Share if you have encountered any bugs in the recent Pie update on Sirocco - Page 3

> 2.

Share if you have encountered any bugs in the recent Pie update on Sirocco

Comments

• espio999 espio999
    ✭✭  / 
    > 2. Cannot turn off single apps at a time like you could with Oreo
    surely we can't close all at one action.  tap the overview button (right one) and swipe to right.  you will see "clear all".
  • adam24 adam24
     /  edited February 2019
    A few of bugs I've seen:
    1. The glance screen is intermittent at best. If I change the glance settings it kills it completely unless I have it as always on which I don't want.
    2. Battery life seems worse than on Oreo, when doze overnight I get about 1% drain per hour. So 8-9% drain overnight in total.
    3. The worst bug by far is the intermittent failure of the fingerprint scanner when unlocking my phone. I get haptic feedback that it has recognised a scan but phone remains locked. Have to use pin instead .
  • Not receiving messages and OTP from banks and other payment wallets
  • Android 9 ruined my Sirocco phone. Follow up:

For Nokia 8 Sirocco users in the US

I have resolved one problem for the phone's inability to maintain internet service.  This applies to the phone destroying Android 9 Pie update / Phone working on T-Mobile network.
    The symptom is no internet access.  After the unwanted update to Android 9 Pie, there was a mysterious icon that appeared LTE.  This Advanced LTE mode on the phone insured that no connection could be maintained to the cellular network and running the Hotspot was impossible.

Turning this option off resolved the problem.

To turn off Advanced LTE Mode go to Settings>Network & Internet>Mobile Network>Advanced.

Advanced 4G LTE Mode> OFF

Turn this option OFF.

With two Sirocco phones this option caused no internet access, no email or web browsing was available with this option turned on.

Another feature introduced by Android Pie in the face is the Hot Spot feature has been rendered useless. The Hot Spot feature automatically disables itself after some yet to be discovered limit. Although the new software update that ruined my phone has an option to keep the Hot Spot feature active - it does not work.  The old Oreo 8 version worked just fine - never an issue with hot spot use.

Some one else commented that you can no longer close apps individually - This is confirmed that you must slide all the way to the left to close all apps but no ability to close individual apps.

• espio999 espio999
    ✭✭  / 
    > to close individual apps.
    tap the overview button and swipe up the application you want to close.
    to close all apps, swipe to right and tap "clear all".

Regarding Advanced 4G LTE Mode, this option is not visible in my area as attached.  I suppose visibility of this option depends on the career.
  • White Lotus White Lotus
    ✭✭  / 
    The people that designed Android 9 should never again be allowed to touch a keyboard. 1) Lost internet connection (will try solution suggested here). 2) Deleted APNs. 3) Significant loss of touch screen sensitivity (mentioned here more than once). 3) Can't close apps easily. 4) search bar cannot be removed.5) Reset whole host of permissions. 6) who knows what else is ruined?

I only switched from Nokia E7 a couple of months ago, and I regret this every single day. And I only did this because the memory on that phone had long ago run out, so I was constantly deleting things, and I knew that 3Gs' days were numbered. I am shocked at the number of things that are said to be innovations on Android, like being able to copy and paste anywhere - which was an E7 feature since 2011. 
  • They need to approve my message (5 massage), I change account...

Please, it is protest for hmd. Write in this topic
    *HMD, talk with us!*
    Today we (Nokia 8) tomorrow, you...

https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/42471/revolution-protest-for-hmd#latest

HMD, talk with us!

Help me please...
  • I'm now going to add:
    4. that adaptive battery keeps turning itself back on within minutes of me deactivating it 
  • Since Pie:
    1. phonecalls continues, but neither I nor counterpart can hear anything. total silence. No systematic error but appears every know and then.  Only rebooting phone helps. starting a new call results in silence. Started after last android one version update about a month ago. Have had nokia phones since start of Nokia android and beyond. Never had this kind of error before. really disturbing one.
    2. fitbit app sync with fitbit activity tracker results in error. Started after last android one version update about a month ago.
  • valyo_bg valyo_bg
    ✭✭  / 
    No problems with calls at all, maybe some third-party installed app do this problem for you? Try with factory reset
  • valyo_bg valyo_bg
    ✭✭  /  edited February 2019
    In fact, the only problem I have after last security update is with proximity sensor during ordinary calls - from time to timet it not turn off the screen. With all other calls (Viber, WhatsApp and etc.) work perfect.
  • White Lotus White Lotus
    ✭✭  / 
    The people that designed Android 9 should never again be allowed to touch a keyboard. 1) Lost internet connection (will try solution suggested here). 2) Deleted APNs. 3) Significant loss of touch screen sensitivity (mentioned here more than once). 3) Can't close apps easily. 4) search bar cannot be removed.5) Reset whole host of permissions. 6) who knows what else is ruined?

