Google camera and face recognition

When nokia is going to give a standard level of face recognition in nokia 8.1. No face recognition in 27K INR .

Google camera and face recognition

When nokia is going to give a standard level of face recognition in nokia 8.1. No face recognition in 27K INR . phone is quire bizzare and nokia must give great attention to this problm. Moreover we want google camera as well.
Tagged:

Comments

• There is face recognition right? seems to be working fine with my 8.1

• Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Navin Poonacha said:
    There is face recognition right? seems to be working fine with my 8.1

Its very unsafe and even unlocks the device with eyes closed
  • nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    if anybody like then download gcam version MGC_6.1.021_F1_V1.6.apk.
    If you didn't set it on hdr+enhanced it will give better image than old gcam on front camera.
    https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/

✭✭✭✭  / 
    If you didn't set it on hdr+enhanced it will give better image than old gcam on front camera.

Will try it for sure .. 
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Argho Sarkar Oh, my phone started on off after downloading this, I had to reset and recovery my phone. This app is crashing phones app. It's malware. 😓
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited February 12

Will try it for sure .. 
    Goto BSG MOD Settings just enable HDR+Enhanced in Portrait Mode.Portrait gets work.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @Argho Sarkar Oh, my phone started on off after downloading this, I had to reset and recovery my phone. This app is crashing phones app. It's malware. 😓
    Working fine in my device.. 
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @nitin kachare couldnt find the setting page.. It's different in mine than shown in the pic above.. I downloaded the version highlighted by you
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    We will see major changes in our devices only through OS updates because it's quite clear now Nokia won't be adding extra features on their Android One devices regardless of the price point of the devices. Nokia is solely dependent on Google for any type of feature upgrade whether face unlock, screen recorder or anything else. This could change but I don't see this happening anytime soon.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @nitin kachare couldnt find the setting page.. It's different in mine than shown in the pic above.. I downloaded the version highlighted by you

• NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @wilson shrestha what about front camera issues ? They won't release update for it?
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @wilson shrestha what about front camera issues ? They won't release update for it?
    Yup they will eventually but it's hard to tell when. At the moment I think they are too busy preparing for MWC. Their main problem seems to be releasing too many devices at a short interval of time and completely ignoring the bugs and maintainence of previously launched devices. 

They probably know and listen to all the complains and bug report about all their phone but they just don't have time and resource to resolve all these so they tend to ignore them. 
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @wilson shrestha  phew! you've said what is going in my head. Btw we all are trying to not let them ignore 8.1 front camera issue by tweeting and supporting each other as it has default software bug which everyone who has 8.1 has been facing.
    Btw which device you are using recently?
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited February 12
    @wilson shrestha  phew! you've said what is going in my head. Btw we all are trying to not let them ignore 8.1 front camera issue by tweeting and supporting each other as it has default software bug which everyone who has 8.1 has been facing.
    Btw which device you are using recently?
    I am also using the Nokia 8.1 now. It just have been over a week I have used this device. I will try and support you guys on twitter about this issue. 

PS: Yup I checked out the tweets. Let's see if we get any official response from Nokia on twitter about this but I'm quite pessimistic about getting a official response. I think it will take months for them to come up with a suitable response.
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    whoever facing front camera issue on Nokia 8.1 can say and support nokiapoweruser on twitter. 
    And also give your reviews on Nokia camera app on play Google. 🙏
  • Can anybody tell me recent updated ported Google Camera app for 8.1, above poco f1 not working in my nokia 8.1 
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    whoever facing front camera issue on Nokia 8.1 can say and support nokiapoweruser on twitter. 
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  /