Front camera over exposure in 8.1 - Page 2

@madbilly apolozies, I didn't know about you. But other than you i have tagged people who have been facing same issue. And having discussion over it.

Front camera over exposure in 8.1

Comments

• NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @madbilly apolozies, I didn't know about you. But other than you i have tagged people who have been facing same issue. And having discussion over it. I won't tag you in future. 

And apart from this, i've posted the difference because to show the over exposure (make it more clear with my problem) not to show the difference between image quality. Even I know both cameras (rear and front) has its own approach and results. 
  • Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I've twitted and tag Nokia and if you guys want to do this.. download the app and sign in and tag them. It's so frustrating that I can't able to take pictures.  @mehtasameer2087 @Argho Sarkar @nitin kachare @Narayanan.R  all the people who bought 8.1
    Retweeted your Tweet.. nimisha gupta
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I've twitted and tag Nokia and if you guys want to do this.. download the app and sign in and tag them. It's so frustrating that I can't able to take pictures.  @mehtasameer2087 @Argho Sarkar @nitin kachare @Narayanan.R  all the people who bought 8.1
    Retweeted your Tweet.. nimisha gupta
  • Prateek Kejriwal Prateek Kejriwal
    ✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    @nimisha gupta Why did you tag me? I've not been involved in this discussion and I'm not HMD staff, I'm just a community member like you. I have no additional ability to fix this or get HMD's attention than you do. You've also tagged many other community members who are in the same position as me. Please be considerate when you tag people, you''re more likely to get help.

It sounds like the firmware for the front camera on the 8.1 isn't tuned correctly. Do you only get this problem with the camera in Auto mode or also when manually adjusting settings in Pro mode?

Note that the front camera uses a very different algorithm from the rear camera. The rear camera is a really good smartphone camera, good optics combined with a good sensor. The front camera uses a different approach - oversampling - to use multiple sensor pixels to produce a single image pixel; both its sensor and optics are much poorer than the rear camera.
    Totally agreed with  @madbilly

Front camera is totally different from the rear camera. 
    Rear camera has better sensor and carl zeiss optics for great photography.

As for the front camera, I agree, over exposure and sharpness are there in the image and can be tuned by doing some tricks like forcing the camera to balance exposure by clicking at the edges of the subject in the image.

@[email protected]"nimisha gupta"  . We all are facing the problem and thats the reason, we created this thread. 

Please wait and support. Just give your support over here and tag only the persons who can ring the devs internally. 

• NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Any new Gcam update for nikia 8.1 members? Anyone any idea?
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Any new Gcam update for nikia 8.1 members? Anyone any idea?
    No update till now.. 

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-bsg/

you can check for updated links here
  • I have the same problem, bought my 8.1 from Qatar. From day 1 I knew something is wrong with the camera. The phone is great with poor front camera. You just gonna lose costumer if you don't fix this  
  • JuanMartin JuanMartin
     / 
    I wanted to buy this phone but then I saw on youtube reviews that the front camera is really awful showing huge and giant amount of pores in the skin when shooting selfies.

Has this been fixed or can it be fixed? If it's fixed and someone could show some selfie camera samples then I will defenitely buy it, but otherwise I will pass....
  • GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I wanted to buy this phone but then I saw on youtube reviews that the front camera is really awful showing huge and giant amount of pores in the skin when shooting selfies.

Has this been fixed or can it be fixed? If it's fixed and someone could show some selfie camera samples then I will defenitely buy it, but otherwise I will pass....
    So you're deciding on buying this phone on if the camera shows skin pores or not? 🤣🤣🤣

A camera IS GOOD if it shows fine details, how about you clean your face so that you don't have pores. 
  • JuanMartin JuanMartin
     /  edited June 2
    > @GTR12 said:
    > JuanMartin said:
    >
    >
    > I wanted to buy this phone but then I saw on youtube reviews that the front camera is really awful showing huge and giant amount of pores in the skin when shooting selfies.
    >
    >
    >
    > Has this been fixed or can it be fixed? If it's fixed and someone could show some selfie camera samples then I will defenitely buy it, but otherwise I will pass....
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > So you're deciding on buying this phone on if the camera shows skin pores or not? 🤣🤣🤣
    >
    > A camera IS GOOD if it shows fine details, how about you clean your face so that you don't have pores. 

You don't know me, so you shouldn't say that type of things to someone you don't know. But judging by your style I'm pretty sure that even my a*s is way cleaner than your mouth and whole face.

The front camera over exposure is quite bad based on what I have seen in several youtube camera reviews.