I only switched from Nokia E7 a couple of months ago, and I regret this every single day. And I only did this because the memory on that phone had long ago run out, so I was constantly deleting things, and I knew that 3Gs' days were numbered. I am shocked at the number of things that are said to be innovations on Android, like being able to copy and paste anywhere - which was an E7 feature since 2011. 
    Update to my earlier message. 1) I restored internet by manually re-adding APNs found on the internet. The solution posted here about enhanced LTE did not work for me.3) Loss of screen sensitivity continues. Have to press "buttons" at the bottom quite firmly. 4) annoying, have to clear all every time instead of individual apps. I get that Google never wants you to turn anything off, but I haven't seen any checks from them recently for the free information I give them, so I just keep turning everything off including every one of their apps that isn't critical. 4) Quickstep is the problem. I did briefly try MS launcher, but found it too complicated/intrusive (for no obvious reasons) so I'll just live with loss of home screean real estate. Disabling quickstep has no apparent effect, but doesn't remove search bar. New: battery life definitely compromised, even after turn off everything I could think off, resetting all the permissions, etc., disabling where I could, etc. Copy/paste worse than before, and it wasn't very good to start with. On a random basis, texts now appear as downloads, which can't be retrieved. I see there are 10 billion posts on this issue with Android dating back years, so I guess this will never be fixed, but it only started for me after this version was installed. The least they could do is allow us to roll back. If they can't test every phone in every environment - and I don't expect that at all - then for those for whom an update doesn't work, they should allow you to go back to the last working version.
  • - ok Google doesn't work
    - navbar gets cut off and becomes too small to use
    - phone sometimes lags like I have a bunch of games running without any apps in the background
    - sometimes when taking pictures there's a pop-up saying "saving image" but the picture won't get saved and I can't access my gallery
    - Bluetooth range and connectivity is terrible and makes Bluetooth Headsets unusable with phone in pocket
    - random restarts while/after charging
  • Michl C Michl C
    ✭✭  / 
    My ok Google aint working anymore, will there come a fix soon  
  • Larsbrp Larsbrp
    ✭✭  / 
    Everything works GREAT! - lovely Update! Only problem is no sound through USB, tried everything, also developer USB-options. We are some who has the problem though. https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/25310/usb-c-jack-adapter-not-working
  • todesurteil todesurteil
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Was phoning a number on my contact list, wanted to end the call, but it crashed and was stuck and continued to call. Had to switch off my Sirocco and do a restart.

Had a issue that it didn't pick up my sim card, was saying no network emergency calls only. Restarted a few times didn't help. Switched it off and left it off for a few hours, and worked. Might be network issue who knows?
  • FlyingTechBird FlyingTechBird
     /  edited February 2019
    I'm not sure if this is related to the pie update (phone is new), but my Wifi signal is very poor compared to my old Samsung S5 and S4.

I installed WiFiAnalyzer (open-source) to compare the results, with both phones in the same place. (See the screenshot)

There is a difference of 18 dBm signal strength. Also I see much less Access Points in the Wifi List compared to my old S5.

Is this a design problem of the Nokia 8 Sirocco? Did you notice the same?
  • I had weird reboots and issues when I first updated, but they went away after a couple of weeks and it's been rock solid now for over a month. Very happy
  • I haven't be able to update my apps or download new ones<b></b> from Google play since pie update. Please help! 
  • Joanna Augustian Joanna Augustian
     /  edited February 2019
    Has Nokia sent out an update to fix the earphone not being recognised bug issue? Its quite annoying and embarrassing to have the phone restarted everytime .
  • Silas Liang Silas Liang
    ✭✭  / 
    Heikki33 said:
    I haven't be able to update my apps or download new ones from Google play since pie update. Please help! 
    Have you tried clearing app data of Play store? This might help. 
  • Heikki33 said:
    I haven't be able to update my apps or download new ones from Google play since pie update. Please help! 
    Have you tried clearing app data of Play store? This might help. 
    Yes! Finally. It works. Thank you! 
  • Sujoy Sujoy
    ✭✭  / 
    Since Pie, I'm experiencing the following problems:

1. Phone would restart randomly more or less once a day
    2. Navigation buttons at the bottom (back, home, multitasking) feels less responsive. I have to really press them hard to make them work. Because of this, I switched to gesture navigation which seems a bit better. In fact the whole screen feels a bit less responsive.
    3. Phone does not wake up and unlock on "OK Google"

Does anyone else with a Nokia 8 Sirocco on Pie experience similar issues? I did a factory reset, but it did not help.
    For me its the number 2 as you pointed, rest I haven't noticed until now. Well, The space taken by navigation buttons are much smaller than on Oreo. And, yes it feels really less responsive than before although I don't know about the whole screen.
    Same problem for me : Phone restarts randomly more or less once a day
  • Sujoy Sujoy
    ✭✭  /  edited August 2019
    Phone restarts randomly more or less once a day
  • Sujoy Sujoy
    ✭✭  /  edited August 2019
    Phone restarts randomly more or less once a day
  • Evindzer Evindzer
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @Sujoy is that why you posted the same post 3 times? 😁
    Btw, no problems with my Sirocco, I'm very satisfied with it. 🙃
  • AshutoshP AshutoshP
    ✭✭  / 

Nokia 6 giving continuous problems of not receiving text messages especially bank OTP etc.

Changed default message app, restarted the phone several times but no luck.

Please help how to fix this...