Long Read - Nokia’s next-gen phones offer more than just nostalgia

Hi everyone, A long form article on HMD Global was published on Digital Trends yesterday afternoon.

Long Read - Nokia’s next-gen phones offer more than just nostalgia

matteo.m matteo.m
Staff member  /  edited February 1

Hi everyone,

A long form article on HMD Global was published on Digital Trends yesterday afternoon. It features a few interviews with HMD Global's employees, including Pekka (Rantala) our CMO. I know it's long read, but in case you are interested to learn more about the team behind the new Nokia phones, then I think it's worth your time.

Let us know your thoughts.

Link here to the feature piece: https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/exclusive-hmd-global-return-of-nokia/

Comments

• neng neng
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @matteo.m,

It's been quite a long article to go through, but yes as you said definitely worth a read  :D  if one wants to know how HMD was formed and who are behind this successful partnership. 
    My thought is clear; the leadership team is full of experienced and passionate people who look forward to bring next-generation of smartphones and feature phones that people can trust, just like the way old Nokia did. And I think HMD has clearly lived up to their fans' expectations and I hope they will continue to deliver and amaze people with their creations.
  • keith keith
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I read the article and thought it was good. I think it sums up HMD well. All the OS and extras are controlled by partners. Hence why when things are poor they don't get fixed in a timely manner if at all. KaiOS is a good example and the Java based Smart Feature Phone OS as found on the Nokia 3310 3g. Many flaws in these OS and not fixed. 
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    A really long article, but it was interesting reading.  :smiley:
  • Kozina Kozina
    ✭✭  / 
    Very interesting and long article,i enjoy reading it 😉
  • A really long read. But enjoyed reading it. Remembered Pekka Rantala saying some.of those exact words while he was at Bengaluru fan event. 
    Glad to be reading this from a Nokia phone.
  • TabreezSuhan TabreezSuhan
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes this it....
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Nice article, thanks for sharing it @matteo.m, please keep doing this.

Now, we all want to know HMD's biggest secret. Not what the next new phone is, but what the letters HMD really stand for! How many stars do I have to get before I will learn this secret?! :D.
  • matteo.m matteo.m
    Staff member  / 
    madbilly said:
    Nice article, thanks for sharing it @matteo.m, please keep doing this.

Now, we all want to know HMD's biggest secret. Not what the next new phone is, but what the letters HMD really stand for! How many stars do I have to get before I will learn this secret?! :D.
    All the stars!!
  • neng neng
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @madbilly, it's hard to guess what HMD might stand for, but could it be "Home Made Devices" as HMD Global is considered to be Home of Nokia Phones??? 
    It might not be true, just trying to guess lol.  :D