Camera software issue

Need much camera software improvement for Nokia 7plus.... Anybody face the issue .... kindly share

Camera software issue

manna manna
✭✭✭  / 
Need much camera software improvement for Nokia 7plus....
Anybody face the issue .... kindly share

Comments

• Daniel G M Daniel G M
    ✭✭✭  / 
    • A manual zoom slider would be nice to have while taking photos and video recording. (Not talking about the 1x 2x zoom)
    • Also exposure, ISO, WB lock option for video.
    • Shutter speed greater than 4 seconds for photos.
    • Would be nice if they were 'actually' able to make use of the dual lens.
  • manna manna
    ✭✭✭  / 
    • A manual zoom slider would be nice to have while taking photos and video recording. (Not talking about the 1x 2x zoom)
    • Also exposure, ISO, WB lock option for video.
    • Shutter speed greater than 4 seconds for photos.
    • Would be nice if they were 'actually' able to make use of the dual lens.
    I am also feel that dual lens not working together..... even in bokhe mode.
  • Hammad Khalid Hammad Khalid
    ✭✭✭  / 
    no video pause button
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    even pro options not available in video mode.
    & i think a tutorial video of using the pro mode in details should be bundled with camera app which will benefit novice users.
  • prasad134 prasad134
    ✭✭✭  / 

Check this out....Vivo V11 has SD660 and still can capture images at 32s shutter speed...simply means the processor isnt the limiting factor (I felt before that it is only supported by high end SD800+ chips)

Nokia is really not putting its best effort in improving the camera software...if the hardware isnt the limiting factor , all blame goes to the software department
    Neither the AI in the SD660 chip is fully utilized nor the camera sensors...feels like i should have bought Poco F1 instead...😢😢😢😢
  • prasad134 prasad134
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 18

Poco F1 now has 960 fps slow mo as well as a low livhy mode which takes 8 photos and merges them into one better quality shot...
    Feels like xiaomi is better at providing updates than Nokia...
    Nokia provides monthly security updates...thats good...but with such a price tag when you dont provide updates like these to your phones people wont just stay with you for your security updates...what people want is a better phone overall...
    Worse than this is every monthly update you provide brings in new bugs and performance issues...
    So means no added features plus bugs in you so called "Android One" promised updates...dont you think you should be paying attention , HMD?
  • AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 18
    prasad134 said:

Check this out....Vivo V11 has SD660 and still can capture images at 32s shutter speed...simply means the processor isnt the limiting factor (I felt before that it is only supported by high end SD800+ chips)

Nokia is really not putting its best effort in improving the camera software...if the hardware isnt the limiting factor , all blame goes to the software department
    Neither the AI in the SD660 chip is fully utilized nor the camera sensors...feels like i should have bought Poco F1 instead...😢😢😢😢
    It has better camera than Poco F1. I have used both the phone. But they should provide more shutter open time & option to use telephoto lens in pro mode
  • prasad134 prasad134
    ✭✭✭  / 
    What was all the hype about ZEISS optics and all? Xiaomi is doing it much better than your hyped "Zeiss" tech...how can someone take 2 years since release of Nokia 6 to polish just a camera software? Everythng else is all stock...it takes 2 years to just make 1 app better? 
    All you do is update your "Support" app every now and then...I dont know what for...
    You werent just able to give us one custom app properly...all that Zeiss optics hype is of no use at all
  • prasad134 prasad134
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 18
    Well i dont know much but what i have experienced form my friend's Pocophone is that it has more punchier colour which makes the photos really look like that of Samsung's S9 equivalent
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 18
    prasad134 said:
    What was all the hype about ZEISS optics and all? Xiaomi is doing it much better than your hyped "Zeiss" tech...how can someone take 2 years since release of Nokia 6 to polish just a camera software? Everythng else is all stock...it takes 2 years to just make 1 app better? 
    All you do is update your "Support" app every now and then...I dont know what for...
    You werent just able to give us one custom app properly...all that Zeiss optics hype is of no use at all
    They gave hardware but forgot software
  • prasad134 prasad134
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Its been 1 year almost since Nokia 7 Plus release....whats the use of having brains inside but not using it? They should have used the hardware properly if they have that potential...all they give is monthly updates with all new bugs for users to experience and report them and then they will fix it after multiple updates...i m seriously feeling i wasted 27k here...
    Would anyone just lile to spend 27k and get bugs every month with no better features for the camera app? Android one promise is to give monthly security updates not bugs in every update
    Better not to get updates for 2-3 months but to be on a stable build like other companies...
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    prasad134 said:
    Its been 1 year almost since Nokia 7 Plus release....whats the use of having brains inside but not using it? They should have used the hardware properly if they have that potential...all they give is monthly updates with all new bugs for users to experience and report them and then they will fix it after multiple updates...i m seriously feeling i wasted 27k here...
    Would anyone just lile to spend 27k and get bugs every month with no better features for the camera app? Android one promise is to give monthly security updates not bugs in every update
    Better not to get updates for 2-3 months but to be on a stable build like other companies...
    I only use Nokia camera when I require telephoto, rest of the time I use pixel 3 mod 🤣(Pixel mod is best). They should atleast fix bugs but they lack on developers 😐
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    prasad134 said:
    Well i dont know much but what i have experienced form my friend's Pocophone is that it has more punchier colour which makes the photos really look like that of Samsung's S9 equivalent
    Poco just boost the colour which looks unnatural (for me). Nokia produces natural colours with more details & in low light poco is no where near
  • Daniel G M Daniel G M
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I just use open camera and capture raw and post process myself. I'll keep doing that till Nokia fixes their camera app.
    As far as Video is concerned I'll use the stock app only if I want OZO audio.
  • prasad134 prasad134
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @aniket thakur whenever your exams are over please put up a comparison post between 7+ and Poco...will help to clear out everyone's doubt actually 😅😅
  • manna said:
    Need much camera software improvement for Nokia 7plus....
    Anybody face the issue .... kindly share
    Camera app stucks many times now and it gets okey only after restart the phone.
  • praveenp praveenp
    ✭✭✭  / 
    As a Mobile Photographer....
    All I need is SHUTTER SPEED TO BE RAISED BEYOND THE CURRENT SET LIMIT OF "JUST" 4 SECONDS AND RAISING THE ISO LIMIT BEYOND THE CURRENT ONE OF 800... At least 20seconds Shutter Speed and 3200 ISO...
    PRO MODE IS ALL ABOUT EXPLORING THE CAMERA FEATURES, BUT NOKIA IS LIMITING IT... 
    Many other Chinese brands offer a much better Pro Mode camera, with the same processors...

