Haven't got Android Pie on Nokia 8(2017)

The android pie stable update phased rollout was announced on 20th Dec 2018,it's more than 15 days but still haven't got the update.I even asked on online chat…

Haven't got Android Pie on Nokia 8(2017)

The android pie stable update phased rollout was announced on 20th Dec 2018,it's more than 15 days but still haven't got the update.I even asked on online chat support and guess what they don't know about it😂😂

Comments

• wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Since the update you mentioned was half baked and buggy according to most of the users that received the update, maybe they are trying to push an update with most of the features included in Pie and new Nokia Camera update. That maybe the reason they are taking so much time.
  • potemkin potemkin
    ✭✭  / 
     maybe they are trying to push an update with most of the features included in Pie and new Nokia Camera update. That maybe the reason they are taking so much time.

I think there was a pause in phased rollout simply because they all went on winter holidays for a couple of weeks. Now they're back and continuing to roll out this incomplete Pie version. When will we get the full Pie version, only God knows. And don't hold you breath about meaningful Camera update. I think I'm too optimistic if I say there's a 50:50 chance we'll ever see that.

• wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    potemkin said:
     maybe they are trying to push an update with most of the features included in Pie and new Nokia Camera update. That maybe the reason they are taking so much time.

I think there was a pause in phased rollout simply because they all went on winter holidays for a couple of weeks. Now they're back and continuing to roll out this incomplete Pie version. When will we get the full Pie version, only God knows. And don't hold you breath about meaningful Camera update. I think I'm too optimistic if I say there's a 50:50 chance we'll ever see that.

I think they can do whatever they want with the Nokia 8 😂 since its not a Android One branded device. So, there is no specific timeline for the update and there is no specific rule for them to follow and include all the necessary features in Pie.
  • Behinamaki Behinamaki
    ✭✭  / 
    Since the update you mentioned was half baked and buggy according to most of the users that received the update, maybe they are trying to push an update with most of the features included in Pie and new Nokia Camera update. That maybe the reason they are taking so much time.
    I don't think so they can't do half devices update and then do another ota update for our devices they should do update step by step for example if you do not use you n8 from 2017 you should update all of them step by step till now