Pricing

Anybody think that the Nokia 8.1 is overpriced in India as compared to its China pricing.And seeing a tough competition in the market. 

Pricing

Anybody think that the Nokia 8.1 is overpriced in India as compared to its China pricing.And seeing a tough competition in the market. 

If yes then hit a like button and if not tell me why?
Tagged:

Comments

• jimmyireland jimmyireland
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The market is over saturated and then you have taxes and shipping charges this is not only applicable to nokia its all manufacturers unfortunatly and called economics 
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

@jimmyireland is right, there are many factors. At least in India you don't really have to pay customs duties because the phones are manufactured in India, other countries are much more expensive as we must import the phones from China.

And everyone always wants more for less. Just wait a few months and the price will come down, or by a Nokia 8 as they're a bargain compared to the 8.1.

Cheers :)
  • Yah bro you are right but what I said is according to the competition in India smartphone market because here people can get SD 675 processor in ₹14,000 with 48MP camera then you tell me why they will pay ₹16,000 for Nokia 6.1 plus or for Nokia 7.1 .
    Soon a phone from real me company is coming realms 3 pro which has SE 710 with which it will also having the same camera sensor which one plus 6T is having which will be available at a price range of ₹14,000 around.

So I said this so that nokia can became the among  top 5 smartphone phone brand in India .
    Nokia does not comes under top 10 smartphone brand in indIn because of its pricing. If pricing will be good then definitely it will come under top 5 . Their is a very tough competition in India in smartphone market. Beacuse of chinChi smartphone manufacturers they give us the honest pricing to the people.
  • In China the same nokia 8.1 is available at a price of ₹20,000 but in India it's pricing is ₹27,000 . @madbilly .
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hello @Shek16rocks the 8.1 isn't available in China, it's the X7 and it doesn't have the guarantee of 3 years of updates, so that accounts for part of the price difference.

Anyway I don't think it's enough that HMD tries to compete on price, they must find a USP which makes them better, regardless of the spec and the price.
  • Ya bro I agree on the concept of hmd I am only telling what is going in indian market . Hmd has a very good ranking in the global market and doing great work in global market.
    I am just talking abt one particular country.
    So don't judge me on that basis I am also a big fan of hmd I am just trying to give suggestions to hmd how they can improve marketing in India. I want that hmd become the no.1 smartphone brand in India and in global market.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @Shek16rocks, thanks for clarifying. I have read many times people from India saying they want better and cheaper, but I had not really known the prices of competing devices. It does appear that, if comparing specs, the Nokias are not as good value. Since I have never used a Xiaomi device I can't compare build quality, reliability, etc.

I hope you're right and that HMD cam fight through this intense competition and Nokia can become the number 1 brand for smartphones again (with top quality products at all prices, not cheap poorly made rubbish), but it will take a lot of effort and determination (and a lot of money!).
    Cheers :)
  • I will not recommended anyone to use xiomi phone because they have ads in their UI. If someone wants to use xiomi phone then they can use its 'A' series because they come with  Android one programs.  Rest have great specs but it's UI and cheap quality sucks.