Internal Early Pie Beta leaked for Nokia 8 Sirocco on XDA

I don't know about its authenticity but it looks legit. However, if you really want to try this, read everything on the link below and proceed with caution. 

Internal Early Pie Beta leaked for Nokia 8 Sirocco on XDA

wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 4
I don't know about its authenticity but it looks legit. However, if you really want to try this, read everything on the link below and proceed with caution. 

Link:
 https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-8-sirocco/how-to/guide-how-to-install-android-pie-build-t3885834

PS: Looks like its only for someone who has already unlocked the Bootloader of their Sirocco.

Do share screenshots and other info if you have tried this on your phone. 😁

@Audioboxer this might be of your interest. I think you already know about this.

Comments

• The previous Pie internal OTAs were terrible. Even buggier and missing more than the Nokia 8 Pie build. 

These appear to be newer so I might give them a try. 
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    The previous Pie internal OTAs were terrible. Even buggier and missing more than the Nokia 8 Pie build. 

Great 😀. 
  • The previous Pie internal OTAs were terrible. Even buggier and missing more than the Nokia 8 Pie build. 

Great 😀. 
    https://mega.nz/#F!W50gzawY!nC8Yb9yE6n08gGafFi700A

The main file is the same one from back on the 12th of December. It's the two smaller OTAs that are new. 

December build was missing gestures, adaptive battery, pro camera and IIRC theme selection. These internal OTAs also do not pass safetynet so things like Google Pay won't work.

Do not install them unless you have an unlocked bootloader.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    The previous Pie internal OTAs were terrible. Even buggier and missing more than the Nokia 8 Pie build. 

Great 😀. 
    https://mega.nz/#F!W50gzawY!nC8Yb9yE6n08gGafFi700A

The main file is the same one from back on the 12th of December. It's the two smaller OTAs that are new. 

December build was missing gestures, adaptive battery, pro camera and IIRC theme selection. These internal OTAs also do not pass safetynet so things like Google Pay won't work.

Do not install them unless you have an unlocked bootloader.
    Thank you for the suggestion however I have no plan of installing this.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    The base update is, in fact, newer than the leaked December Pie even although the filenames are the same. It comes with digital wellbeing and adaptive battery and the camera app is 91.9.1150.20 so is at least the newer Camera app :) 

I had to sideload the two OTAs, the dialer method doesn't work on Pie anymore.

We're in better shape than we were in December. Shouldn't be long now for final!
    Thank you so much for sharing all these info. Let's hope for the best after so much wait and test of patience from Nokia.

Cheers 😁
  • The base update is, in fact, newer than the leaked December Pie even although the filenames are the same. It comes with digital wellbeing and adaptive battery and the camera app is 91.9.1150.20 so is at least the newer Camera app :) 

We're in better shape than we were in December. Shouldn't be long now for final!
    Thank you so much for sharing all these info. Let's hope for the best after so much wait and test of patience from Nokia.

Cheers 😁
    Yup, everything is looking good. Gestures are included too.

January security patch as well.

The only bug I found is a slight graphical glitch with the on-screen navbar where the circle in the middle sometimes has the top slightly cut off. Hard to explain, but it's just an intermittent graphical bug. Should be easy to fix.
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 5
    The base update is, in fact, newer than the leaked December Pie even although the filenames are the same. It comes with digital wellbeing and adaptive battery and the camera app is 91.9.1150.20 so is at least the newer Camera app :) 

Cheers 😁

The only bug I found is a slight graphical glitch with the on-screen navbar where the circle in the middle sometimes has the top slightly cut off. Hard to explain, but it's just an intermittent graphical bug. Should be easy to fix.
    Great stuff. Is there anymore bugs? How about the Stock Camera Performance. Does it seem much better than before?
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 6

Cheers 😁

Great stuff. Is there anymore bugs? How about the Stock Camera Performance. Does it seem much better than before?

A little but Google Camera is still better. The Pro mode is at least included now for anyone wanting to experiment with settings.

I can't really find any more bugs other than the graphical glitch, so I wouldn't be surprised if the release is next week.

Sadly no updates or changes to glance. Ambient display is not included, only glance.
    Great to hear that this Pie build is almost totally bug free. Hopefully, there will be no bugs in the Stable release.

Now I feel like it is wrong to expect Nokia Camera to perform in the levels of Google Camera. The Pro mode is great for experimenting and taking your time to click the perfect picture but for normal Photography, Gcam is still the best. But, great to hear they are making the Camera better and better even if its a slow progress. 

Yup, Community Members all over the forum have been asking for at least some customization like the Native Face Unlock, Ambient Display etc. to name a few. But, I think Nokia is bound by Android One. And, it is unclear if that's the total reason.