Unable to synchronise gmail contacts

I was unable to synchronise my gmail contacts since on the 11th Jan. 2019.  Check out the image attached

Unable to synchronise gmail contacts

udangana udangana
✭✭✭  /  edited January 2019
I was unable to synchronise my gmail contacts since on the 11th Jan. 2019.
 Check out the image attached

Comments

  • Keith Keith
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I don't think Google accept the security level of KaiOS. You have to change the security settings on your Google account. Pity really as Google make some apps for KaiOS but don't trust them. 
  • udangana udangana
    ✭✭✭  / 
    But it was working perfectly before now. What could be the problem?
  • Exactly the same issue here on brand new phone. Can't even add an IMAP email account as it just says unknown error.

    What a terrible os.
  • udangana udangana
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I think they need to upgrade their security. I bought this phone because of the gmail synchronisation, 4g and hot spot. So if gmail synchronisation does not work that's minus one.
  • Islate Islate
    ✭✭  / 
    Try this, go to google contact login and click more, export contacts, and select Vcard (IOS) or something like that. Nokia 8110 accept only Vcard. Copy that to your phone or send it by mail, bluetooth.
  • udangana udangana
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I have done that, but things like notes did not export. But if i was able to import directly from google all information will be available.
  • I got my 8110 4G a week ago and have the same problem
    Pretty frustrating and Gmail contact sync was the main reason I got this phone over other feature phones.
     Please fix this Nokia!
  • udangana udangana
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Islate said:
    Try this, go to google contact login and click more, export contacts, and select Vcard (IOS) or something like that. Nokia 8110 accept only Vcard. Copy that to your phone or send it by mail, bluetooth.
    Just follow this steps for now
  • This is also happening to me. Brand new 8110 4G. The whole reason I bought it was because of contact sync with Gmail. Waiting for solution Nokia. Importing vcards is NOT a fix!
  • udangana said:
    Islate said:
    Try this, go to google contact login and click more, export contacts, and select Vcard (IOS) or something like that. Nokia 8110 accept only Vcard. Copy that to your phone or send it by mail, bluetooth.
    Just follow this steps for now
    I tried this. through bluetooth. The 8110 imports 7 contacts and then freezes?
  • Hi, I fix this problem.
    I synchronized gmail contacts with a mail outlook and imported with it.
    Regards
    giampiero189
  • udangana udangana
    ✭✭✭  / 
    gary1 said:
    udangana said:
    Islate said:
    Try this, go to google contact login and click more, export contacts, and select Vcard (IOS) or something like that. Nokia 8110 accept only Vcard. Copy that to your phone or send it by mail, bluetooth.
    Just follow this steps for now
    I tried this. through bluetooth. The 8110 imports 7 contacts and then freezes?
    Sorry, still give it a try, do not press the back button while the contacts are importing, press only the power button to see progress
  • udangana udangana
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hi, I fix this problem.
    I synchronized gmail contacts with a mail outlook and imported with it.
    Regards
    giampiero189
    That's another too, thanks
  • I tried the vcard through bluetooth. It again froze at 7 contacts. I left it alone for a day and returned and it was still frozen on 7 contacts.

    I tried the Outlook import but my contacts are on the Outlook desktop app and the 8110 wants to sync to Outlook in the cloud, which I don't use.

    This is wholly unsatisfactory :rage:

  • udangana udangana
    ✭✭✭  / 
    gary1 said:
    I tried the vcard through bluetooth. It again froze at 7 contacts. I left it alone for a day and returned and it was still frozen on 7 contacts.

    I tried the Outlook import but my contacts are on the Outlook desktop app and the 8110 wants to sync to Outlook in the cloud, which I don't use.

    This is wholly unsatisfactory :rage:

    Connect your desktop to internet so that your contacts will synchronise then import it on your nokia 8110
  • udangana said:
    gary1 said:
    I tried the vcard through bluetooth. It again froze at 7 contacts. I left it alone for a day and returned and it was still frozen on 7 contacts.

    I tried the Outlook import but my contacts are on the Outlook desktop app and the 8110 wants to sync to Outlook in the cloud, which I don't use.

    This is wholly unsatisfactory :rage:

    Connect your desktop to internet so that your contacts will synchronise then import it on your nokia 8110
    There's a problem with the Outlook account so the desktop won't sync to the cloud.

    I've wasted a lot of time trying to get this to work. Nokia sells the 8110 4G to "Effortlessly import contacts and sync your calendar through Gmail and Outlook." 

    The contact import doesn't work and it's anything but effortless
  • abbas abbas
    ✭✭✭  / 

    "sync Calendar" allows to sync Calendar and...

    "Synchronize" allows to sync Gmails.

    It appears such clear labels must first exist for sync to function thus it is not possible to sync Gmail contacts. To update contacts in the Nokia 8110 4G, importing them twice unfortunately creates duplicates so I hate to first delete the existing contacts  secondly import contacts from the source.
  • udangana udangana
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I can see your phone is running out of space.

    I will advice you to go to settings, device, reset phone and reset your phone. Remove the sd card from phone, clear all csv and vcf file in the sd card, export your contact from gmail, copy the file to your sd card. Put the sd card back in the phone. Goto contact, settings, import contacts, then choose memory card.

    Watch and see what happens, but don't press the back button as this will end the importation. You can press the power button if the screen goes off.
  • KamalS KamalS
    ✭✭  / 
    Wow. Its common. I wasted whole day to figure how to get the contacts.

    Nothing worked. Google wasnt syncing. Outlook was only transferring 100 contacts (I have 1700).

    Finally had to bloddy dig out a old micr sd card to do it. And guess what, it stuck at 47 contacts.

    Had to bite the bullet and than manually exported some 260 important contacts to vcf and synced it thrugh the SD Card.
  • udangana udangana
    ✭✭✭  / 
    KamalS said:
    Wow. Its common. I wasted whole day to figure how to get the contacts.

    Nothing worked. Google wasnt syncing. Outlook was only transferring 100 contacts (I have 1700).

    Finally had to bloddy dig out a old micr sd card to do it. And guess what, it stuck at 47 contacts.

    Had to bite the bullet and than manually exported some 260 important contacts to vcf and synced it thrugh the SD Card.
    Congrats
  • udangana udangana
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 2019
    The problem is now solved, you can now synchronise your Gmail contacts
  • Hello, I would like to know if I can import or synchronize my Exchange Contacts saved on the PC. thank you very much
  • > @udangana said:
    > The problem is now solved, you can now synchronise your Gmail contacts

    No, the Problem is not solved. And importing from a SD-Card is no solution and no syncing.
    I get the Message "This app has not been verified yet by Google …"
  • Keith Keith
    ✭✭✭  / 

    Was working fine but the last week started getting this message. Contacted KaiOS but they haven't resolved it.

  • Hi. This is what I did:

    Step 1: I opened my Google account, I went to Security then set the Less secure apps access to On.

    Step 2: I factory reset my phone;

    Step 3: Upon finishing the boot-up, I launched the Calendar immediately and logged my gmail in. Synced the Calendar. It worked.

    Step 4: I launched Contacts app next and immediately imported thru Gmail. It also worked.


  • Keith Keith
    ✭✭✭  / 

    Had an email from KaiOS support. The Goigle contacts sync is now working again. The problem arose because Google changed some verification setting at their end. It has now been fixed. Just sign out in accounts (in settings) then re sign back in again. No need to reset phone. :-)

Sign In or Register to comment.