phone is irritating .Got a system update as well but things have not changed.Any suggestion guys??
    Factory reset fixed it for me. Battery life from 4,5 hrs back to 38