Nokia 8 Sirocco Pie OTA file - For manual update - Page 2

(Quote) 

Nokia 8 Sirocco Pie OTA file - For manual update

Comments

• Carlo Kastermans Carlo Kastermans
     /  edited January 2019

• singhnsk said:
    Imy said:
    I've just done this for my sirocco, UK, unlocked, with an O2 simcard, took about 20mins from starting the update to rebooting back in. The Nokia logo stayed on screen for aaaggeesss but eventually went through BUT can't disable the stupid Google search bar at the bottom, what a joke! Don't want it don't need it it's just sat there taking up screen space, thanks to audioboxer for posting the file
    Everybody has this problem with Pie. The blame of this goes to Google which has forced this. Your only solution is to use a 3rd party launcher app. I use Nova launcher :)
    what they did in this pie about the google bar and the second one at the top was some tragedy .... in oreo it was beautifully nicely everything matched it's such a nice device as sirocco. now it looks unsightly. tragedy...
  • Oscar GT Oscar GT
    ✭✭  / 
    Oscar GT said:
    Mine, that is not rooted, (And i dont want to root it) says something like....
    "The normal update can not be guaranteed after the device is rooted. If root contributes to abnormal user on the device in update process, the user should be responsible for it onself"
    Aparently, it´s going to root it....

No, it's not. That's just a warning message/disclaimer IF you root the phone normal updates might not work. It's a standard message. Nothing to worry about. You're seeing that disclaimer and checkbox just because you're triggering the update manually off the sdcard, rather than from the OTA menu.

Again, this is an untouched OTA, it will not root your device (the device cannot be rooted without an unlocked bootloader) and OTAs will work as normal. January security update and so on.

It's the exact same file the system update will use once it's pushed to your region. No pressure for anyone to install it, just providing it because regional rollouts can take a bit of time for some.
    Thanks a lot for your info. I will try again as soon as I arrive home. And thanks for sharing!! 
  • Updated my Sirroco to Pie using zip file provided 😊 Thank you guys. Can I delete now the zip file from the root?
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 
    Updated my Sirroco to Pie using zip file provided 😊 Thank you guys. Can I delete now the zip file from the root?
    Yes, you can delete it now. It's purpose is complete :)
  • Which Is the Root folder?
  • Max Skliar Max Skliar
    ✭✭  / 
    https://mega.nz/#!fYUAgQJY!p6kO-B-IFwz0NhDv4ZlrDCQYKQGakH3fy9GbfG_kmDM

Place the file on your SD card and reboot phone. 

Enjoy :smile: No need to wait on OTA rollout for your region.
    Well, I've tried to wait my OTA, but nothing was there and chat support is useless. So I've did the manual update with your zip. Worked like a charm, and phone is not rooted. Thank you!
  • polar63 polar63
    ✭✭  / 
    Just refresh in Settings / System / Advanced / Systemupdate. So did I in The Netherlands B)
  • radu radu
    ✭✭  / 
    I can't find the "sdcard" folder on the internal memory of Sirocco (connected both to Windows and Mac) so I can install Pie. Where should I look for the folder? 
  • Audioboxer Audioboxer
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 2019
    radu said:
    I can't find the "sdcard" folder on the internal memory of Sirocco (connected both to Windows and Mac) so I can install Pie. Where should I look for the folder? 
    Sdcard just refers to the internal storage. Might be a bit confusing, but I don't mean an actual sdcard or folder called that. I think Android just calls it "sdcard" because its internal user storage, separate from where the phone keeps all the system files.

So put it on the root of the internal storage. Root meaning at the start, so not inside any folders. Copy paste the file directly onto your phone's internal storage, or if you download through your phone, copy it out of the download folder.
  • radu radu
    ✭✭  / 
    Worked like a charm!! Thank you @Audioboxer
  • Anyone getting the message "Can't install, file is corrupted" ? Tried from both drive and max. Same thing. Any suggestions ? I have kept the zip file in root folder btw
  • polar63 said:
    Just refresh in Settings / System / Advanced / Systemupdate. So did I in The Netherlands B)
    There is no "Advance" under "System". 
  • Hello everyone !, with the help of Todesurteil, I managed to install Pie on my Sirocco! I downloaded the zip file on my Mac, I connected the nokia to the Mac, and I transferred the file to the phone's memory. I restarted the device and I appeared the notification of the aggionamento, once finished I deleted from the download the file no longer needed. I have not had time yet to check that everything works, but I want to ask you one thing: Has the camera application been updated? thanks for collaboration.
  • "aggiornamento" = update
  • Before the update, the camera version was as follows: V100.0077.02 - V010.0010.05. After the update is this: V100.0082.01 - V010.0010.05. According to you, has something changed? Can someone explain to me what has improved? thank you
  • todesurteil todesurteil
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Akhs said:
    Before the update, the camera version was as follows: V100.0077.02 - V010.0010.05. After the update is this: V100.0082.01 - V010.0010.05. According to you, has something changed? Can someone explain to me what has improved? thank you
    @Akhs, not sure but read on the forum if I can remember correctly something about the pro-mode that's now in the new firmware. Not sure don't use the camera on my mobile devices a lot.
  • rennie allen rennie allen
    ✭✭  / 
    Got mine, thanks @Audioboxer!
  • schadfield schadfield
    ✭✭  / 
    Used the zip file here in Japan. Seems to have worked fine. It may have solved an annoying issue with my Bluetooth headset not playing audio every time it connects. It has worked every time since the update so maybe...

Many thanks to the original poster.
  • schadfield schadfield
    ✭✭  / 
    Oh - and the new stock launcher is as unimpressive as the old one. Sticking with Lawnchair V1.
  • alemar73 alemar73
    ✭✭  / 
    Installed Pie manually in my Sirocco (Italy), works flawlessly, no bugs till now.
    Many thanks @Audioboxer  B) 
  • todesurteil todesurteil
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Indeed many thanks @Audioboxer updated mine yesterday as well.

• Oscar GT Oscar GT
    ✭✭  / 
    Does anyone noted that with Pie the phone is sometimes a bit slower ?? Mine is, and i have Microsoft Launcher, the one i got with 8.1 too....
  • rennie allen rennie allen
    ✭✭  / 
    Oscar GT said:
    Does anyone noted that with Pie the phone is sometimes a bit slower ?? Mine is, and i have Microsoft Launcher, the one i got with 8.1 too....
    I have noticed that scrolling is not quite as buttery smooth as it was, but other than that I haven't noticed any difference in app loading times or app compute performance.
  • harman5553 harman5553
    ✭✭  / 
    Redmi Android one phones pie update already released in 2018 but Nokia shame on you.....i big mistake buy nokia 3.1 plus 
  • What if Nokia change the  contents of ota update, it will make this one not the correct version?
  • valyo_bg valyo_bg
    ✭✭  / 
    Probably will be out dated version and will have message for new update. Since manual updating to Pie I receive monthly security updates without problems.