Auto brightness sensor sucks

Nokia 6.1 plus is a good phone. But it's auto brightness sensor is driving me crazy.

Auto brightness sensor sucks

Nokia 6.1 plus is a good phone. But it's auto brightness sensor is driving me crazy. Even without any change in lighting condition the screen will siddenly become too bright or too dim. And sometimes when using the phone in darkness, if I set the brightness manually to the lowest setting, it automatically increases the brightness, hurting my eyes. It doesn't let me to set the brightness to the lowest. So, it becomes very difficult to use the phone in darkness. Adaptive brightness sucks. It is just a gimmick. Just like adaptive battery. 😣😓
Tagged:

Comments

• That's due to Android pie... It has got something called adaptive brightness... It changes brightness according to apps and ambient light .. I also don't like it. But Google says the feature learns user behaviour and gets better over time.... Let's see what happens ... U should help it by adjusting brightness manually when u need. 
  • Is there an option to disable this feature anyone?
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 16
    geeta said:
    Is there an option to disable this feature anyone?
    Yes you can disable this feature if you want.
    Go to Settings -> Display -> Adaptive Brightness. Then turn it off.

Quick Note: There is a search bar at the top of the Setting app where you can search for any settings like adaptive brightness, adaptive battery etc. just by typing. Its easier to navigate to individual options like this.
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Nokia 6.1 plus is a good phone. But it's auto brightness sensor is driving me crazy. Even without any change in lighting condition the screen will siddenly become too bright or too dim. And sometimes when using the phone in darkness, if I set the brightness manually to the lowest setting, it automatically increases the brightness, hurting my eyes. It doesn't let me to set the brightness to the lowest. So, it becomes very difficult to use the phone in darkness. Adaptive brightness sucks. It is just a gimmick. Just like adaptive battery. 😣😓
    Well I don't think it's the auto brightness sensor that's causing the problem. Its just that Nokia released a buggy Software update for Nokia 6.1 Plus and other phones. 

If it's really causing you so much stress then you can disable this feature like I mentioned above.
  • Same problem to my 6.1+ & 7plus after pie update, presume it is Nokia software bugs as normal in orea.
  • This is because of the "Adaptive Brightness" setting. It doesn't even work as Google intended it to be lol. 
  • prspuri9 prspuri9
    ✭✭  / 
    You can retrain the adaptive brightness by searching for device health services in all apps and pressing the reset adaptive brightness 
  • As others pointed out, this is due to Android Pie's Adaptive Brightness feature not the sensors. Adaptive brighness is very aggressive to adjjust the brightness levels. I have experienced fluctuations at different corners in the same room. Interestingly, you can teach how you like to keep the brightness while using different apps at different time. However, I have never successfully got it to the minimum, no matter how much I try. Most of the time its a hit and miss, but it does learn your levels, like when I open Amazon Prime Video, its sets the level a tad bit higher. Its unfinished at present. Hope google will work on it.
  • Jimmmy Jimmmy
     / 
    I have the same problem on Nokia 8. The level of automatic brightness is too aggressive.  Minimum brightness cannot be set and is very low in the darker room.  It does not respond well to the change of light.  I tried the reset so I wonder if it will help.
  • Mohamed Ahmed2 Mohamed Ahmed2
    ✭✭  / 
    You have to make sure to disable adaptive brightness to be able to adjust brightness manually.