Shame on Nokia for the buggy android pie on Nokia8!!! DON'T INSTALL THE UPDATE IS FULL OF BUGS!!

It is pitty that the QA of Nokia decided to let the buggy of Android pie release. I hope the devs to fix the bugs as soon as possible.

Shame on Nokia for the buggy android pie on Nokia8!!! DON'T INSTALL THE UPDATE IS FULL OF BUGS!!

user1526470024443 user1526470024443
✭✭✭  /  edited January 9
It is pitty that the QA of Nokia decided to let the buggy of Android pie release. I hope the devs to fix the bugs as soon as possible. Camera compass (which affects maps) battery and others are essential for every user. It is a shame to release a buggy version. It could be dangerous for some people. I really hope they fix the as soon as possible. DONT INSTALL ANDROID PIE UPDATE ALL NOKIA 8 USERS!! PUSH THE NOKIA TO FIX IT AND GIVE WHAT THEY PROMISED AN EXCELLENT CAMERA APP AND A LESS BUGGY PIE!!

Comments

• terminusaquo terminusaquo
    ✭✭✭  / 
    s.i.k said:
    I got the update today here in Norway and have non of the problems you describe. Camera, compass, bluetooth and everything else works perfekt here as for now. Every update I have got from Nokia have been without problems. 
    Well if you love being an unofficial beta tester, yes the final release is literally the beta without the feedback app, then good on you but the rest of us really don't what this buggy POS version being pushed on us!!!
  • s.i.k s.i.k
    ✭✭  / 
    Map works as it should here. You have to turn ON wifi and mobile data to get the phone to get a faster GPS fix, if you turn it off the phone have to download the almanac from the satellites and this can take some time. I have the screensize at next to minimum and have no issue with camera UI. As for battery,  Nokia have not implemented the features on this phone as for now. My battery last for nearly 2 days with OST for over 7 hours. I am very happy with that. But, I see you have problems with your phone, sorry for that, I am apparently very lucky with mine.
  • terminusaquo terminusaquo
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 10
    s.i.k said:
    Map works as it should here. You have to turn ON wifi and mobile data to get the phone to get a faster GPS fix, if you turn it off the phone have to download the almanac from the satellites and this can take some time. I have the screensize at next to minimum and have no issue with camera UI. As for battery,  Nokia have not implemented the features on this phone as for now. My battery last for nearly 2 days with OST for over 7 hours. I am very happy with that. But, I see you have problems with your phone, sorry for that, I am apparently very lucky with mine.
    Yet those bugs are present for every user of the phone, set your display settings to the minimum possible and you'll see exactly what we're talking about. While you're at it have a look for Adaptive Battery in settings, that's right it's not there as they couldn't be bothered to add it during the beta test. They were too lazy to properly beta test it and just put it out as it was "stable" and yet still has more bugs than a bait store!!!!
  • s.i.k s.i.k
    ✭✭  / 
    Well, we have to wait for Android Q then, where is it?!? Nokia come on!!! LOL...! 😉
  • nosferatu nosferatu
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes, I agree the compass works great! Android pie is beautiful.
  • pardeep pardeep
    ✭✭  / 
    Is there OTP issue now as discussed in other threads?
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 10
    Shouldn't we add the issue of notification bar being cut to a maximum of 3 icons, as if it had a notch? The only setting i could find (it's in the developer options) should already eliminate the notch cutout, but on my phone the pie still behaves as if it had one!
  • user1508928527225 user1508928527225
    ✭✭✭  / 
    s.i.k said:
    Regarding compass issue, it's not related to the actual GPS / location functionality; that seems to work just as well as ever. Rather, it's related to detecting the user's orientation, which in case of Maps is shown as the blue 'beam' emerging from the location dot. The most common complaint about this on Pie appears to be that it's 180 degrees off, so if you're facing north, the device will show you as facing south. Recalibrating the compass does not appear to help.

Now, admittedly in case of Google Maps it's not that big deal for most of us, including me. However, as an example this will more or less break many applications that use augmented reality view such as PhotoPills that is fairly popular with landscape or astrophotography people.
  • user389 user389
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 10
    [ . . . ]
    Rather, it's related to detecting the user's orientation, which in case of Maps is shown as the blue 'beam' emerging from the location dot.
    [ . . . ]
    Works correctly for me, in Denmark, with Pie.
    The Google Maps app was also updated today, if that matters?
    --
    Hans
  • user1526470024443 user1526470024443
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @user389 it is not problem in maps it is the compass that has problem after the update of Android pie 
    ✭✭✭  / 
    user389 said:
    [ . . . ]
    Rather, it's related to detecting the user's orientation, which in case of Maps is shown as the blue 'beam' emerging from the location dot.
    [ . . . ]
    Works correctly for me, in Denmark, with Pie.
    The Google Maps app was also updated today, if that matters?
    --
    Hans
    In my case Google Maps was updated last time 19th of December. However, I'm also seeing this in at least in PhotoPills (I don't think I have used other applications that use compass functionality recently), so it looks like an OS-level issue.

