Screen freeze, loud beep and then reboot

I was watching a youtube video like I always do and then the screen froze, the beeping sound started and lasted until the reboot, for about 20 seconds.

Screen freeze, loud beep and then reboot

I was watching a youtube video like I always do and then the screen froze, the beeping sound started and lasted until the reboot, for about 20 seconds. I have been on Pie Beta since December, since the first day it came out and I never had any issues. Haven't been able to replicate it again. 

As anyone had a similar experience?

Comments

• naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hello,

Is it something like in this video?
    There are similar reports on same, without a solution.
    As it occurs on different handsets, it may be about kernel.
    If it recurs and bothers, you may try factory reset

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    naufrago said:
    Hello,

Is it something like in this video?
    There are similar reports on same, without a solution.
    As it occurs on different handsets, it may be about kernel.
    If it recurs and bothers, you may try factory reset

Duck! I literally felt that my PC died when the beep started in that video :D :D That's a really loud and long beep. Took me a few seconds to realize that it was just the phone xD
    I never saw this happening on a phone before this. I thought only PCs had beeps to alert about kernel panic or hardware failure.

• I've had the same issue teice last month. Also on a Nokia 8 (with Android 9), also while watching Youtube.

Only resetting the phone made it usable again. I hope it's just some kind of temporary glitch and only when using Youtube.
  • Ok, I got it again today while listening to Spotify. I hope it's a coincidence that it happened twice a day.

The phone restarted automatically after about 10 to 20 seconds.
  • I have never heard any such noises on my Nokia 8. Have you done a factory reset?
  • Yes, when I open the camera, the phone will restart
  • Najjar Najjar
     / 
    Same problem happened twice, first time I was opening too many apps frequently and the second time I was playing brawl stars but luckily I was in the menus rather than actually playing but I was playing over 2 hours continuously and wasn't charging it while playing although the battery level was in the 20's.
    Anyone found out what's the problem? Could it be over heating?