Jan update

Come on lazy slow Nokia people, time to roll out the Jan 1 update for Sirocco Oreo as you will not supply the pie version, at least give us some thing we paid you a lot of money for these phones and your website states Android One will always be up to date, well mine is not it should be running pie or Jan 1 but NO.

Jan update

Come on lazy slow Nokia people, time to roll out the Jan 1 update for Sirocco Oreo as you will not supply the pie version, at least give us some thing we paid you a lot of money for these phones and your website states Android One will always be up to date, well mine is not it should be running pie or Jan 1 but NO.
You either need to do what you say you will on your website or change the website, I feel that I have been misold my phone as I am not getting what I paid for.
HMD just an idea for the February update, sell Nokia and do us all a favour, you are really bad at running a phone manufacturer.

Regards

Russell.

Comments

• Google hasn't even published a security bulletin for January yet, so I guess not even the Pixel phones got the patch up to now.
  • slinky trips slinky trips
     /  edited January 9
    Based on other dates in the past for the Sirocco it is usually after 2 weeks into the month before it's released. 

https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/security-updates
  • Even Microsoft have released the windows phone update for January.
  • todesurteil todesurteil
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Google only released the sp the 7th of Jan thus it will take a few days for us to get it I guess if that is what you're reffering too?
  • anirban banerjee anirban banerjee
    ✭✭  /  edited January 14
    Sirocco is updated to Pie, with Dec security update, 3 days back. May take a while to update security patch to Jan 19. Even others are on Dec patch, incuding my Sony XZ Premium. First Google has to release it - its all for Pixel and Nexus right now.
  • Jan patch is in the internal OTAs. From the 3rd of January.

A1N-412A-0-00WW-B01-4120-0-00WW-B03-update.zip

Just waiting for it to be officially rolled out.

✭✭✭  /  edited January 14
    @Audioboxer
    Currently my Sirocco is a carrier device and assume with some carrier firmware/bloatware (Apps of the carrier pre-installed which can be removed).
    I'm new to Nokia firmware, use to flash using odin on samsungs, haven't tried with Nokia's to be honest. 

Two questions if you don't mind?
    1) Will it void my warranty with my carrier/Nokia?
    2) Will it be possible to revert (if that's the correct word) back to a carrier version should I take it back if I have a warranty issue in the future?

Just wondering...
  • @Audioboxer
    Currently my Sirocco is a carrier device and assume with some carrier firmware/bloatware (Apps of the carrier pre-installed which can be removed).
    I'm new to Nokia firmware, use to flash using odin on samsungs, haven't tried with Nokia's to be honest. 

Two questions if you don't mind?
    1) Will it void my warranty with my carrier/Nokia?
    2) Will it be possible to revert (if that's the correct word) back to a carrier version should I take it back if I have a warranty issue in the future?

Just wondering...

Your warranty with Nokia won't be voided unless you unlock your bootloader. I'm not sure what your carrier warranty will be, you'll need to check with them. 

It's probably just preloaded apps and still a pretty clean Android One experience. 
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Thanks appreciate the reply