Is it possible to see folders details and more than one file selected details?

Hi to everyone. I'm coming from Samsung, Sony and Huawei. In every device I owned it was possible to view folders details such as size.

Is it possible to see folders details and more than one file selected details?

Hi to everyone. I'm coming from Samsung, Sony and Huawei. In every device I owned it was possible to view folders details such as size. I can't do it here with "file" app. In other phone I was able to select more than one file and see details (size in this case) of those. This happens in the gallery too, I was able to select more than one pic and then look at size detail. Can't do it here. Am I missing something or with "File" app and "google photo" app it's not possible to do so?
Thanks to everyone!

Best Answer

• naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  /  Accepted Answer
    @Sam89 Hi,

You are right, those are the only apps provided by Google & HMD, with basic functions only. 
    You should install 3rd party apps for a better user experience. (I use xiaomi's file manager)

Answers

• petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 10
    Hello,
    In clean Android you will not find preinstalled app gallery or file management. 
    I have installed Files of Google and Total Commander from Google Play Store.
  • petrus said:
    Hello,
    In clean Android you will not find preinstalled app gallery or file management. 
    I have installed Files of Google and Total Commander from Google Play Store.
    Hi petrus. My nokia 8 comes with an app named File that let me browse the folders. And I consider the google Photo app as a gallery, isn't it? I can't get folders details from the first and more photo selected at once details on the second. The same happens for you too or I'm just missing how to do it?
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Naufrago was quicker.  :D I agree with him.  @naufrago ; Thank you.
  • Thank you guys!