Share if you have encountered any bugs in the recent Pie update on Sirocco

How satisfied are you with this update? How's your battery holding up? Share everything you feel about this update.

Share if you have encountered any bugs in the recent Pie update on Sirocco

wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
✭✭✭✭  / 
How satisfied are you with this update? How's your battery holding up? Share everything you feel about this update.

Comments

• dorso dorso
    ✭✭  / 
    I am very happy with it. so far I have found no fault. 
    Battery life, I find the same as before.

Best regards

dOrso 
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    dorso said:
    I am very happy with it. so far I have found no fault. 
    Battery life, I find the same as before.

Best regards

dOrso 
    Thank you for your reply. I also feel the same about battery life. Hopefully, we will see some improvements after sometime with the new adaptive battery feature as it takes sometime to learn through our app activities.
  • Battery settling down - my usage remains the same - earlier it held 2 days from 6:00 am till 11:00 pm next day, now it still has 30% left and drain out at 0% predicted around 10:00 am on 3rd day. This is a marked improvement.
  • 1. screenshot editor is shoddy and doesn't include ability to highlight parts with pen. 
    2. I cannot copy-paste from multitasking pane
    3. Phone getting hotter than it used to be on pie
    4. Widevine L3 rather than L1
    5. Bokeh mode is still choppy. 
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Battery settling down - my usage remains the same - earlier it held 2 days from 6:00 am till 11:00 pm next day, now it still has 30% left and drain out at 0% predicted around 10:00 am on 3rd day. This is a marked improvement.
    Indeed it is.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    1. screenshot editor is shoddy and doesn't include ability to highlight parts with pen. 
    2. I cannot copy-paste from multitasking pane
    3. Phone getting hotter than it used to be on pie
    4. Widevine L3 rather than L1
    5. Bokeh mode is still choppy. 
    I am disappointed that there is no screenshot editor that lets you highlight parts with pen. Really how come this feature didn't get included in this Pie update or is this also a Pixel Exclusive feature like the copy paste from multitasking pane?

I haven't experienced the phone being hot. Also you are right the camera haven't improved much from the previous version.
  • Audioboxer Audioboxer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Old style navbar has a graphical glitch with the O (home icon). Sometimes it shifts up/down and cuts off the graphic.
  • postmart postmart
    ✭✭  / 
    Eggman said:
    I have an issue with the "OK Google" voice command. The assistant works manually fine but will only respond to "OK Google" voice command either straight after a reboot or straight after you have activated it manually, i.e press the mic button on the bottom of the desktop or in the Google Home app, then close assistant and then say "OK Google" and it will work once and then stop working until you manually activate again. I've checked all settings:
    Access with voicematch ON
    Unlock with voicematch ON
    Re-recorded voicematch/retrain voice model
    Cleared storage and cache on Play services, Home app and google frameworks
    Did a full reset with restore from backup
    Did a full reset with no restore from backup

It was perfect before the pie update. It seems to be a known issue on the Nokia 8 from what I can see on that forum. Could someone check if the issue is present on other Nokia 8 Sirocco's?

Have the same issue, not sure how to fix, tried retraining voice model. It worked ok before fine.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Eggman said:
    I have an issue with the "OK Google" voice command. The assistant works manually fine but will only respond to "OK Google" voice command either straight after a reboot or straight after you have activated it manually, i.e press the mic button on the bottom of the desktop or in the Google Home app, then close assistant and then say "OK Google" and it will work once and then stop working until you manually activate again. I've checked all settings:
    Access with voicematch ON
    Unlock with voicematch ON
    Re-recorded voicematch/retrain voice model
    Cleared storage and cache on Play services, Home app and google frameworks
    Did a full reset with restore from backup
    Did a full reset with no restore from backup

It was perfect before the pie update. It seems to be a known issue on the Nokia 8 from what I can see on that forum. Could someone check if the issue is present on other Nokia 8 Sirocco's?

I haven't had this issue until now but I will let you know if I start to suffer from this.
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 14
    Old style navbar has a graphical glitch with the O (home icon). Sometimes it shifts up/down and cuts off the graphic.
    Yup that's true. I think they didn't recognize this bug since it's really subtle. Hopefully they will fix this.

PS: I really want Google to come up with a intuitive gesture navigation system on Android Q that doesn't take up the screen real estate. I really see no point in gesture navigation eating up my screen space.
  • When I lock or unlock the phone sometimes the camera switch On as if I were pressing twice the button.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    When I lock or unlock the phone sometimes the camera switch On as if I were pressing twice the button.
    Haven't suffered from this bug but will let you know if I do.
  • Geo Pretorius Geo Pretorius
    ✭✭  /  edited January 16
    Since Pie, I'm experiencing the following problems:

1. Phone would restart randomly more or less once a day
    2. Navigation buttons at the bottom (back, home, multitasking) feels less responsive. I have to really press them hard to make them work. Because of this, I switched to gesture navigation which seems a bit better. In fact the whole screen feels a bit less responsive.
    3. Phone does not wake up and unlock on "OK Google"

Does anyone else with a Nokia 8 Sirocco on Pie experience similar issues? I did a factory reset, but it did not help.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

2. Navigation buttons at the bottom (back, home, multitasking) feels less responsive. I have to really press them hard to make them work. Because of this, I switched to gesture navigation which seems a bit better. In fact the whole screen feels a bit less responsive.

