suddenly my Nokia 8 screen went off

Navigation light is visible and i can hear the lock and unlock sounds but display is not turning on , i dont know what happend ?

suddenly my Nokia 8 screen went off

Navigation light is visible and i can hear the lock and unlock sounds but display is not turning on , i dont know what happend ?

Comments

• naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @imchandu03
    Have you simply tried a soft reset?
  • It is not even turing on, the display is dead , i cant even see black shade on display at dark room,
  • And i dont know how to soft reset without looking at display!!
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 8
    For soft reset I think you should press the Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously until you feel a vibration (since you cannot tell when the screen turns off).

Out of curiosity, have you received some update? Like those miserable anti-features that brick or slow phones and all
  • I tries soft reset and phone get restarted but still same, i didn't get any update, device was normal i was using it and i just locked the device for a minute and when i tried to unlock it navigation keys turned on but not the display, it is completely dead, i cant even see the lcd lights from edges of the screen
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Well that sounds like you need to send it for servicing. Do you still have your warranty?

May your deities have mercy, assuming you're from India it doesn't look promising from what I could gather from Indian customers.
  • Yes it is still under warranty
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I would suggest to go to recovery menu if you had any lcd lights from edges, but it seems a defective lcd as @marsic says. Wish you good luck with servicing.
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @imchandu03 just remember to remove your SD card, if you have one. Too bad you cannot do a factory reset, the guys at the service shop may access your mail and all your accounts and data...
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 8
    marsic said:
    @imchandu03 just remember to remove your SD card, if you have one. Too bad you cannot do a factory reset, the guys at the service shop may access your mail and all your accounts and data...
    Actually he can reset device remotely. It will be wiped as soon as turned on in service center. You can use below link:
    https://www.google.com/android/find
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Another way is to use wipe data command in adb shell. (But, I don't think usb debugging mode is already enabled  in developer options in this case)
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @naufrago but doesn't he have to have the administrator thing enabled, for remote wipe?
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    marsic said:
    @naufrago but doesn't he have to have the administrator thing enabled, for remote wipe?
    Nope, he only needs password for google account used to set up the phone. I can't exactly recall, but maybe a few more security questions, etc.
  • Jivko Antonov Jivko Antonov
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I had the same problem with my Galaxy Tab 2 weeks ago. There is sound and it actually works, but the screen is completely dark. It's just off. The problem was the chip on the motherboard that controls the display. They just replaced the chip and it works now.
  • Thank you so much guys, i have a screen lock enabled , i will try to do factory reset, thanks for suggestions
  • Today I visited Nokia care, and they repaired the device in 30mins as they said the cable which was connected to display was disconnected so there was no display function, and I got my 8 back
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    That's a surprising twist, awesome! Most people that sent their phones to servicing reported having to wait weeks and even multiple months!
  • Yeah true but here in my place they are good actually 3months back i was facing with screen burn issue which is unsolved after screen replacement and then they replaced mother board still it was unsolved so they gave a new Nokia 8 3month back and now that device was having this issue, but today its solved
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Yeah true but here in my place they are good actually 3months back i was facing with screen burn issue which is unsolved after screen replacement and then they replaced mother board still it was unsolved so they gave a new Nokia 8 3month back and now that device was having this issue, but today its solved

Wow, where is that good service available?
  • petrus said:
    Yeah true but here in my place they are good actually 3months back i was facing with screen burn issue which is unsolved after screen replacement and then they replaced mother board still it was unsolved so they gave a new Nokia 8 3month back and now that device was having this issue, but today its solved

India, here in Bangalore
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    petrus said:

India, here in Bangalore
    I envy you. In Europe, it is very bad.
  • LEUNG1107 LEUNG1107
     /  edited February 21
    Hi, I think I had a same problem few day ago, i also sent it to center to repair it, but they charged me HKD 200 because of out of warranty and they just said it was a software problem, and i asked them if that problem happen again, how can I solve it by myself, they said no way ...just send it to center...then charge HKD 200 again.......good service?