VoLTE & VoWiFi on UK Sirocco ?

Hi all, my question is has anyone got these services working on their Sirocco please?

VoLTE & VoWiFi on UK Sirocco ?

Nigel Palmer Nigel Palmer
✭✭  / 
Hi all, my question is has anyone got these services working on their Sirocco please? I'm in the UK with 8.1 not 9 (yet) and on the 3UK network, this carrier and my SIM support these features when in other handsets but not when in my Sirocco. I have no options in any menus to enable either of these services?

Best Answer

Answers

• Nigel Palmer Nigel Palmer
    ✭✭  / 
    Haven't had any replies to my question about lack of VoLTE and VoWiFi and have now updated my Nokia 8 Sirocco to 9 Pie, still nothing in any software menus to enable these features, please has anyone got them working on their handset, either in the UK or elsewhere?
  • Nigel Palmer Nigel Palmer
    ✭✭  /  edited January 14
    Hi Anirban, thank you for taking the time to reply to my question, unfortunately I do not have this menu option to enable Advanced - Enhanced 4G LTE Mode.
    I have seen this menu option in other Orio 8.1 driven handsets that I've put my SIM card in but my Sirocco doesn't have it and I'm not sure why?
  • anirban banerjee anirban banerjee
    ✭✭  /  edited January 16
    If the Sirocco is locked with the service provider, then it could be possible to override the default settings using a custom build of OS from the service provider. Not sure if it is the case here. I am assuming the SIM is a 4G enabled SIM to start with.

Could not find Nokia Sirocco listed anywhere in the following website (assuming it is the correct one):
    http://www.three.co.uk/Search/?q=nokia 8 sirocco

Option 1: Try this - take out your SIM. Reboot the phone and connect to any good Wifi. Take backup of your data (contacts/notes/list of installed apps/sms/Whatsapp/other social media data/pictures/videos/any other important stuff).

Go ahead and do a complete factory reset.

Path:
    System - Advanced - Reset Options - Erase all data (factory reset)
    This is the last item in the list and will erase everything and should bring back the phone to original state. Please check if this is allowed to be done.

Then check if the menu item "Advanced - Enhanced 4G LTE Mode" gets enabled. 

Option 2: If possible could you upload a screenshot of the 'settings' - 'system' - 'about phone' screen after scrolling/swiping to the bottom of the page?

You will have something listed beside 'Build number'.
    Is it the same as the rest of the UK builds for Nokia Sirocco?

Last thought: Take it to Nokia Support Center / approach Nokia Support online to checkout their response... 
  • Eggman Eggman
    ✭✭  / 
    As far as I know, VoWiFi needs to be provisioned by your carrier unless the handset model is already whitelisted with the carrier. In my case, my Nokia 7 plus (not supplied by carrier) is an approved handset and works fine but if I use my Sirocco (again not supplied by carrier) on the same network and same sim I do not get the menu option even though the handset supports it.  When I dial *#*#4636#*#* and go to "phone info" I can see that VoLTE and wifi calling are not provisioned and therefore are greyed out.  Both handsets are on Pie.  My carrier refuses to provision it as it is not on their (very) short list of recommended handsets....you might have more luck with your carrier!
  • Eggman said:
    As far as I know, VoWiFi needs to be provisioned by your carrier unless the handset model is already whitelisted with the carrier. In my case, my Nokia 7 plus (not supplied by carrier) is an approved handset and works fine but if I use my Sirocco (again not supplied by carrier) on the same network and same sim I do not get the menu option even though the handset supports it.  When I dial *#*#4636#*#* and go to "phone info" I can see that VoLTE and wifi calling are not provisioned and therefore are greyed out.  Both handsets are on Pie.  My carrier refuses to provision it as it is not on their (very) short list of recommended handsets....you might have more luck with your carrier!
    That's a useful bit of information, thank you @Eggman. "*#*#4636#*#*" shows VoLTE enabled, but VoWifi disabled for operator Jio in India. Looks like its an "operator-handset-model" combination.