Goodbye Nokia and HMD

I joined this forum being reluctant after being the 2nd highest ranked member in Mobile on the old NSD forum and 8th overall and that forum was a true community which had real moderators that helped out and answered questions and interacted with its some 800,000 members if i recall.

Goodbye Nokia and HMD

jimmyireland jimmyireland
✭✭✭  / 
I joined this forum being reluctant after being the 2nd highest ranked member in Mobile on the old NSD forum and 8th overall and that forum was a true community which had real moderators that helped out and answered questions and interacted with its some 800,000 members if i recall. I was given promises to join the previous version of this and they never happened and when Microsoft took over and ditched us into the MS forum the same feeling from all came through being dumped into oblivion and nowhere to be seen after years of help and support we could not be found on the site having the experience and real hands on knowledge of products just like I and other did with the old Nokia forum as seen HERE from my good friends 

From being a prolific fan follower and collector and documented by Nokia/MS and more I was the only one in Ireland that had been profiled and was a voice here and one that was heard and now I talk to an echo chamber where nobody helps and questions are left unanswered which is wrong and why I have not spent so much time here due to such and this has proven again to be a case ignored not only by moderators but Juho himself which I have tried to point out and he just ignored. All I see on his part is self praise and chosen words not taking in peoples views and other sides of the coin which is not a balanced approach in comparison to the old NSD  example HERE

It has been on my mind some time now and I have had enough of the arrogance and lies I have seen and lies to me personally and its time to say goodbye as I cant be involved with an echo chamber where people are left in the dark with no support  One big issue is one like THIS which I highlighted last year. There a few thousand views and many comments on this and nothing to help users with.
From my being a fan up till now and started collecting current devices from HMD which I love up to the 7 Plus my Journey began HERE and relight the candle HERE by my journey ends today. Can it change? Under the current guise and from what I have said NO. I would like to spend time here but it falls on deaf ears to those who are at the top.  

For those who want to try get a piece of history watch out on my twitter feed   I still love Nokia and its other business with 5G but for me this one is knocking on the same door as when Microsoft took over and never listened. 

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Shame to see you're leaving, you've listed so many reasons it seems like it's pointless to try and stop you. Good luck trying to find anyone with enough money to buy your entire Nokia phone collection, I hope you don't regret selling it.

I was never involved in the old Nokia Discussions forums, but what exactly is it that you think it missing? Is it just more engagement from paid technical staff at HMD?
  • PRIMAL TECH PRIMAL TECH
    ✭✭  / 
    I joined this forum being reluctant after being the 2nd highest ranked member in Mobile on the old NSD forum and 8th overall and that forum was a true community which had real moderators that helped out and answered questions and interacted with its some 800,000 members if i recall. I was given promises to join the previous version of this and they never happened and when Microsoft took over and ditched us into the MS forum the same feeling from all came through being dumped into oblivion and nowhere to be seen after years of help and support we could not be found on the site having the experience and real hands on knowledge of products just like I and other did with the old Nokia forum as seen HERE from my good friends 

From being a prolific fan follower and collector and documented by Nokia/MS and more I was the only one in Ireland that had been profiled and was a voice here and one that was heard and now I talk to an echo chamber where nobody helps and questions are left unanswered which is wrong and why I have not spent so much time here due to such and this has proven again to be a case ignored not only by moderators but Juho himself which I have tried to point out and he just ignored. All I see on his part is self praise and chosen words not taking in peoples views and other sides of the coin which is not a balanced approach in comparison to the old NSD  example HERE

It has been on my mind some time now and I have had enough of the arrogance and lies I have seen and lies to me personally and its time to say goodbye as I cant be involved with an echo chamber where people are left in the dark with no support  One big issue is one like THIS which I highlighted last year. There a few thousand views and many comments on this and nothing to help users with.
    From my being a fan up till now and started collecting current devices from HMD which I love up to the 7 Plus my Journey began HERE and relight the candle HERE by my journey ends today. Can it change? Under the current guise and from what I have said NO. I would like to spend time here but it falls on deaf ears to those who are at the top.  

For those who want to try get a piece of history watch out on my twitter feed   I still love Nokia and its other business with 5G but for me this one is knocking on the same door as when Microsoft took over and never listened. 

What do you meant to say in the last para
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    @jimmyireland Thanks for explaining, I think you've hit a few home truths there which I hope the community team pick up on and feed up to higher management.

Since you've got lots of experience in the mobile industry, how have things changed as to how trends form, where influences come from and how brands rise and fall? We're even starting to see cracks in armour of Apple now and the rise of the "Shenzhen-generic" phone (to coin a Register phrase (or is in Inquirer?)) doesn't seem to be stopping - specs seem to be king, not quality or service. Do you think that a brand engaging with its community will actually help it survive and prosper in the current market?
  • jimmyireland jimmyireland
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Indeed Apple has hit its peak and now begins to collapse and to blame China etc etc is just a smokescreen to reality . High prices  expensive repairs  items left of out box phones lasting longer are just some and doesn't suit their upgrade cylce  A victim of their own success yet being ignorant to the truth  
    Hopefully Nokia Mobile wake up but then I seen Juho yet again this morning showing just how arrogant he is 
    ✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    @jimmyireland Thanks for explaining, I think you've hit a few home truths there which I hope the community team pick up on and feed up to higher management.

