Nokia big lie -nokia 8 with pure android 9 - you can see in its page ....shame on you .... Where is

shame on you nokia Where is our pie update  Why you say it on your page  You will lose your fans because of your untrustable treatments

Nokia big lie -nokia 8 with pure android 9 - you can see in its page ....shame on you .... Where is

Behinamaki Behinamaki
✭✭  /  edited January 12
shame on you nokia
Where is our pie update 
Why you say it on your page 
You will lose your fans because of your untrustable treatments

Comments

• What is the problems about Nokia 8 Pie Update?
  • Behinamaki Behinamaki
    ✭✭  / 
    What is the problems about Nokia 8 Pie Update?
    Who knows!!!😁😁😁
  • apurv apurv
    ✭✭  / 
    Where is the Android pie update for NOKIA 8? Lower and after Nokia 8 models got android pie update even phones like MI A2 from Xiaomi mid range phone connected to android one project received android 9 update. Nokia 8 was your first high end android phone I was a big fan Show Some FIDELITY.
  • KOSMAS LEILETZOGLOY KOSMAS LEILETZOGLOY
    ✭✭  /  edited January 12
    Hi to all of you. I'm from Greece and since I downloaded the last version Android 9 everytime I restart my phone it lost all the fingerprints and then I can't not program then again. Also it turns to hot when  charging more than before. The fingerprint sensor at that time it is not working properly. I had a Nokia 8. If some here from Nokia see my comment please fix it as soon as possible. I had to do factory reset in order to fix the fingerprints problem 
  • pardeep pardeep
    ✭✭  /  edited January 12
    Hi to all of you. I'm from Greece and since I downloaded the last version Android 9 everytime I restart my phone it lost all the fingerprints and then I can't not program then again. Also it turns to hot when  charging more than before. The fingerprint sensor at that time it is not working properly. I had a Nokia 8. If some here from Nokia see my comment please fix it as soon as possible. I had to do factory reset in order to fix the fingerprints problem 
    Restart your phone again. It will show the option to add fingerprints from starting.
  •  :s  :o
  • Biggest lie. . .. From next on don't recommend to anyone else to purchase Nokia phones. 
  • Not pure at all
    Big lie 
    No updates 
    Nothing at all
  • pardeep said:
    Restart your phone again. It will show the option to add fingerprints from starting.
    Also WIFICALL is not working at all. Is there any way to downgrade the android version?
  • Khaled Seoud Khaled Seoud
    ✭✭  / 
    there's no such thing, I just took a screenshot from the Nokia 8 page, and doesn't say that it comes with Android 9 Pie..

stop nonsense lying please, and as for the update, it won't reach all countries in the same time, I guess..
  • terminusaquo terminusaquo
    ✭✭✭  / 
    there's no such thing, I just took a screenshot from the Nokia 8 page, and doesn't say that it comes with Android 9 Pie..

stop nonsense lying please, and as for the update, it won't reach all countries in the same time, I guess..
    Actually OPs post is correct as it does indeed mention Android 9 Pie:

https://www.nokia.com/phones/en_int/nokia-8-2017
  • apurv said:
    Where is the Android pie update for NOKIA 8? Lower and after Nokia 8 models got android pie update even phones like MI A2 from Xiaomi mid range phone connected to android one project received android 9 update. Nokia 8 was your first high end android phone I was a big fan Show Some FIDELITY The problem is Nokia 8 is NOT  Android 1 project.
  • apurv said:
    Where is the Android pie update for NOKIA 8? Lower and after Nokia 8 models got android pie update even phones like MI A2 from Xiaomi mid range phone connected to android one project received android 9 update. Nokia 8 was your first high end android phone I was a big fan Show Some FIDELITY 

• apurv said:
    Where is the Android pie update for NOKIA 8? Lower and after Nokia 8 models got android pie update even phones like MI A2 from Xiaomi mid range phone connected to android one project received android 9 update. Nokia 8 was your first high end android phone I was a big fan Show Some FIDELITY.

