Is it possible to see folders details and more than one file selected details?

Hi to everyone. I'm coming from Samsung, Sony and Huawei. In every device I owned it was possible to view folders details such as size.

Is it possible to see folders details and more than one file selected details?

Sam89 Sam89
✭✭  / 
Hi to everyone. I'm coming from Samsung, Sony and Huawei. In every device I owned it was possible to view folders details such as size. I can't do it here with "file" app. In other phone I was able to select more than one file and see details (size in this case) of those. This happens in the gallery too, I was able to select more than one pic and then look at size detail. Can't do it here. Am I missing something or with "File" app and "google photo" app it's not possible to do so?
Thanks to everyone!

Best Answer

• naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  /  Accepted Answer
    @Sam89 Hi,

You are right, those are the only apps provided by Google & HMD, with basic functions only. 
    You should install 3rd party apps for a better user experience. (I use xiaomi's file manager)

Answers

• petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 10
    Hello,
    In clean Android you will not find preinstalled app gallery or file management. 
    I have installed Files of Google and Total Commander from Google Play Store.
  • Sam89 Sam89
    ✭✭  / 
    petrus said:
    Hello,
    In clean Android you will not find preinstalled app gallery or file management. 
    I have installed Files of Google and Total Commander from Google Play Store.
    Hi petrus. My nokia 8 comes with an app named File that let me browse the folders. And I consider the google Photo app as a gallery, isn't it? I can't get folders details from the first and more photo selected at once details on the second. The same happens for you too or I'm just missing how to do it?
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Naufrago was quicker.  :D I agree with him.  @naufrago ; Thank you.
  • Sam89 Sam89
    ✭✭  / 
    Thank you guys!