Since you've got lots of experience in the mobile industry, how have things changed as to how trends form, where influences come from and how brands rise and fall? We're even starting to see cracks in armour of Apple now and the rise of the "Shenzhen-generic" phone (to coin a Register phrase (or is in Inquirer?)) doesn't seem to be stopping - specs seem to be king, not quality or service. Do you think that a brand engaging with its community will actually help it survive and prosper in the current market?
    They need a new marketing team full stop  Current PR in many regions are usekss and getting vast amounts of money to do nothing..Even here at home anything Nokia directed back to my site for product announcements network launches etc  The networks don't even advertise new releases but focus on Samsung and Apple who have their hands in their pockets..
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @jimmyireland Hi!

I can't even get close to what you were before on old Nokia Forums and ofcourse cannot be  a Nokia fan like yourself. As an active user in current forums, I strongly emphatise your feelings. 
    I wish you good luck on your new path.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    naufrago said:
    @jimmyireland Hi!

I can't even get close to what you were before on old Nokia Forums and ofcourse cannot be  a Nokia fan like yourself. As an active user in current forums, I strongly emphatise your feelings. 
    Thank you but things can change if people listen 
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    naufrago said:
    @jimmyireland Hi!

It's HMD to lose if you leave Nokia for good.
    There are zillion alternative Android devices out there. If HMD is not only targeting markets in developing countries, they better listen to valued members of community like you. 
    ✭✭✭  / 
    naufrago said:
    naufrago said:
    @jimmyireland Hi!

It's HMD to lose if you leave Nokia for good.
    There are zillion alternative Android devices out there. If HMD is not only targeting markets in developing countries, they better listen to valued members of community like you. 
    Thanks well I hope they do because its in their own interest and a brand I've supported for many years. 
  • fantalime fantalime
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi Jimmy,
    I remember you from the old forum and appreciate the dedication you have for the brand and helping fellow enthusiasts. I agree this new incarnation of the forum could be better supported and i believe it eventually will but at the moment the resources are not there. The head count is in the hundreds not the hundreds of thousands that Nokia once had. Sorry to see you go but please pop back from time to time to see the progress.
    Fantalime
    PS. Always loved your collection, I would hold on to them just for nostalgia value.
    ✭✭✭  / 

HMD Global is a business, not a cult. All fanboys seem to feel aggrieved when they realize that companies don't personally care about them or their opinions. Shocker! HMD have an obligation to their shareholders to maximize profits. If you don't like their products, choose another manufacturer to idolize.

Sanctimoniously announcing your exit with a diatribe of dubious claims and vacuous drivel while plugging your Twitter is pretty much the lamest thing you could've done.

:D 
    When you've put as much time, effort  hours and promote the company as I did come back to me..Didnt have to plug anyting people know who I am as is.Im a fan of other brands but was loyal..What can you say you've done over the year's then.. I dont idolize any brand either and I'm not only known in the Nokia circles either..Your comment is rather childish and thank god I've not to put up with the likes of you..
  • Themightym Themightym
    ✭✭  / 
    We are all aware that HMD is run by profit, but their story of getting that profit is a bit different then the others out there. HMD also believes in the emotion that is incorporated in the Nokia branded phones and firmly declares that is cares about that feeling and all the people that are emitting it. This emotion is what brought the phones back to the market (OK, plus the investors that saw the opportunity to double the investment). But, what Jimmy wants to say that maybe HMD should care more for those old fans that can contribute to the spread of Nokia at the market. I support Jim and what he is/was doing for the brand and also understand why he feels disappointed by the way marketing might be working in some markets. I personally believe that smart govern of the fans could help the brand spread even more. Nokia D&S did the job nicely even though there were things that could have been changed (local PR agencies without direct Nokia employee governance were doing a poor job). 

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Themightym great to see you here! There's no doubt that HMD can do more, but expecting them to do as much as old Nokia did with a vastly reduced budget is not realistic. Maybe they can be smarter in some markets, but Europe is so fragmented compared to others like India that it must be difficult for HMD.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    @Themightym great to see you here! There's no doubt that HMD can do more, but expecting them to do as much as old Nokia did with a vastly reduced budget is not realistic. Maybe they can be smarter in some markets, but Europe is so fragmented compared to others like India that it must be difficult for HMD.
    Nothing will change here it is so obvious and its not hard to run a forum or a community with some people behind it this place will just get worse not better, Nobody care or listens.