NOKIA MUST IMPROVE THE PRO MODE IN ITS CAMERA...

Hey @mmatteo.m"
    PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS FEEDBACK... AND IF POSSIBLE (I KNOW IT IS POSSIBLE)... ADD THESE NEW FEATURES AS LATEST AS POSSIBLE...
  • r8805 r8805
     /  edited January 20
    prasad134 said:
    Poco just boost the colour which looks unnatural (for me). Nokia produces natural colours with more details & in low light poco is no where near
    Have both the devices. Yes the tone of the color of two phones are different. But overall poco f1 output is better than nokia 7 plus. Even many of the cases its better than nokia 8.1 too.

poco gives more punchier output. Color looks more vibrant.

Bdw Just try Google camera with your pocof1 latest update and see how it can beat many of the flagship devices.
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    prasad134 said:

Poco F1 now has 960 fps slow mo as well as a low livhy mode which takes 8 photos and merges them into one better quality shot...
    Feels like xiaomi is better at providing updates than Nokia...
    Nokia provides monthly security updates...thats good...but with such a price tag when you dont provide updates like these to your phones people wont just stay with you for your security updates...what people want is a better phone overall...
    Worse than this is every monthly update you provide brings in new bugs and performance issues...
    So means no added features plus bugs in you so called "Android One" promised updates...dont you think you should be paying attention , HMD?
    lol...merging photos with different exposures just called HDR... xioami is just trying to advertise in different way for different peoples. 😆 
  • Here is the camera comparison of nokia 8.1 and poco f1.

See and find the difference.

• wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    prasad134 said:
    Well Carl Zeiss..  tied up with nokia for lumia brand....where zeiss optic technicians worked with lumia camera xperts together & that resulted better photography....but scenario has changed nokia is now of HMD's...they have rescued the Zeiss brand from Microsoft and using it in their devices....but its still not sure is the zeiss intelligence working in background ... donno but hope in future it will come up with some spectacular innovations. 
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 20
    r8805 said:
    prasad134 said:
    Have both the devices. Yes the tone of the color of two phones are different. But overall poco f1 output is better than nokia 7 plus. Even many of the cases its better than nokia 8.1 too.

poco gives more punchier output. Color looks more vibrant.

Bdw Just try Google camera with your pocof1 latest update and see how it can beat many of the flagship devices.
    Poco look unnatural. Nokia has natural colours. Now it's personal preference. In low light poco sucks even when u use gcam.Neither Poco nor Nokia 7 plus beat flagship. Nokia 8.1 is far better than Poco F1 (in terms of hardware) & when you use gcam it destroys poco
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @prasad134 ; .. take a reference... read this. .fantastically done by madbilly
    https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/40420/what-i-learnt-in-dubai-cameras/p1

• prasad134 prasad134
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @r8805 this is Nokia 7 Plus page...we dont want to talk about 8.1 as we already know camera is much better on 8.1
    @wyk I know they will maybe bring out spectacular innovations in the future models...but lets not go into the future and stay in the present where people are still using 7 Plus...if people start turning backs on Nokia now only then it would be a mess for them only...I m quite sure people wont just stay with Nokia for getting the security updates that prevent remote attacks and othr vulnerabilities...what they need a good bug free phone with a good camera also...
    Bcoz camera app is the only custom made piece of software in this phone...and the Zeiss branding...people had high hopes from HMD
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @prasad134 absolutely ...HMD is now seems fighting with continuous pressure of Nokia fans..  & their device based marketing strategy. 😆
    while its also true ....HMD hasnt still managed to get a lot of nokia patents from MS.. & as they are not well experienced in mobile market with Nokia branding. we can just hope. 
  • prasad134 prasad134
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Can anyone confirm what's the capability of SD660 chipset to handle video fps? Atleast what i have seen is 240fps with phones like Vivo V11...can it go past than this? And will HMD improve from its 120 fps?
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    prasad134 said:
    Can anyone confirm what's the capability of SD660 chipset to handle video fps? Atleast what i have seen is 240fps with phones like Vivo V11...can it go past than this? And will HMD improve from its 120 fps?
    240fps
  • prasad134 prasad134
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hope HMD will give atleast 240fps if not more 
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    prasad134 said:
    Hope HMD will give atleast 240fps if not more 
    It can't give us more than 240fps 😛
  • prasad134 prasad134
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @aniket thakur ya even if it gives 240fps with improved shutter speed users would be so happy....
    I wasnt sure about whether the limit is 240fps of SD660...well lets hope for the best from HMD