Nokia 8 speakers

,,,speakers have failed completely, i really only use it for calls etc. Worst part is i brought phone back from HK and no wty.

Nokia 8 speakers

redskua redskua
✭✭✭  / 
,,,speakers have failed completely, i really only use it for calls etc. Worst part is i brought phone back from HK and no wty. To make it even more worse, there are no spare speakers in the country...none anywhere, this piece of junk is now an overpriced paper weight. The tech shop said he is starting to see a few of these speaker failures on the N8 now. I will try and source overseas parts and unload this disaster then i can get back to a real phone like a Sony or LG

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Have you tried accessing the online repair request tool? Nokia.ebuilder.com
  • redskua redskua
    ✭✭✭  / 
    ....thanks 4 tip Billy
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @redskua please let me know if it works, it could be helpful for others too.
  • redskua redskua
    ✭✭✭  / 
     roger that....
  • redskua redskua
    ✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    @redskua please let me know if it works, it could be helpful for others too.
    bad news Billy, service only available in Euro and Russia, i am in Australia, back to plan A
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Ah, that's annoying. And your warranty can definitely only be honoured in HK? Have you contacted support directly about it? https://www.nokia.com/phones/locale/support

• I had the same problem in the UK, sent for repair but Carphone warehouse could not repair and I had to change phone.
  • redskua redskua
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I had the same problem in the UK, sent for repair but Carphone warehouse could not repair and I had to change phone.
    yup...same here no parts for it in Australia, trying to find parts overseas and  sell it. I am so over this damn thing and the company that "supports" it
  • ignas ignas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I'm able to find speaker assemblies on Aliexpress for not a lot of money. Maybe the knockoffs you'll get from there will be higher quality than what HMD makes :D 
  • redskua redskua
    ✭✭✭  / 
    thanks Billy, am onto something out of Hong Kong Thanks for yr effort buddy, truly appreciate. Sorry somehow i missed yr post
  • redskua redskua
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Nokia 8 being dumped in US thru Woot and Buyspry for $200 inc postage. There is a big message in this for all of us, and that is ,,this is as good as it gets. Expect not a lot from here on in. The article is in Phonearena. If i read article correctly they will post anywhere, this will be an international model, blue or grey. Got a spare $200US, jump in, see what all the fuss is about