VoLTE/VoWiFi issues after upgrading to official Pie (Android 9)

Hi to Nokia community.

VoLTE/VoWiFi issues after upgrading to official Pie (Android 9)

lazarefa lazarefa
✭✭  / 
Hi to Nokia community.
3 days ago i officially upgraded my Nokia 8 device (TA1012, EU) to Android 9 Pie. 
After upgrade i noticed that VoLTE/VoWiFi has some issues/bugs. 
First of all, even if it was active on my phone since the previous OS, android 8.1 Oreo, and was properly working on my 4G+ network (Cosmote Greece), when installing Pie it didnt function initially and had to deactivate/activate function on device menu and then restart device to operate. Since then, VoLTE/VoWiFi is deactivating randomly sometimes when i explore device menus even if i dont deactivate this function. Each time  VoLTE/VoWiFi is deactivating, i have to restart/reboot device to activate it.
Second issue i found on Pie, is that when device is on airplane mode, when i activate Wifi, although   VoLTE/VoWiFi was previously active, i cannot make calls with VoWifi, although that capability was enabled with previous version of Android 8.1 on my device and was operating perfectly.
Many other Nokia 8 users in my country (Greece) who got Pie, are also facing these issues.
So, please Nokia Support bear in mind those VoLTE/VoWiFi issues and fix them on the next Nokia 8 software update.

Comments

• potemkin potemkin
    ✭✭  / 
    I don't think Nokia Support reads these forums.
  • i have the same issue after the pie update. It' s just luck that i have another VoWifi enabled phone in my possession (sony xz1, cosmote firmware pie 9) so i ll stay with that phone until Nokia become again serious. I was a beta tester and i have send a message to Nokia support about the VoWifi issue too, before around 1 month. 

• i have the same issue after the pie update. It' s just luck that i have another VoWifi enabled phone in my possession (sony xz1, cosmote firmware pie 9) so i ll stay with that phone until Nokia become again serious. I was a beta tester and i have send a message to Nokia support about the VoWifi issue too, before around 1 month. 

• lazarefa lazarefa
    ✭✭  / 
    Lets hope that someone from Nokia team will take under consideration these VoWiFi issues and fix them on next device firmware update.
    In any case, a shame that although at least one beta tester has informed them about this bug they did nothing to fix it before official release of Pie for Nokia 8 (TA-1012).
  • user1508928527225 user1508928527225
    ✭✭✭  / 
    As an additional data point, I haven't seen issues with my TA-1004 and VoLTE or WiFi calls on Pie. My service provider is Elisa at Finland. However, considering that HMD has acknowledged similar issues at India, it does sound like some checking in advance might be a good idea if one's about to upgrade to Pie and uses VoLTE or WiFi calling.