It seems to be fairly common based on a separate thread about it, but I know that some people have also reported not seeing it. There was a query about the device model name, but both TA-1004 and TA-1012 seemed to have affected users, so I don't think anyone outside HMD knows what determines whether a given device is affected or not.
  • RaveXII RaveXII
    ✭✭✭  / 
    When will my Nokia get the complete Android 9
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @RaveXII i wish soon. But it is only wish i don't really believe they care for Nokia 8.They abandon the phone with this crap release.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The most frustrating thing is that Mr Sarvicas is keep telling lies about the great work they do to "serve pie"!ok I think enough is enough!
  • user389 user389
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Nokia's marketing has historically always been out of sync with reality.
    If you've got other issues than the compass error, I suggest factory reset the phone, format the SD memory card (if any), start fresh without restoring a system backup, and let the phone update all built-in apps, before adding your usual third-party apps one by one.
    --
    Hans
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I will try to keep this discussion up so every user who search in Google for Nokia 8 update pie to see it and think twice if should update the phone.i don't hope that anyone in Nokia will see that post or anyone will care for camera app or bug fixing of pie update.believe it or not guys they make the funeral of this phone.STAY AWAY OF NOKIA STAY AWAY OF LIARS STAY AWAY FROM A COMPANY WHO DOESN'T RESPECT ITS OWN PRODUCT OR CUSTOMERS!
  • Fahad Vaheed Fahad Vaheed
    ✭✭  / 
    s.i.k said:

My battery barely lasts a day

• ignas ignas
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Is VR content affected by the compass bug? Will it start showing everything turned by 180 degrees?
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @ignas probably the bug with the compass could affect and enough apps such as then using vr.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    ignas said:
    Is VR content affected by the compass bug? Will it start showing everything turned by 180 degrees?
    It probably will depend on how exactly a given VR application uses compass and other sensors. Just tried the AR view in PhotoPills, in it the mismatch was not 180 degrees, but rather seemed to be quite similar that user389 described above for some Compass application.
  • Mojtaba97 Mojtaba97
    ✭✭  / 
    I can't even preview my photos in google photos buggy app always show me black screen now what ? They forced us to use android pie but no easy way to downgrade . They always talk about there is no way to downgrade because they just want to force us to use the buggy OS . Nokia I don't need updates i just need stable phone that i ppay for . To use it as a small camera and preview my photos right after i shot . Please ask google update photos app or let use choose what gallery nokia camera can use why force us to use this stupid apps ? They are full of bug it's take 10 minute or more for google photos to add new photo i just shot why ???
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @Mojtaba97 try clear cache from google photos, i am so frustrated as you for this buggy release of android pie. It is tragic the situation every day new reports of problems. try to clear cache just in case it solve the problem. To go back in oreo is reallyt tricky after the update. Hope NOKIA to hear all of us and to fix the bugs!!!!
  • Mojtaba97 Mojtaba97
    ✭✭  / 
    @Mojtaba97 try clear cache from google photos, i am so frustrated as you for this buggy release of android pie. It is tragic the situation every day new reports of problems. try to clear cache just in case it solve the problem. To go back in oreo is reallyt tricky after the update. Hope NOKIA to hear all of us and to fix the bugs!!!!
    I did everything you could even imagine . Use recovery menu for reset factory and wipe data remove sd card from my phone ... Anything you could even imagine but 100% its google photos app bugg or the nokia 7 plus bug . But they don't care i just bought a phone to use it for photography mostly and now look it's wont even have stable gallery !!!! Can you believe that ??????
  • MediKron MediKron
    ✭✭  / 
    Yet those bugs are present for every user of the phone, set your display settings to the minimum possible and you'll see exactly what we're talking about. While you're at it have a look for Adaptive Battery in settings, that's right it's not there as they couldn't be bothered to add it during the beta test. They were too lazy to properly beta test it and just put it out as it was "stable" and yet still has more bugs than a bait store!!!!
    Nokia has stated it numerous times already, that the Adaptive Battery is not yet part of Pie for Nokia 8, because that's only for Android One devices, which ours is not. They also said, that they will nonetheless implement it later, around February.

I'd like to ask you though, when did you update to Pie? Because s.i.k. said he got it yesterday and it works for him. Maybe there's a new, good release?