JerryRigEverything - Smartphone Durability, and Repairability Awards

Hi everyone, Matteo from HMD Global here! I am sharing some exciting news.

JerryRigEverything - Smartphone Durability, and Repairability Awards

matteo.m matteo.m
Staff member  /  edited January 22

Hi everyone,

Matteo from HMD Global here!

I am sharing some exciting news.

Last week, YouTuber JerryRigEverything uploaded a video where he discussed his 2018 Smartphone Durability, and Repairability Awards.

Staying true to our motto that our smartphones are phones you can truly rely on, we were awarded the following prizes:

Most Repairable phone of 2018: The Nokia 7 Plus and Nokia 6.1

Most durable Budget phone:
Nokia 7 Plus -  You can see the video here: https://youtu.be/0IoEuuyciVs

Have your own video review? Then share it below!

best,

Matteo

Comments

• Wtf, JerryRigEverything, why that is important? My phone is not measuring tape or similar construction tools! I look to protect my phone drop not for scratching with diamonds, stabbing, burning. Maybe that will be first thing if I work like knight. 😂😂😂
  • Great news,
    I know Nokia will give us a fine premium and durable and the most repairable devices.
    Thank you NOKIA......
    Now I will feel proud to have a Nokia smartphone.....
  • I love my nokiN 6 

• wyk wyk
    **  / 
    Nokia 7 Plus ❤️.   ...  congo HMD 🎉
  • Congrats

• Proud owner of Nokia 7 plus! I already know it's very strong phone as it's the first phone I am using without case without any tension. No scratches or anything. This beast is also beautiful
  • Well it will be interesting to see which Nokia phones make it to the list this year on JerryRigEverything most durable phone award. But, Congratulation to HMD on this. And, hopefully Nokia gets crowned by this award every year because that's what Nokia stands for i.e Durability.  😀
    For this, Nokia Mobile will have to make at least one full metal phone just like the 6.1 or 7plus to make it to the durability awards. Glass sandwich phones aren't eligible for JerryRigEverything's durability awards. 
  • Good hardware and well built so I can use this Nokia 7 plus for hammering. After Android Pie update its just too buggy. 
  • madbilly madbilly
    **  / 
    @Kartik Gada you're right. I think the upcoming Nokia 9 looks like it will have a metal back and I imagine that the new 1, 2 and 3 will too.
  • madbilly said:
    @Kartik Gada you're right. I think the upcoming Nokia 9 looks like it will have a metal back and I imagine that the new 1, 2 and 3 will too.
    I would be happy if that's true. They need to make their devices both easy while holding and stunning at the same time unlike Sirocco where there was so much focus on making the device premium and unique that they forgot the usability. I remember Mr. Juho explaining about this at the meeting but I still like to rant about it. 🤣
  • pikachu said:
    Proud owner of Nokia 7 plus! I already know it's very strong phone as it's the first phone I am using without case without any tension. No scratches or anything. This beast is also beautiful
    My nokiN 7 plus dropped not even from 1feet, but the display got damaged. Don't believe their ads. They maybe scratch resistant but not unbreakable.
  • yes, we shall see how designs will come about this year for nokia and how strong built the devices will be... We just need to take a sip of coffee and watch ! :D
  • madbilly madbilly
    **  / 
    @Pritish Kumar Pradhan ouch! That's very disappointing. Did you manage to get it repaired? According to JerryRigEverything it should be easy as it won the repairability award!

Maybe you just got unlucky and it landed on something very pointy, this kind of focused force could break the glass.
  • Congratulations to Nokia and HMD team, using Nokia 6.1 built like a solid tank. Thanks Nokia.
  • Rahul Nath Tanwer Rahul Nath Tanwer
     /  edited January 11
    But what you are doing for Nokia 6.1, it's camera still not improved. By the way congrats to Nokia Community and Staff members
  • manna manna
    **  / 
    I have Nokia 7 plus which is represent Nokia's old feeling....most durable..most beautiful handset ...we are waiting for more from Nokia....
  • madbilly said:
    So, you feel that Nokia 9 PureView has a back like the Nokia 8 (polished versions) or the Nokia 6 Arte Black Edition (this  <3 beauty never came out)? This would be nice. I would prefer glossy metal over the glass backs.  :) Yeah, successors of the budget devices like Nokia 3 might still come with metal back and Nokia 1 and 2 will still stay at polycarbonate Xpress On covers. :)
  • My Nokia 6.1+ and Nokia 5
  • Nokia 7 plus was an obvious choice for me when I purchased me a new phone 3 weeks ago . My first mobile phone , 25 years ago ,  was a Nokia phone . This is my first Nokia phone with an Android OS . One thing is sure .You can't find a phone in Scandinava who have been given top score by several teck journalistst, without paying twice as much for an Android phone .
    Engelstad , Norway
  • user1545327170002 user1545327170002
     /  edited January 14
    Hi,

I bought my Nokia 8.1 last month and now noticing that the glue around the edges of the screen is coming out. Anyone experienced the same issue?
    Not sure what to do ...
  • madbilly madbilly
    **  / 
    @Kartik Gada actually I'm not sure about the 9. It's difficult to tell from the "leaked" pics, and of course they're not necessarily correct anyway. I think I read that the 9 will have wireless charging which means that a metal back will be very difficult to implement, so it may be another glass sandwich :(
  • madbilly said:
    @Kartik Gada actually I'm not sure about the 9. It's difficult to tell from the "leaked" pics, and of course they're not necessarily correct anyway. I think I read that the 9 will have wireless charging which means that a metal back will be very difficult to implement, so it may be another glass sandwich :(
    Wireless charging with a metal back is impossible
  • Lawss Lawss
    **  / 
    I am still using my tank Nokia 6 2017
  • matteo.m said:

Hi everyone,

Matteo from HMD Global here!

I am sharing some exciting news.

Last week, YouTuber JerryRigEverything uploaded a video where he discussed his 2018 Smartphone Durability, and Repairability Awards.

Staying true to our motto that our smartphones are phones you can truly rely on, we were awarded the following prizes:

Most Repairable phone of 2018: The Nokia 7 Plus and Nokia 6.1

Most durable Budget phone:
    Nokia 7 Plus -  You can see the video here: https://youtu.be/0IoEuuyciVs

Have your own video review? Then share it below!

best,

Matteo
    No doubt HMD bulding up Best phones. But the lack of Gorilla Glass on Display screen screen . I am using 5.1 plus also my small bro. His phone display got break down due to hitting the ground only from 2 feet height.🙄
  • I own a Nokia 7+ 
    The screen broke and now I have to pay half it's original price to get it repaired.
    I don't think it's the most repairable phone.