Dark theme mode

Most of the mobile are getting dark theme mode for everything even on the settings menu like the one plus phones and Samsung and Huawei.

Dark theme mode

Most of the mobile are getting dark theme mode for everything even on the settings menu like the one plus phones and Samsung and Huawei. So I request you to bring the dark theme mode for the Phone as it also saves the battery consumption and also doesn't affect the eyes!
So I request to bring an update for this dark mode. Asap
Tagged:

Comments

• Why do we need a new android version for the dark theme mode? Several other phones are getting on android pie itself!!
  • nitheesh nitheesh
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 2019
    @user1535805830080 First of all just accept it's an android one phone.
    Above you mentioned One Plus, Samsung and Huawei can able to enable dark theme in the entire system UI. Yes, they can, because they are not under in a stock android programme. They have customized the OS with there own UI.
    So android one device can't do this (means Google needs to enable this). You can check the same in Google Pixel, Moto One Power or any other android one devices, that devices also like our Nokia.
    The Settings menu won't change colors, nor will any of your apps. But there are still plenty of places where the dark theme applies. Currently, the dark theme is only available in these areas: 

Quick Settings

Google Now

App Drawer

Volume Menu

Power Menu

If you really want this, just inbox to Google  :)
    If anything wrong, please advise.
  • nitheesh nitheesh
    I believe we will only witness the complete dark mode throughout the system only in upcoming Android Q(10) or whatever it maybe named. 

And, please don't create multiple post with the same topic asking same question.
    Yes, I noticed you(@user1535805830080) created multiple threads with the same topic. Please don't. :)
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    Why do we need a new android version for the dark theme mode? Several other phones are getting on android pie itself!!
    Because its Android One and Nokia wants to and have to keep the system pure and unaltered. I mean we also want them to customize the system little bit but we don't know what they are planning. We just have to accept its a Android One device and major changes comes to these devices most of the times only through an OS upgrade.

I saw @nitheesh has explained it quite well. You should look into his answer.
  • nitheesh said:
    Above you mentioned One Plus, Samsung and Huawei can able to enable dark theme in the entire system UI. Yes, they can, because they are not under in a stock android programme. They have customized the OS with there own UI.
    So android one device can't do this (means Google needs to enable this). You can check the same in Google Pixel, Moto One Power or any other android one devices, that devices also like our Nokia.
    The Settings menu won't change colors, nor will any of your apps. But there are still plenty of places where the dark theme applies. Currently, the dark theme is only available in these areas: 

Quick Settings

Google Now

App Drawer

Volume Menu

Power Menu

How did you get Google Now darkmode? I don't have it. I have the others in darkmode except Google Now. Also what version is that Gcam you are using?
  • Most of the mobile are getting dark theme mode for everything even on the settings menu like the one plus phones and Samsung and Huawei. So I request you to bring the dark theme mode for the Phone as it also saves the battery consumption and also doesn't affect the eyes!
    So I request to bring an update for this dark mode. Asap
    Nokia 6.1 plus use IPS panel lcd not AMOLED
    so using dark theme doesn't affect the battery consumption
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Nokia has nothing to do with the mode..  Its only google who can implement this.... As u can see google has already implemented dark mode in phone, message, contacts, news apps and in notification panel..  app drwaers.. & various places....we stock users have to wait to get dark mode around OS in upcoming android upgrades. As apple & Windows has done it... Get assured that the dark mode is now matter to wait only. 
  • nitheesh said:

Quick Settings

Google Now

App Drawer

Volume Menu

Power Menu

How did you get Google Now darkmode? I don't have it. I have the others in darkmode except Google Now. Also what Gcam are you using?
  • nitheesh nitheesh
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    According to nokiapoweruser: Android Q to get a system-wide dark mode.
  • nitheesh nitheesh
    @Frwrend The Google Now dark mode is only available in google pixel devices. The screenshots were taken in a pixel device.
  • neng neng
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I think @nitheesh has explained it properly  :) and thus it's only Google who can modify this and having dark theme mode in its entirety as an option to consider. Also any device running on Android One platform must apply Google's version of android, i.e. stock android, with no additional customizations. 
  • nitheesh nitheesh
    Confirmed, Android Q might finally be the one to bring system-wide dark mode.
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    nitheesh said:
    Confirmed, Android Q might finally be the one to bring system-wide dark mode.
    as expected....they had to do it after IOS & Windows. accent color & system theme according to wallpaper. 
  • abhishek19.a abhishek19.a
    ✭✭  / 
    Have patience...android is planning to add system wide black theme in Android Q.
  • fmukbil97 fmukbil97
    ✭✭✭  / 

I present to you Nokia's version of Dark -actually grey- Theme; not sure why not black :|

• fmukbil97 fmukbil97
    ✭✭✭  / 
  • Axe-man Axe-man
    ✭✭  / 

Oh. U already have the Android 10. I thought it was on Pie.

• Why nokia 6.1 plus not support third party theme engine like substratum theme engine