If a professional video camera recorder and other flagship phones dont' show gigantic pores in someone face... thenI don't think that the issue is the professional video camera or other flagships. I'm more inclined to think that the one failing to capture better the reality is the Nokia 8.1
  • GTR12 GTR12
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @JuanMartin good for you, don't buy the phone then. 
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Tap on a bright part of the image to set the exposure before you take the shot as a work around until a fix is issued.
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @JuanMartin don't worry it was this issue but after after its is fixed and improved a lot. 
    I assure you you won't regret with front camera exposure issue now. Also I'm selfie person so I thought to share with you :)
  • JuanMartin JuanMartin
     /  edited June 2
    > @NIMISHA said:
    > @JuanMartin don't worry it was this issue but after after its is fixed and improved a lot. 
    > I assure you you won't regret with front camera exposure issue now. Also I'm selfie person so I thought to share with you :)
    Thanks for your comment. Which update fixed fix it? The reviews I saw had a very bad front camera, but they were from 1 or 2 months ago.... and @Zidane010h comment is from 1st June and he doesn't seem happy with the camera either...

I was really close to buy the phone till I saw some youtube videos of the front camera... Then I decided that maybe I should buy another phone (pocophone f1), but if the front camera is now finally good then I think I would get the Nokia 8.1 because I liked the rear camera a lot...
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    If lots of people were previously saying there were problems, and now those same people are saying it's better (or good even!) then I would say that the problem has been fixed.
    It's impossible to please everyone, so there will always be someone who is not happy.
    Cheers :)
  • @JuanMartin don't worry it was this issue but after after its is fixed and improved a lot. 
    I assure you you won't regret with front camera exposure issue now. Also I'm selfie person so I thought to share with you :)
    So now Front Camera problem is solved?  Today I received my Nokia 8.1 after replacement with Nokia 7 Plus,I am using this phone for last 2/3 hours but front camera is not up to mark with Nokia 7 Plus. Nokia 7 Plus front camera also equipped with Carl Zeiss lens. 
  • Abhi98 Abhi98
    ✭✭  / 
    @JuanMartin don't worry it was this issue but after after its is fixed and improved a lot. 
    So now Front Camera problem is solved?  Today I received my Nokia 8.1 after replacement with Nokia 7 Plus,I am using this phone for last 2/3 hours but front camera is not up to mark with Nokia 7 Plus. Nokia 7 Plus front camera also equipped with Carl Zeiss lens. 
    Hey,
    I too have informed that i would get and 8.1 as replacement for my 7 plus.
    Soo is the 8.1 given as replacement is refurbished or like brand new?
    Are there any scratches on the 8.1?
    Is there any warranty for return period givem for the 8.1?
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Abhi98 please tag particular person so that you'll get reply soon :)
  • Abhi98 Abhi98
    ✭✭  / 
    @Abhi98 please tag particular person so that you'll get reply soon :)
    I would love to but i don't have any idea who could help me😥
    Do you have some relevant tags?
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Abhi98 person above who replaced his device from 7.1 to 8.1, tag him. He might help you :)
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    This is myself with Nokia 8.1 front camera. Not a patch on the front camera of the Nokia 8 but not the worst ever. My stubble isn't that detailed
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @seanetta how old are you? 
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @seanetta how old are you? 
    I am 47  :)
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited June 19
    Oops! Double the age of mine. I thought you're around 20-25 😅 @seanetta
    I'm 22 :)
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  /  edited June 19
    Oops! Double the age of mine. I thought you're around 20-25 😅 @seanetta
    I'm 22 :)
    Ah shame :smile: but age is nothing but a number ;)  and that's a compliment saying you thought i was around 20 to 25. I didn't use no beauty filter
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @seanetta what shame? I didn't mean to feel you that way. You're beautiful 😊
  • seanetta seanetta
    ✭✭✭  /  edited June 19
    @seanetta what shame? I didn't mean to feel you that way. You're beautiful 😊
    Ah thank you  :) blushes  :D no i meant oh shame cos you said of age difference ;) I did send you a message the other day
  • Abhi98 Abhi98
    ✭✭  /  edited June 20
    Abhi98 said:
    Hey,
    I too have informed that i would get and 8.1 as replacement for my 7 plus.
    Soo is the 8.1 given as replacement is refurbished or like brand new?
    Are there any scratches on the 8.1?
    Is there any warranty for return period given for the 8.1?
    Greetings of the [email protected] HOSSAIN CHOWDHURY could you please answer my question.
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited June 20
    @Abhi98 you haven't tagged him, let me do it for it @MAZHAR HOSSAIN CHOWDHURY can you please give some details to this guy about your replacement of 7.1 :)
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    seanetta said:
    This is myself with Nokia 8.1 front camera. Not a patch on the front camera of the Nokia 8 but not the worst ever. My stubble isn't that detailed
    And despite some what some people claim about noise, all but noise free, great example mate, you are braver than me :D