SD cards and internal storage

I've noticed other threads remain unanswered so thought would try again.

SD cards and internal storage

user1526497065036 user1526497065036
 /  edited May 31
I've noticed other threads remain unanswered so thought would try again.

I've just wasted £30 on an SD card to use as internal storage having been clearly advised in the user guide that this would work. It's under 'How do I install a MicroSD card?'

It now appears that SD cards can only be used as portable storage

Any way Nokia might address this...and at the very last make it clear in the user guide that internal storage is disabled to save others wasting £30 on a card.

Thought I had good vfm from my phone, but cost just gone up another £30

Any comments Nokia please?

Comments

• mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  /  edited May 31

You cant and they wont simple as that.

Why are you wasting the SD card? Shove all your music on it and tell the camera app to use it as storage, you can even tell Play Movies & TV as well as Play Music to use the SD Card as storage. The chances of you filling up the much faster internal storage is then quite slim.

• Cheers, I'll have a look at how I can do that. 
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  /  edited July 29

Plus the SD card doesn't get encrypted so you can just whip it out and shove it in a PC etc. to transfer things to it.

I have only ever had 2 SD Cards fail and both times it was when it was being used as internal storage and then you are stuck trying to sort out what will and what wont work.

• oliver l oliver l
     / 

I would like to move e. g. my OneDrive (+for Business) app on the SD and have my offline files there.

But never ever would I place unencrypted personal files, incl. photos and videos from the camera, on any unencrypted device or removable media.

So encrypting the SD is a must for me. And as all files are saved in cloud it is never a problem for me if a device is broken or stolen or damaged or the SD has a malfunction.

Anybody out there caring for security?