FakeClearcut ...anyone have any idea ? ⚠

An app listed in all apps namely "FakeClearcut" ..battery optimisation is also not available ...can anyone enlighten me on this app...?!

FakeClearcut ...anyone have any idea ? ⚠

wyk wyk
✭✭✭✭  / 
An app listed in all apps namely "FakeClearcut" ..battery optimisation is also not available ...can anyone enlighten me on this app...?!

Comments

• vibhor vibhor
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 11
    Seems to be some system app. This is also available on nokia 6.1 plus. Did not get any clue as to what it does. By the way i uninstalled bunch of system apps from my phone and noticed performance & battery improvements.
  • buzzdarkyear buzzdarkyear
    ✭✭  / 
    vibhor said:
    Seems to be some system app. This is also available on nokia 6.1 plus. Did not get any clue as to what it does. By the way i uninstalled bunch of system apps from my phone and noticed performance & battery improvements.
    Do you mind sharing the apps you uninstalled ?
  • vibhor vibhor
    action services
    android accessibility suite
    android easter egg
    basic daydreams
    battery protection
    chromeCustomizations
    partnerbrowsercustomizations
    providers.partenerbookamrks
    retaildemo
    apruploadservice
    batteryprotect.overlay
    custmanager.data.overlay
    customerfeedback
    devicemonitorcontrol
    legalterm
    partenrbrowsercustomization.evenwell
    evenwell.PowerMonitor.overlay
    evenwell.powersaving.g3
    evenwell.providers.partnerbookmarks
    evenwell.providers.weather
    evenwell.retaildemo
    evenwell.stbmonitor
    evenwell.usagestatslogreceiver
    evenwell.weatherservice
    wellbeing
    CustManager
    defaultprintservice
    devicemonitorcontrol
    drive
    emergency information
    filesgo
    gboard
    googletextto speech
    legal term
    lens
    live wallpaper picker
    map partner
    market feedback agent
    partner launcher customizations
    photo screensaver
    powersaver
    powermonitor
    retaildemoapp
    sarinfoapplication
    stability monitor
    support
    systemdiagnostics
    trusted faces
    vpn dialog
    wallpapers

You may want to retain few of them if you use them. I uninstalled many , as i do not use them. Still i am observing if they have any adverse effect on my phone.

Improvements observed till now --

phone is snappier.
    battery backup improved.
    Earlier my phone was sluggish when battery goes below 10% but now i do not face such issues.
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    yeaa it seems good ..but as lot of users don't know the function of each apps ..soo just uninstalling the app by guessing the name may sound insane ..& sometimes it may lead to non functioning of phone or problem to get OTA...always risky. so Its not recommended to perform except own risk.

I didnt get uninstall option on the FakeClearcut app...may b something core app for information generating for Nokia as the app is linked with a lot of other apps in data usage section.
  • vibhor vibhor
    ✭✭✭  / 
    wyk said:
    yeaa it seems good ..but as lot of users don't know the function of each apps ..soo just uninstalling the app by guessing the name may sound insane ..& sometimes it may lead to non functioning of phone or problem to get OTA...always risky. so Its not recommended to perform except own risk.

I didnt get uninstall option on the FakeClearcut app...may b something core app for information generating for Nokia as the app is linked with a lot of other apps in data usage section.
    Yes,  these should be uninstalled only at owners risk. Some apps are related to controlling the fast charging. So it may be risky to unistall such apps.
  • AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭  / 
    wyk said:

I'm unable to optimise true caller & messages app too
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I optimized Truecaller but could'nt phone & messages ...i think these are core priority apps ..optimizing those may lead to miss call or SMS.
    U may using truecaller as one of core calling app or SMS app. So its restricting that to be optimized.
  • vibhor vibhor
    Read the below link to understand how nokia manages background apps. I disabled the nokia installed power management apps and see that all apps are woking fine now in background without impacting the battery life. I receive proper notifications even when phone is idle for hours.

https://dontkillmyapp.com/nokia
  • vibhor vibhor
    ✭✭✭  / 
    wyk said:
    Its basically a statistics logger which dumps various system metrics. These are then uploaded to HMD servers for future debugging and improving the system.
  • buzzdarkyear buzzdarkyear
    ✭✭  / 
    vibhor said:
    action services
    android accessibility suite
    android easter egg
    basic daydreams
    battery protection
    chromeCustomizations
    partnerbrowsercustomizations
    providers.partenerbookamrks
    retaildemo
    apruploadservice
    batteryprotect.overlay
    custmanager.data.overlay
    customerfeedback
    devicemonitorcontrol
    legalterm
    partenrbrowsercustomization.evenwell
    evenwell.PowerMonitor.overlay
    evenwell.powersaving.g3
    evenwell.providers.partnerbookmarks
    evenwell.providers.weather
    evenwell.retaildemo
    evenwell.stbmonitor
    evenwell.usagestatslogreceiver
    evenwell.weatherservice
    wellbeing
    CustManager
    defaultprintservice
    devicemonitorcontrol
    drive
    emergency information
    filesgo
    gboard
    googletextto speech
    legal term
    lens
    live wallpaper picker
    map partner
    market feedback agent
    partner launcher customizations
    photo screensaver
    powersaver
    powermonitor
    retaildemoapp
    sarinfoapplication
    stability monitor
    support
    systemdiagnostics
    trusted faces
    vpn dialog
    wallpapers

You may want to retain few of them if you use them. I uninstalled many , as i do not use them. Still i am observing if they have any adverse effect on my phone.

Improvements observed till now --

phone is snappier.
    battery backup improved.
    Earlier my phone was sluggish when battery goes below 10% but now i do not face such issues.
    Thank you very much ! 

• wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    vibhor said:
    wyk said:
    Its basically a statistics logger which dumps various system metrics. These are then uploaded to HMD servers for future debugging and improving the system.
    Right u are..  but the choice of name is  ... fantastically horrible  :D