Android Pie is not even released officially

I have contacted Nokia support they said Pie is still under build it is not even released

Android Pie is not even released officially

imchandu03 imchandu03
✭✭✭  / 
I have contacted Nokia support they said Pie is still under build it is not even released

Comments

• imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭✭  / 
    RaveXII said:
    They better make it a perfect release ,with all the features including the new camera app if it's taking so long for them
    If this is the case they would have told us, they are just playing with us, that **** Juho who gave fake promises and now fake statements
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 6
    So it was only confirmed what we all thought.  :D
    @imchandu03 ; thank you  :)
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    This has gone beyond ridiculous. I just cannot understand how this is possible.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭  / 
    But I have seen that devices in some regions have received the stable Pie. So, this should be a regional thing :)
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    HMD Global ow
  • todesurteil todesurteil
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 6
    Interesting thanx for the share @marsic and    @naufrago
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭  / 
    naufrago said:
    marsic said:
    I've just learned about this website (https://dontkillmyapp.com/) that lists several Android device vendors that are using less than desirable methods to falsely give you the impression that the battery lasts longer than expected. What do you know, Nokia/HMD is the absolute king of offenders!

Interesting story here;
    https://dontkillmyapp.com/nokia
    I have long known about this "tool", but it's surprising that it's also in Android Pie.  :o
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 6
    @petrus It reads it kills the alarms, etc., but I never experienced such an error/bug on Pie beta. 
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @naufrago ;Thank you, at least one good message :)
  • terminusaquo terminusaquo
    ✭✭✭  / 
    naufrago said:
    @petrus It reads it kills the alarms, etc., but I never experienced such an error/bug on Pie beta. 
    Same here never noticed it killing things that are on my whitelist or failing to set off alarms on my Nokia 8 with Oreo.
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 7
    I've noticed that the automatic toggling of the night light mode has been somehow cancelled on multiple occasions for me, even though it was reported as "active". It happened on both Oreo and pie. I don't remember having other activities suspiciously interrupted, but I'll update the thread as soon as i recall
  • user1508928527225 user1508928527225
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Since updating to Pie I've suffered from the JuiceSSH client getting killed while on background. Whitelisting it from background battery usage restrictions or force closing com.evenwell.powersaving.g3 does not seem to help at all. I tried now disabling Battery Manager in the settings altogether in addition to the above, let's see if that helps.

(of course it may be that JuiceSSH actually crashes on the background by itself on Pie; if turning the Battery Manager off doesn't make any difference either, I'll try getting logs with adb logcat to see if there's anything informative about JuiceSSH's demise)
  • user1508928527225 user1508928527225
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 7
    Since updating to Pie I've suffered from the JuiceSSH client getting killed while on background. Whitelisting it from background battery usage restrictions or force closing com.evenwell.powersaving.g3 does not seem to help at all. I tried now disabling Battery Manager in the settings altogether in addition to the above, let's see if that helps.

(of course it may be that JuiceSSH actually crashes on the background by itself on Pie; if turning the Battery Manager off doesn't make any difference either, I'll try getting logs with adb logcat to see if there's anything informative about JuiceSSH's demise)
    Disabling the Battery Manager altogether did not seem to make any difference, JuiceSSH still dies on the background on Pie :frowning:

I suppose I'll just have to see if logcat output shows anything informative about whether the system kills it, or if JuiceSSH itself misbehaves.
  • Qrac Qrac
    ✭✭  /  edited January 11
    I had problem with this. My alarm app (sleep as android) didn't go off several times. After wakeing up and setting the alarm 5 minutes forward while I make coffe, the alarm works fine. Want to go back to Oreo but no way. :/

naufrago said: