Share if you have encountered any bugs in the recent Pie update on Sirocco - Page 2

I have encountered a bug recently. The unlock pattern becomes ramdomly visible even if it is set to not visible (not so often though).

Share if you have encountered any bugs in the recent Pie update on Sirocco

Comments

• wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I have encountered a bug recently. The unlock pattern becomes ramdomly visible even if it is set to not visible (not so often though).

Just found out that Nokia 7 Plus users are suffering from similar issue on their phone.
  • saba ahmadi saba ahmadi
    ✭✭  / 
    تصویر در تصویر رو با آپدیت به اندروید ۹ نمیتونم پیدا کنم، راهنمایی کنید لطفاً 
  • reaper90 reaper90
    ✭✭  / 
    Anyone else having the problem that the phone does not charge when connecting to a charger (tested using two differend chargers and cables)? The only workaround is to reboot the phone after connecting it to a charger, but my phone does not reboot or shut down normally. The screen goes black and it doesn't restart or turn off. I need to press the power button for 10s to force a reboot. Then it charges normally again until i disconnect it from the charger.

the issue seems to be present on Nokia 8 (non-Sirocco) too or at least it was in December:
    https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/32913/how-to-fix-nokia-8-not-charging-after-android-pie-update

Anyone else facing this issue? Any known solutions?
  • radu radu
    ✭✭  / 
    romu said:
    radu said:
    Since Pie update I can't use my headphones (the phone doesn't recognize them anymore). Anyone with the same issue?
    Works fine for me using the supplied usb-c to 3.5mm jack adapter.
    Tried both headphones and usb-c to jack adapter, none of them work. I thought it might be a problem with the headphones, but when I saw that the usb-c to jack is also broken... I really don't know what to do next!
  • I'm also experiencing the issue where the phone randomly reboots. It never did that before the Pie update, and I've had my phone since it was released.

But, a much, much worse issue is that when I have headphones connected using the USB-C to 3.5mm adapter, since the Pie update, any phone call will disconnect within a few minutes, and after that, there is no sound at coming from the phone. A full reboot is required. No error messages, nothing, there's simply no audio, which makes it frustrating both for me and for the other party, as we have to wait for the phone to reboot before we can resume the call, and they don't know why I just all of a sudden hung up in the middle of a sentence.
  • reaper90 reaper90
    ✭✭  / 
    reaper90 said:
    Anyone else having the problem that the phone does not charge when connecting to a charger (tested using two differend chargers and cables)? The only workaround is to reboot the phone after connecting it to a charger, but my phone does not reboot or shut down normally. The screen goes black and it doesn't restart or turn off. I need to press the power button for 10s to force a reboot. Then it charges normally again until i disconnect it from the charger.

the issue seems to be present on Nokia 8 (non-Sirocco) too or at least it was in December:
    https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/32913/how-to-fix-nokia-8-not-charging-after-android-pie-update

Anyone else facing this issue? Any known solutions?
    Just a small update in case anyone else faces this Issue too:
    I just chatted with Nokia support for two hours without finding a solution. They said they'll forward my problem to the developers and i should wait for the next OTA update(s). So just to make it a complete bug report, i tried the USB-C Headphone adapter and had the same issue (Normally i use Bluetooth headphones when listening to music on the go). So i also tried the USB-C Headphones that came with the device. First thing i noticed was that the connector sits a lot tighter than the charging cable or the USB-C headphone adaptor. Also those worked right away without issues and after disconnection those and trying the charging/usb-cable and the headphone adaptor, they worked again as if there would've never been a problem...
  • Marius.L Marius.L
     /  edited January 2019
    Hi. How to move google bar from home screen and calendar/ weather bar all so?
  • I just updated my Nokia 8 today and have the worst bug  ...on messenger i can't send photos via WiFi but i ican with mobile dataor  bluetooh tethering from another device connected to the same wifi that i have  problem with......Youtube app and PUBG Mobile ... doesn't work too .on WiFi *only* 
    Every thing else "I think it's Fine 
    For now at least
  • Hi.how to remowe google bar from home screen guys.and calendar/weather bar all so. Thanks for help
  • Strat Strat
    ✭✭  / 
    Marius.L said:
    Hi.how to remowe google bar from home screen guys.and calendar/weather bar all so. Thanks for help
    Same i want to know how can we move or remove them. My friend who has the Nokia 8 doesn't have the problem.
  • nitheesh nitheesh
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 2019
    @Marius.L @Strat You can't able to remove the search bar and the glance (calendar/weather) from the screen in Android Pie. If you really want to remove this, install Nova or Microsoft launcher from play store.
    I am using Microsoft launcher.

