stereo audio not being transmitted

I'm getting mono audio whether I use Bluetooth headphones or regular headphones. It was playing stereo a few days ago and now its just stopped.

stereo audio not being transmitted

I'm getting mono audio whether I use Bluetooth headphones or regular headphones. It was playing stereo a few days ago and now its just stopped. I tried other brands of headphones too. uninstalled amazon music app and music player and reinstalled. still plays only mono.
anyone here who can help?

Comments

• user389 user389
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 18
    In Settings search for mono - there is an option to 'combine audio channels' in the accessibility preferences, that you may have turned on by accident.
    Does this help?
    --
    Hans
  • Thanks Hans. But that's not working. I've tried it. Any other option?
  • user389 user389
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Is both online and offline music always playing in mono? - If you selected a low bitrate or if the phone is in data saving mode that may result in mono audio for online music. Please notice, I did not test, only guessing now.
    Other than that I'm out of ideas, since you already tried both wired and Bluetooth headsets to rule out mechanical issues.
    --
    Hans

• dsun84 dsun84
    ✭✭  / 
    user389 said:
    In Settings search for mono - there is an option to 'combine audio channels' in the accessibility preferences, that you may have turned on by accident.
    Does this help?
    --
    Hans
    Well I'm sure I haven't selected this by myself and been struggling with monaural sound just like OP. Hans, thanks for this one.