apurv said:
    Where is the Android pie update for NOKIA 8? Lower and after Nokia 8 models got android pie update even phones like MI A2 from Xiaomi mid range phone connected to android one project received android 9 update. Nokia 8 was your first high end android phone I was a big fan Show Some FIDELITY 
    Q
  • The problem is Nokia 8 is NOT Android 1 project.
  • Google Android one and you'll see the list of phones in the android one project, Nokia 8 isn't one of them... So i guess they are having trouble making it compatible with pie. I use 5.1 plus, update is available but i'm not updating, i'm good with oreo.
  • I am from India. I had downloaded Android 9 pie beta update as soon as it was made available for my Nokia 8. I have not so far encountered any major problems with my phone, except for minor issues which do not at all interfere with my day-to-day usage.
  • I am confused by this thread. The Nokia 8 is not part of Android One. Despite this, my Nokia 8 has received a security update every month. At the end of December 2018 I received Pie over-the-air (OTA). The only negative is that Pie is missing the well being and adaptive battery software. Even for that HMD have said they are talking to Google. I do not think HMD are doing badly, they could do better of course but it could be worse, like in the world of Samsung for example, from all accounts those are very slow to be updated. 
  • Senthiln8 Senthiln8
    ✭✭  / 
    What about pie update?

• Check the official web page. They have released it in December. Even I have received pie update on my Sirocco 8. Guys please connect your device with wifi and try to update it. Also check your current software version. If you still need assistance then visit the nearest nokia care. They will fix it for you.
  • todesurteil todesurteil
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 13
    You see people don't understand what the slogan actually means: "Pure, secure and up to date". It means the following:

* Pure: with bug invested firmware

* Secure: In the knowledge you will receive your firmware update "soon" and will wait months for it and it will probably be late

* Up to date: left with a device, after Android Pie, that's broken and almost unusable and wait months for it to be fixed and some functions and apps removed and not up to date.

That's what the slogan actually means 😂👍
  • gaurang patkar gaurang patkar
    ✭✭  / 
    It is in operators hands now. Update is already out.
  • The Nokia 8 isn't to compare with the 8 SIROCCO.. And with 7.1, too. Especially the camera-hardware is a other. The 8 works with/ has OIS, the SCIROCCO not (only EIS). That's why they have problems, when they publish a firmware from a "normal" Nokia for the 8, so they have done it. It can't work, but HMD is not interessted in to work on this problem. And THIS is NOT a "Android One" - problem, it is a "HMD" problem. The most of us, when we speak about "Android Pie", would like to have a correctly working camera. And there we have only "many words", but no ONE RESULT after many months..
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 14
    This is why the Pie for Nokia 8 was delayed in India according to Mr. Juho. And new features which were not present in earlier update are coming along with the Pie this time.

• marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    So, because of a regression on volte in India they couldn't pack the new camera app. Oh, and they had no other choice but release a partial beta as commercially stable!
    Sounds convincing, i bet many will buy it.
    Much credibility, such wise move, many wow!
  • Hussain Mithi Hussain Mithi
    ✭✭  / 

Check the official web page. They have released it in December. Even I have received pie update on my Sirocco 8. Guys please connect your device with wifi and try to update it. Also check your current software version. If you still need assistance then visit the nearest nokia care. They will fix it for you.
    We aren't talking about the 8 Sirocco . This is the regular 8
  • charles3608 charles3608
    ✭✭  / 
    Havent you got your update via OTA? I've gotten mine already for two weeks
  • @HMD Global , we need answers..!!
    It's been a month after Pie update was announced for Nokia 8, which is also very late compared to other android phones in the market. Very disappointing.. Would not recommend Nokia to anybody next time..
  • I don't quite understand the problem.  Android 9 Pie would be rolled out for the Nokia 8.  What is unfortunately very annoying is that the battery optimization and the Wellbeeing was not included. 

Otherwise the updates (incl. security updates) come quickly and regularly.  In any case faster and better than others (Samsung and LG).  Only Oneplus has a further good update strategy.  So wait and see what else comes from HMD.

• imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Just a lie, you fraud this is what you are telling from September, according to him he can give beta build for India and he from 1month he don't even know about Volte problem but now because of 8.1 not earning much so he still need to postpone the pie for 8. 
Prev1