✭✭✭  / 
Do i need to say more? ⬇️

Comments

• dray78 dray78
    ✭✭✭  / 
    They only answer positive messages. 
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 7
    Praising messages. That's all they base their existence on today. I for myself cannot understand how they are still in business. I cannot even express in words the surprising fact that they are still players in the industry.
    I've had much better support from Prestigio, some years ago, when I've replaced a tablet for a few times due to various faults. No questions asked, prompt replacement and every time I was presented apologies and the option for a refund, even though they were even smaller than what HMD is today.
    These... creatures (from HMD) are actively stretching the silverline to inhumanity.

Edit: just did a quick check, Prestigio is still in business apparently. I won't compare them with HMD devices, they seem to focus on lower end segment, but I'm still very fond of their PDF and ebook reader, one of the most user friendly I've experienced. So yes, they also do software and they manage to do it at least well.
  • Dheeraj Dheeraj
    ✭✭✭  / 
    dray78 said:
    Do i need to say more? ⬇️

Beta versions are expected to come with bugs. You shouldve waited for final release if you wanted problem free software.
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    But they released that beta as "stable". They themselves chose to be represented by that beta in software quality.

• nosferatu nosferatu
    ✭✭  / 
    What mistakes and problems are we talking about? I have a stable pie, everything works well and fast.
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭  / 
    - Compass not working
    - Fingerprints erased after "low battery" shutdown
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Agree to most of the above problems, except for the battery drain, it seems to have somewhat stabilised. I don't have any "social" media apps installed.

I'd add the useless state of the digital compass, it's worrisome (at least for me).

Also stressing the absence of the long overdue and promised proper camera app. That's disgusting.
  • nosferatu nosferatu
    ✭✭  / 
    Fingerprints are not erased! When the battery is low or the device is turned off. And about the compass, I do not even know where it is located to download it? And yes, what is the practical use of a compass?)

• nosferatu nosferatu
    ✭✭  / 
    Battery holds well. Perhaps even longer than Oreo.
  • nosferatu nosferatu
    ✭✭  / 
    voice assistant, fix with patches.
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 8
    Please elaborate on the fixes using "patches". What patches? Is it our duty to patch the defective software, perhaps even risking to brick the devices and/or voiding the warranty?

The digital compass may be the only navigation tool available in some circumstances, where lives are at stake. Although not very likely, it could happen. Anyway, it's a problem that needs to be fixed. Regarding your question "which compass", there are lots of compass apps on the Play store, but the thing is that this pie build seems to have a very buggy interpretation of the magnetic bearing sensor.
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭  / 
    nosferatu said:
    Fingerprints are not erased! When the battery is low or the device is turned off. And about the compass, I do not even know where it is located to download it? And yes, what is the practical use of a compass?)

You should have read my post: fingerprints are erased after automatic shutdown due to low battery - happened to me twice!

A compass is used to show you the north direction (you don't have to download it - Google Maps can show it e.g.) which is kind of practical for orientation outdoors or Geocaching ...
  • nosferatu nosferatu
    ✭✭  / 
    martin.fd said:
    nosferatu said:

You should have read my post: fingerprints are erased after automatic shutdown due to low battery - happened to me twice!

A compass is used to show you the north direction (you don't have to download it - Google Maps can show it e.g.) which is kind of practical for orientation outdoors or Geocaching ...
    I repeat again! My phone periodically discharges to zero, and this does not affect fingerprints.

• user1508928527225 user1508928527225
    ✭✭✭  / 
    martin.fd said:
    nosferatu said:

The compass is also used by applications such as PhotoPills for the alignment of the augmented reality view. After the update that part of the application is quite broken for estimating what's a good location for, say, photographing a sunset or Milky way over some nice mountain or a landmark in X days, as everything is off by 180 degrees.
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭  / 
    nosferatu said:
    I repeat again! My phone periodically discharges to zero, and this does not affect fingerprints.
    Then you are lucky: https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/33474/how-to-fix-missing-fingerprint-sensor-after-pie-update#latest
  • DroidTR DroidTR
     / 
    martin.fd said:
    nosferatu said:
    Then you are lucky: https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/33474/how-to-fix-missing-fingerprint-sensor-after-pie-update#latest
    I have the same issue.. when the battery discharges to zero, on the next boot my fingerprint information is lost.. I have to re-enter them again (if I am lucky..) because sometimes it does not accept the fingerprints which was saved earlier (and still lost..)
  • Jivko Antonov Jivko Antonov
    ✭✭✭  / 
    With Oreo and Pie beta, I never had any problem with the sensor. It works perfectly. I have 2 friends with this Nokia and they also don't have any problem.
  • marsic marsic
    I agree for Oreo, didn't test the compass reading on pie during the beta labs but i tried it these days after multiple reports of it being broken and sure enough, it is defective (I'm currently on the "stable" pie).

Also, just in case HMD accidentally forgot, there's no sign of the promised proper camera app! May some specific specimens live in perpetually unfulfilled expectations as I have.
  • Shaunak Shaunak
    ✭✭  / 
    I see articles stating Android pie rolled out on Nokia 8 back 19th Dec '18 but i still didn't recieve any update on my Device in India 
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Now it's CES in the US and next month MWC in the Barcelona.  ;)
  • Jivko Antonov Jivko Antonov
    ✭✭✭  / 
    marsic said:
    I can't wait, I'm sure @juho will finally release the camer... Ah forget it, I can't even sarcasm right now... FJS
    Hmmm... Go and write in Twitter what you think. Let's a big media like Gsmarena to know what is actually happening with their old flagships.
    I will also write to Gsmarena, because they are Bulgarians, I'm also, and if we don't receive a proper camera app and Pie until the end of this month, I will write them everything about the lies of HMD.
  • marsic marsic
    I lost it when I saw the reply in your second screenshot, the gif is so spot-on in that context (do play it after you read the comment, it's awesome)

PS: I'll throw my pride away and resell my soul to Twitter for the sole purpose of sharing the fugly truth.
  • It was my BIG mistake to buy Nokia 8 phone. Wanted to give a try and bought to see if Nokia has improved, NO,NO, NO, " Bad Habits Die Hard". Nokia/HMD is taking over 6 months after the official launch of Android Pie,  we are in Jan-19,  Feel i have wasted my Faith and Trust in Nokia. Done,  Enough is Enough, Guys You are loosing one Loyal customer, remember count for a Billion Billions starts with "1" and this is my first step, will not try or buy Nokia phones, am changing to New/other Brand which will keep the brand promise in India. Wishing HMD/Nokia "No Luck" at all, be doomed yet once again......
  • RaveXII RaveXII
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 11
    I made 10 friends and family members to buy Nokia phone saying they had excellent software and hardware ,but they have disappointed me again and again with fake promises and last week when my friend asked my between Nokia 7.1 or Huawei Honor play I told him to go for Play.I too will Go for Huawei or Samsung next instead of Nokia 9 or whatever ,atleast they don't make fake promises
Prev1