Does anyone else with a Nokia 8 Sirocco on Pie experience similar issues? I did a factory reset, but it did not help.
    For me its the number 2 as you pointed, rest I haven't noticed until now. Well, The space taken by navigation buttons are much smaller than on Oreo. And, yes it feels really less responsive than before although I don't know about the whole screen.
  • Eggman Eggman
    ✭✭  / 

Yes I changed to gesture navigation and works fine. Re the "OK Google" problen, this is something I have not been able to solve despite factory reset etc. Opened a ticket with Nokia but no response so far.
  • hitesh balchandani hitesh balchandani
     /  edited January 16

A problem with receiving text messages, important messages like from the bank, OTPs etc. Tried to reset, did not work, however changed sim to my Nokia 6, messages can be received. 
    Let me know if a cure has been found
  • Hmm, let's see... 
    My N8S seems to be as responsive as 8. Also, the battery is ok, it keeps me almost two days, but without usage of power intensive apps like Facebook (I did not installed it, I only use it via Chrome, you must try because in that way you will not be so addicted), but only Whatsapp and sometimes Messenger (in fact Messenger is some kind of an intesive app...), a couple of photos taken every day, some calls, some pdfs, maybe some google search. Previosly I had a Huawei P20 (non Pro) and that phone battery lasted one full day, but with Facebook installed and checked often, and the same scenario. 
    The camera app now in Pie it is much well built, but in comparison with P20, the latter one beats the Sirocco for some users that prefer more colours e.g. it uses scenes with more artificial colours and details... It is good, but not my taste as my previous phones before those two were Lumia 1020 and 950 that proceses the images to more natural colours and such :-) 
    Btw, I have a small 150 Nokia phone collection because I am a Nokia fan in some way :D 
    https://www.facebook.com/nokiamancollection/
  • When exiting the navigation menu while the phone is horizintal. The homepage appears in a secret horizontal mode but only for a split second. I managed to get a screenshot of it. It is clearly ment to be a feature, but unfortunatluny it doesn't work
  • rennie allen rennie allen
    ✭✭  / 

I have had it randomly reboot once on me. 
  • nitheesh nitheesh
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Yup that's true. I think they didn't recognize this bug since it's really subtle. Hopefully they will fix this.

PS: I really want Google to come up with a intuitive gesture navigation system on Android Q that doesn't take up the screen real estate. I really see no point in gesture navigation eating up my screen space.
    Android Q - Exclusive Hands-on First Look:https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/40972/android-q-leaked-on-video-shows-new-notification-gestures-and-more-privacy-controls
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    nitheesh said:

Android Q - Exclusive Hands-on First Look:https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/40972/android-q-leaked-on-video-shows-new-notification-gestures-and-more-privacy-controls
    Still waiting for Google to implement full screen gesture navigation on Android Q though.😀 Hope we see it in later builds.
  • I have a bug with bank messaging too. Even from bank app.
  • hi after I updated to pie my vibration stopped and not working even if it's ringing ? have anyone facing these problems .regards.
  • Not any problem so far. Reset your phone.
  • I can't use WPS anymore. It's very important for me. Which app do u use for WPS? The only apps i found where with WPS pin.
  • radu radu
    ✭✭  / 
    Since Pie update I can't use my headphones (the phone doesn't recognize them anymore). Anyone with the same issue?
  • romu romu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    radu said:
    Since Pie update I can't use my headphones (the phone doesn't recognize them anymore). Anyone with the same issue?
    Works fine for me using the supplied usb-c to 3.5mm jack adapter.
  • Deepak29 Deepak29
    ✭✭  / 
    Eggman said:

Yes I changed to gesture navigation and works fine. Re the "OK Google" problen, this is something I have not been able to solve despite factory reset etc. Opened a ticket with Nokia but no response so far.
    Hi does the open ticket work because I have encountered the same error even since Im on Pie...OK Google never worked on locked screen. Even it doesn't work 100% on the unlocked screen but all this started to happen only after Pie. Earlier it was awesome.... please help. Thanks Deepak
  • Eggman Eggman
    ✭✭  /  edited January 22

This came from Nokia support so looks like it'll be sorted next version:

"We are aware of the issue and are going to forward your feedback to our developers so it can be fixed in a future update. We advise you to wait for the next update and if the issue is not resolved, contact us again."

I assume the January update is just a security update and does not include bugfixes?