Android Q Leaked on Video, Shows New Notification Gestures and More Privacy Controls

Highlights * Android Q might finally be the one to bring system-wide dark mode * Users can also check why an app needs certain permissions * Gesture for dismissing notifications has also been reversed Video by xdadevelopers Android Q is still months away from its official announcement, but a leaked build has already spilled the beans on a ton of features that will arrive with it.

Android Q Leaked on Video, Shows New Notification Gestures and More Privacy Controls

nitheesh nitheesh
✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 18

Highlights

• Android Q might finally be the one to bring system-wide dark mode
  • Users can also check why an app needs certain permissions
  • Gesture for dismissing notifications has also been reversed
Video by xdadevelopers

Android Q is still months away from its official announcement, but a leaked build has already spilled the beans on a ton of features that will arrive with it. An in-depth analysis of the leaked Android Q build, which was reportedly created in January and had the Android Q security patch for February, has suggested that the upcoming major Android refresh will bring features such as a system-wide dark mode, more privacy controls when it comes to app permissions, a ton of new developer options and accessibility tools among others. Now, apart from screenshots reported earlier this week, the same report has included a video that details the changes.

The leaked Android Q build that was detailed by XDA Developers is now featured in a video, which is essentially a rundown of the features we saw earlier this week, but does showcase a few new things. We see that in the leaked build of Android Q, users will now have to slide notifications towards the right to dismiss them, while sliding them towards left would open icons for snooze and notifications buttons. Also new, is how apps are arranged in the permissions section. Now, in the permissions section, checkmark toggles depicting an app's permission status have been removed in favor of a redesigned view for each app which clearly mentions why the particular app requires the permissions in the first place. This should help users to view app permissions with ease and also choose to restrict which permission they want to grant or deny.

Read more: https://gadgets.ndtv.com/android/news/android-q-leaked-on-video-shows-new-notification-gestures-and-more-privacy-controls-1979544

Comments

• petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @nitheesh ;
    Thank you. Super Preview of Android Q :)
  • nitheesh nitheesh
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 18
    @petrus you are welcome :). I really liked the privacy and permission controls. What do you think?
  • petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    nitheesh said:
    @petrus you are welcome :). I really liked the privacy and permission controls. What do you think?
    I agree, this is a very useful feature. :smiley:  
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Still waiting for Google to implement full screen gesture navigation on Android Q though. Hope we see it in later builds. 😁
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    more interesting is the upcoming guesses of Q named foods then Google's announcement  ... it will really be tough to find 😆. 
  • DabidsPH DabidsPH
    ✭✭  / 
    OH. MY. GOD. 

Android Pie just released last year and now we have Android Q already in the works? Amazeballs! <3 
  • nitheesh nitheesh
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 21
    @DabidsPH It's under development.
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    What if Nokia is partnering with Google to bring the upcoming Android Q Developer Preview 1 on at least one of their Nokia phones as early as March of 2019. As you see if this happens it will be a major improvement in previous year's plan where Google introduced Nokia 7 Plus to Android Pie Developer Preview 3. 

I know this is a bit of a stretch but like they say a man can dream. 😂
  • Jonesqalez838 Jonesqalez838
    ✭✭  / 
    Let's hope my Nokia 7 plus gets it quickly. ;)