• Hello,
    Recently purchased the Nokia 8 Sirocco and I also have the Ok Google problem. 
  • garjon2422 garjon2422
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi , does anyone know how to reset Nokia sirocco back to Android 8. I didn't give permission to update to pie so it's updated automatically when I turned my phone back from a charge. Really annoying it's done this without me agreeing.😤
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi , does anyone know how to reset Nokia sirocco back to Android 8. I didn't give permission to update to pie so it's updated automatically when I turned my phone back from a charge. Really annoying it's done this without me agreeing.😤
    As of now there is no official way to revert back to Oreo on Nokia 8 Sirocco. If you are really desperate then you can unlock the bootloader of your phone unofficially and then you could revert back to Oreo but I don't recommend unlocking the bootloader unofficially as it voids the warranty and there is risk of your device getting bricked if you are not careful enough with the process.
  • i  am facing problem in using 4g data in my nokia 8 after update it into android 9 sometime 4g data dont work and phone does not respond even in full signals
  • Hi , does anyone know how to reset Nokia sirocco back to Android 8. I didn't give permission to update to pie so it's updated automatically when I turned my phone back from a charge. Really annoying it's done this without me agreeing.😤
    As of now there is no official way to revert back to Oreo on Nokia 8 Sirocco. If you are really desperate then you can unlock the bootloader of your phone unofficially and then you could revert back to Oreo but I don't recommend unlocking the bootloader unofficially as it voids the warranty and there is risk of your device getting bricked if you are not im caref enough with the process.

You shouldn't try doing this because there are anti roll back that could block your phone.

• Eggman Eggman
    ✭✭  / 
    Deepak29 said:
    Eggman said:
    Since Pie, I'm experiencing the following problems:

1. Phone would restart randomly more or less once a day
    2. Navigation buttons at the bottom (back, home, multitasking) feels less responsive. I have to really press them hard to make them work. Because of this, I switched to gesture navigation which seems a bit better. In fact the whole screen feels a bit less responsive.
    3. Phone does not wake up and unlock on "OK Google"

Does anyone else with a Nokia 8 Sirocco on Pie experience similar issues? I did a factory reset, but it did not help.
    Yes I changed to gesture navigation and works fine. Re the "OK Google" problen, this is something I have not been able to solve despite factory reset etc. Opened a ticket with Nokia but no response so far.
    Hi does the open ticket work because I have encountered the same error even since Im on Pie...OK Google never worked on locked screen. Even it doesn't work 100% on the unlocked screen but all this started to happen only after Pie. Earlier it was awesome.... please help. Thanks Deepak
    Im afraid the email remains unanswered a week later. 

✭✭✭✭  / 
    Eggman said:
    I have an issue with the "OK Google" voice command. The assistant works manually fine but will only respond to "OK Google" voice command either straight after a reboot or straight after you have activated it manually, i.e press the mic button on the bottom of the desktop or in the Google Home app, then close assistant and then say "OK Google" and it will work once and then stop working until you manually activate again. I've checked all settings:
    Access with voicematch ON
    Unlock with voicematch ON
    Re-recorded voicematch/retrain voice model
    Cleared storage and cache on Play services, Home app and google frameworks
    Did a full reset with restore from backup
    Did a full reset with no restore from backup

It was perfect before the pie update. It seems to be a known issue on the Nokia 8 from what I can see on that forum. Could someone check if the issue is present on other Nokia 8 Sirocco's?

