Front camera : See the difference with the background

Taken from front camera which has over exposure issueanother pic with NOKIA ZEISS LOGO taken from back camera. taken on the same spot now see the difference in the background.

Front camera : See the difference with the background

NIMISHA NIMISHA
**  /  edited January 7
Taken from front camera which has over exposure issueanother pic with NOKIA ZEISS LOGO taken from back camera. taken on the same spot now see the difference in the background. @nitin kachare @mehtasameer2087 @Argho Sarkar @Narayanan.R @steve @yellumahanti ramprasad

Comments

• nitin kachare nitin kachare
    **  /  edited January 7
    Yes.This happens lots of time.
    @megan @HMD_Laura can you look this issue on nokia 8.1
  • Facing the exact same issue with Nokia 8.1.. NOKIA needs to get this problem solved. We are having very high expectations. Dont shatter them.. Please Reply something @madbilly @matteo.m @dipankar paul @megan
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    **  /  edited January 7
     don't let them sit, make them remind as many times as possible. I'm doing the same. I even twitted. Everywhere I'm doing. Even I called them had chat conversation too. If we all do it together they have to listen. Pressurized them @nitin kachare @nitheesh @Narayanan.R @Sameer Mehta @mehtasameer2087 ; guys tag these ppl also everytime you post something. 
     @madbilly @matteo.m @dipankar paul @megan
  • Facing exactly the same problems as being shown by nimisha gupta. There is problem with the front camera of NOKIA 8.1.. #over_exposure in the pics.. We have spent 27k for the device and being camera centric device we expect a better camera .. Look in this matter and solve this problem.. Do reply @madbilly @matteo.m @dipankar paul @megan ;
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    **  /  edited January 7
    @Argho Sarkar don't let them sit, make them remind as many times as possible. I'm doing the same. I even twitted. Everywhere I'm doing. Even I called them had chat conversation too. If we all do it together they have to listen. Pressurized them @nitin kachare @nitheesh @Narayanan.R @Sameer Mehta @mehtasameer2087
    Tag these people whenever you post something about issue
    @HMD_Laura @madbilly @matteo.m @megan @dipankar paul @nokia user @nokianchetan
  • madbilly madbilly
    **  / 
    @nimisha gupta As I said on the other thread: I'm not HMD staff and neither are some of the other people you tagged. I have no additional ability than you to get you help with this. Please be respectful when tagging people, you're more likely to get assistance from the community and earn respect in return.
  •  people I want to share something that when I called Nokia costumer care, she asked the complaint reference no. I said that when I had conversation they hadn't given me any but this time I ask to register the issue and asked for complaint reference no.  
    It has two things that 1. We have proof and another one that as many as register complaint nos. They have, they urge to take action soonest. 
     @HMD_Laura @megan @dipankar paul@Argho Sarkar @nitin kachare @nitheesh@mehtasameer2087 @Narayanan.R @steve@matteo.m @prasanna surya @prateek kumar@Prateek Kejriwal @singhnsk
  •  people I want to share something that when I called Nokia costumer care, she asked the complaint reference no. I said that when I had conversation they hadn't given me any but this time I ask to register the issue and asked for complaint reference no.  
    It has two things that 1. We have proof and another one that as many as register complaint nos. They have, they urge to take action soonest. 
     @[email protected]_Laura  @megan @dipankar paul@Argho Sarkar @nitin kachare @nitheesh@mehtasameer2087 @Narayanan.R @steve @matteo.m @prasanna surya @prateek kumar@Prateek Kejriwal @[email protected]
     @HMD_Laura @madbilly @megan @dipankar paul@Argho Sarkar @nitin kachare @nitheesh@mehtasameer2087 @Narayanan.R @steve@matteo.m @prasanna surya @prateek kumar@Prateek Kejriwal @singhnsk
     @HMD_Laura @megan @dipankar paul@Argho Sarkar @nitin kachare @nitheesh@mehtasameer2087 @Narayanan.R @steve@matteo.m @prasanna surya @prateek kumar@Prateek Kejriwal @singhnsk
  • Again I already use open camera and use the exposure control settings and have no issue on my 7.1
    on the front camera the exposure is usually taken from the centre of the frame, being as there is no auto focus to confuse, I just tap the screen to a mid tone area to adjust the exposure, even an expensive camera won't always get a perfect shot if you don't learn it's quirks and ways around things and only ever shoot in auto.
    Auto capture will never be perfect for every user and I rarely shoot in auto
  • Your front and back photos will look different, 1 they are using a different size sensor (I think)
    and 2 they are using different f-stops with different photo site sizes, and last of all you can see you've taken the shots a slightly different angles, meaning the camera will be reading the same image differently any way....no matter what camera, if you took 2 shots standing exactly the same location but on the 2nd shot you changed the angle even slightly, then it would be reading from a different point....I mean if you shoot auto only and expect the camera to know exactly what you want, the only way to get the shot you want is to use the manual settings regardless of how limited they are and use the exposure compensation settings.

