Video recording always not focus

Hello, i have a trouble with my nokia 5 device. If i want to take a video, my result video is not keep focus.. always blur.. somebody know to help me...

Video recording always not focus

user1528030880619 user1528030880619
 /  edited October 19
Hello, i have a trouble with my nokia 5 device. If i want to take a video, my result video is not keep focus.. always blur.. somebody know to help me... Tks for yours help..

Comments

• user1521993911154 user1521993911154
     /  edited October 6
    Just been chatting with support. There is a known problem with video focus. They are hoping to fix it in the next update....
  • user1528646549140 user1528646549140
     /  edited October 6
    Is there a way to switch off auto focus in video mode. No good qaulity videos can be made as it records the focus in and out zoom as well and it comes out blurry.
  • marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭  /  edited July 29

well, it's really annoying... video mode is always trying to get in focus... videos are UNUSABLE! OMG...

My new Nokia 5 has a NEW FIRMWARE. Can you point out what the firmware of your camera is?

Mine is:

v200.0070.10,1.18.0

v020.0100.05

• marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭  / 

I made a video of the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCnwObpllVM

Here is another one with my previous Nokia 5 showing SYSTEM failure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZnVMn1_dV4

• marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭  /  edited June 19

well, this is surely a SOFTWARE problem, dear Nokia! (HMD)

I tried several Apps (all with the same issue) and i can finally see a PERFECT VIDEO PROGRESSIVE SMOOTH FOCUS with this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.camdev.lite.camera360

So, Nokia, please UPDATE the CAMERA SOFTWARE!!! This is nonsense!

• marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭  /  edited June 19

well, tech support helps nothing in this department. Had to make few contacts to get a CLEAR REPLY: there is nothing they can do about this problem right now, and i have a few days to return the phone...

My question is, which FIRMWARES are affected?

damn... :

• user1513126527335 user1513126527335
     /  edited June 20
    Lo mismo me pasa, no enfoca video
  • marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭  / 

Can you please tell me the FIRMWARE REVISION of the camera? Settings -> System -> About Phone

/  edited June 20
    V200.0070,.10,1.18.0
    V020.0100.05
  • marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭  /  edited June 20

The same as mine! This is a NEW firmware. My previous NOKIA 5 had a lower firmware and didn't have the FOCUS problem in VIDEO mode...

Now i'm going back to the store to test all the phones they have???

OMG...

• No focus video camera
  • marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭  / 

@user1529443251940, what camera firmware do you have?

/  edited June 20

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6CUtU77nuPbqSo1G6     Couple of short videos showing the focus problem using Stock camera then much less of a problem (almost negligible) using Hedge Cam 2.  

• cyberpunkrocker cyberpunkrocker
     /  edited June 20

Found a kind of workaround for Nokia 5 focus problem: Install Open Camera from Google Play, switch to manual focus in video mode, play around with the focus a bit then switch back to autofocus. That seemed to fix the "pumping" of the focus at least temporarily, provided you continue using Open Camera as your camera application.

• marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭  / 

HI Steve! I saw the videos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/6CUtU77nuPbqSo1G6

That is clear has water.

What i wonder is: ARE ALL nokia 5 affected? My previous version was not! I don't think the June SECURITY PATCH was the problem...

Nokia says nothing concrete about this!!! This week i'm going to the store and make tests on other nokia 5 units.

• marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭  /  edited June 22

Do we ALL have firmware

V200.0070,.10,1.18.0

V020.0100.05

??

• Bit more info. The front camera doesn't seem to have the same problem. I will do a proper test later and post the results along side my previous tests.

Also does anyone know what is supposed to happen when you long press the screen during a recording. The focus square appears with what looks like a brightness slider next to it. That seems to stop the hunting for the few seconds it is activated.
  • I was wrong.  The front camera does the same thing with the stock app but less dramatic.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6CUtU77nuPbqSo1G6

• marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭  / 

Yes. FRONT camera has the same problem (does not show much as the rear camera).

Wish Nokia would make a statement on this... I don't know if we should return our devices or not.

Nokia should be more organized. A forum is a great place to debate problems, but users waste a LONG time with problems... i have wasted 2 months on problems with NOKIA 5... and i keep insisting just to find new ones :

• ujinjinjin ujinjinjin
     /  edited June 22
    Had same issue, replaced phone, and everything worked as it should, till phone was running on android 7. Then I updated it to 8.1 and those issues appeared again, and it appears in all of apps. Have same firmware as you guys.

V200.0070,.10,1.18.0
    V020.0100.05

P. S. It helps if I turn off auto focus in Open Camera application, but in that case I should focus manually every time I move camera and its not cool.
  • ujinjinjin ujinjinjin
     /  edited June 22
    As I said, I already replaced my phone, and it didn't helped. So should I return it or will there be a fix patch?
  • marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭  / 

No official statement from Nokia until now.

BEST answer i got from support was "we have no solution for this problem".

/  edited June 22
    I just did a factory reset and no change.
  • marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭  / 

You won't go there with a factory reset. This is a firmware / software issue. I just wanna know if it's affecting ALL NOKIA 5 firmwares.

• marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭  / 

You won't go there with a factory reset. This is a firmware / software issue. I just wanna know if it affecting ALL NOKIA 5 firmwares.

/  edited June 22
    Ta. I needed to anyway. Just chatting to a support agent and she suggested returning for a repair!
  • marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭  / 

What will they do in repair?? It will come back the same!!!

i will ONLY GIVE my phone to repair IF and ONLY IF Nokia assured that there is a FIRMWARE PATCH that must be applied by them! Otherwise, IF there is a version of the nokia 5 out there that has NO problems, i prefer to SWAP it at the store, because i have a few days to do that!

Problem is... if NOKIA says nothing about this, i will swap phones every 2 weeks UNTIL:

1) i give UP nokia

2) i found a phone that has no problems!

again... this is nonsense...

• marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭  /  edited June 25

Tested a nokia 5 with previous camera firmware (v100...) and it does not have the focus problem (i updated to latest June Security patch). So... not all firmwares are affected.

• marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭  / 

Well, since there is no solution for this, are your guys swapping for another NOKIA 5 or send the unit to tech support?

I think i will swap for another NOKIA 5 with previous firmware, but i would like nokia to say something about this case...

Prev1