Yup, I have started to suffer from this bug lately. 
  • slinky trips slinky trips
    ✭✭  / 
    Also getting the okay Google problem like others on here. Another bug I have is with the glance screen, when set to always on and after the phone has been in a pocket for a while it is not waking up when removed. In oreo the screen would turn on the instant it was removed from the pocket.
  • nitheesh said:
    @Marius.L @Strat You can't able to remove the search bar and the glance (calendar/weather) from the screen in Android Pie. If you really want to remove this, install Nova or Microsoft launcher from play store.

I agree... Took your advice and after a little research I settled for Evie Launcher. I have managed to customise my home screen to the point where I have retained features such as numbered notifications instead of the dot, search/news panel to the left defaults to Google search, so no need for Google search on the home page... and I now have the weather widget of my choice. It isn't exactly where I would like it to be, but I resented having my Home screen invaded by widgets, and how my news panel no longer had the search bar... how irritating as this feature made a lot of sense in Android Oreo.

Great advice... if you don't like the new home screen and news/information panel configuration, use a launcher. Nova, Microsoft, and Evie are highly regarded (I chose Evie as it was free of ads, and it reviewed well too).

• nitheesh nitheesh
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    nitheesh said:

I agree... Took your advice and after a little research I settled for Evie Launcher. I have managed to customise my home screen to the point where I have retained features such as numbered notifications instead of the dot, search/news panel to the left defaults to Google search, so no need for Google search on the home page... and I now have the weather widget of my choice. It isn't exactly where I would like it to be, but I resented having my Home screen invaded by widgets, and how my news panel no longer had the search bar... how irritating as this feature made a lot of sense in Android Oreo.

Great advice... if you don't like the new home screen and news/information panel configuration, use a launcher. Nova, Microsoft, and Evie are highly regarded (I chose Evie as it was free of ads, and it reviewed well too).

Great choice!
    The Microsoft Launcher also have the same features and it's ads free. That's why I chose MS Launcher. And also I am a big Microsoft fan ;)
  • PiyishA1 PiyishA1
     /  edited January 2019
    Apart from the poor battery, I have encountered the following bug where notifications don't show the complete content. Here is the screenshot: 

• alemar73 alemar73
    ✭✭  / 
    ... glance screen, when set to always on and after the phone has been in a pocket for a while it is not waking up when removed. In oreo the screen would turn on the instant it was removed from the pocket.
    I can confirm that it happens, even if not frequently (I set Glance in "always on" mode). I also noticed that Glance's informations always remain fixed in the same position, while in Oreo they moved up and down to prevent "burn-in".

• rennie allen rennie allen
    ✭✭  / 
    I had a bunch or weirdness the first week, random reboots etc. But for the last week it has been rock solid. I can only hypothesize that there were some incompatible apps that updated. 
  • While on call all of a sudden the audio stops working. I had to restart the phone to have the audio working again. ☹️ Basically due to headphones. But audio doesnt seem to work even after removing the earphones.
  • romu romu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The power button seems to be somewhat picky with Pie. A lot of times, when I press it to wake up the phone, it's detected as double click and wants to start the camera. That did not happen to me with Oreo.
  • dorso dorso
    ✭✭  / 

Hi ;)
    someone has pointed me out.

I tried it and it's true. if battery fully charged is still "charging" there. "Wird geladen" is German and  means charging.

this is a bug in android 9.
  • Messages other than text messages such as (OTPs, other bank messages, messages through different apps) are not being received after updating to android pie on my Nokia 8 sirroco. On inserting sim on other phones messages are being received, even I am having nokia 6.1 which is running on oreo, on inserting sim in that phone messages are being received.

Kindly remove the debug ASAP
  • Android 9 ruined my Sirocco phone.
    1.  Internet hot spot no longer works 
    2. Cannot turn off single apps at a time like you could with Oreo
    3. Cannot remove the Google search bar.  I see the helpful instructions on how to select a different launcher however users should be allowed to add or remove items from the home screen if they choose to do so.
    4. Before any other update is performed on my phone - I would like one final opportunity to either opt out of the update or roll back to the previous version.  Android 9 is a pie in the face.