Plus Adobe Lightroom and Open Camera allow for raw capture and better highlight control, along with finer noise reduction control
  • Whoever disagreed with my comment , please elaborate on why you disagree as it makes the conversation far easier to understand and continue.

• A camera on fully auto will nearly always have preference to keeping either the closest or most central subject exposed correctly even at the cost of background detail.

A fully auto setting will never fully know what the user wants to capture , it can only really use predefined defaults for certain things , even ai isn't that smart right now.
  • The thing is, Steve, while all phones take selfies with background detail, 8.1 isnt.... what u explained is understood by us. But what we are saying here isn't understood by u, sir. 
  • @geeta hey! Are you on the same track as we are? 8.1?
  • madbilly madbilly
    **  / 
    @nimisha gupta I can only see one example where you've compared photos from the front and rear camera. You can't be complaining based on only one example? Please post more examples.
    **  /  edited January 8
    @madbilly Nokia 8.1 has problem like she said in certain situations like if nothing is closer in selfie i.e.object,wall,etc then it will do overexposed most of time when human subject is there and if there is no human subject then it takes proper image.If we take selfie in open ground then it will show you overexposed results.Do have any idea about Nokia X7 i.e.Nokia Camera Version i.e.Is it same as on our Nokia 8.1 or different.
  • madbilly madbilly
    **  / 
    @nitin kachare no unfortunately I don't know for certain if the X7 camera app is the same as the 8.1 camera app. I imagine there are some differences as the 8.1 camera app (I think, it's its like the 8) is linked with Google Photos and allows live streaming to Youtube, which wouldn't work in China.

However, I'm certain that the hardware is the same.
  • @HMD_Laura @megan please tell when this issue will rectify? When will #nokia 8.1 camera get fixed? Almost on the way to lose trust from Nokia. 
  • @HMD_Laura @megan please tell when the camera issue will be resolved? 
  • @HMD_Laura @megan please tell when the camera issue will be resolved? 
    we have to wait until this month security patch.
  • madbilly madbilly
    **  / 
    @nitin kachare I don't think it can be fixed with a security patch, it will need an update of the camera app or driver level OS update.
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    **  /  edited January 15
    @madbilly don't tell that please already frustrated with camera issues and now that guy Alexandra Mac flagged my  all post. They don't even provide update till now. If it is true what you said the I don't know when they will fix this. 
  • madbilly madbilly
    **  / 
    @nimisha gupta I don't know for certain, I'm just saying that based on what I've seen fixed in previous security updates. Your problem could be easier to fix.
  • It could be only if they provide update 😑
    **  /  edited January 18
    madbilly said:
    @nitin kachare I don't think it can be fixed with a security patch, it will need an update of the camera app or driver level OS update.
    I did some research on Nokia 8.1 Front Camera Sensor i.e.Its same sensor which is used on Pocophone F1 and Redmi Note 6 Pro and Both does Background Expose while taking image but after click on shutter it keeps background details.Similarly In Their Camera have options like contrast,sharpness,saturation,etc to set normal,high,low and when i set this sharpness level as high then got similar kind of image which we get on Nokia 8.1 right now.
  • madbilly said:
    I did some research on Nokia 8.1 Front Camera Sensor i.e.Its same sensor which is used on Pocophone F1 and Redmi Note 6 Pro and Both does Background Expose while taking image but after click on shutter it keeps background details.Similarly In Their Camera have options like contrast,sharpness,saturation,etc to set normal,high,low and when i set this sharpness level as high then got similar kind of image which we get on Nokia 8.1 right now.
    Now it's high time when we will get update?😣