Forget the "Android One" promise HMD

Please stop giving us monthly updates All these updates do is introduce new bugs every month I m sick of lagging and freezing issues with this phone now I have…

Forget the "Android One" promise HMD

prasad134 prasad134
✭✭✭  / 
Please stop giving us monthly updates
All these updates do is introduce new bugs every month
I m sick of lagging and freezing issues with this phone now
I have done factory reset 3-4 times now since i got the phone
Its better you give us updates once in 2 to 3 months but give us stable updates with no new bugs
Take your time to fix old bugs and then give updates
We dont want new bugs every month HMD

Comments

• KSD KSD
    ✭✭  / 
    I too stand with your view. I need my phone to be in good condition,But with each update a new bug is introduced. What is the point in giving security patches regularly when the basic features like wifi don't work properly. 

I've expected a lot and spent 26k on this mobile, even though there are mobiles which give better value for money with the same specs or even better. 
  • vlaga vlaga
    ✭✭  / 
    They should change it to "Android None". It would be better if we don't get any updates. I gave 300 euros for this phone one week ago and I'm very sorry for that decision. Android One in HMD case is total disaster. 
  • What kind of bugs r u facing ?
  • thetruehooha thetruehooha
    ✭✭  / 
    Yeah it's true. if they can't keep the phone stable and power saved, the update is meaningless
  • KSD KSD
    ✭✭  / 
    What kind of bugs r u facing ?
    1.Wi issue post pie update, we cant connect to wifi network until the phone is rebooted. 
    2.System UI doesn't respond sometimes.
    3.when we try to uninstall an app or clear cache of an app or even history in google chrome, the phone freezes for sometime. In the worst case we have to soft reset it.
    4.There is fault with type c port implementation, according to many users, there is problem with charging after several months of usage. We can't do anything about it now.

So what's the point in having regular updates when these basic features are not working properly and are not able to be fixed. Hmd global introduces a new bug with new update.

Ps. This is completely my view on this device.please don't blame me for my opinion.

• Kristian Aalto Kristian Aalto
     /  edited January 19
    Buy different brand's phone if you have problems! It's easy solution. I'm very happy with android one program and monthly updates.
  • vlaga vlaga
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm facing almost all bugs what people mentioned here. My previous/current phone is Motorola g5s plus and I was always disappointed how Lenovo destroyed Motorola software support. That is reason why I gave chance to Nokia. But now my opinion is that phone which is working and doesn't have latest updates is muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better to have.

1. My biggest issue is charging port which is working but it's losen like grandmother's teeth and it's disaster just waiting to happen.

2. Low brightness is too high. I live in country where is very dark during winter and using phone is painful.

3. Software bugs are not that big concern because they can be fixed. Question is will they be fixed and when. But restarting phone for every stupid **** and googling for solutions is not my idea of having a tool which supposed to make my live easier. Imagine if you sit in your car and before driving and during driving you need to reset it because it is using too much fuel, or turn light is not responding and nonsense like that. Phone is tool for some people, not camera for instagram, and messaging toy.

I'm still using my old Motorola as phone and i'm trying to sell this bullshit phone. But it looks like other people are not naive like i was. :-)
  • Daniel G M Daniel G M
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Switched from Moto M to 7 Plus.
    They call it the phone you can 'rely' on.
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    android one is that kind of platform...where monthly security patches are being pushed to prevent many vulnerabilities, zero day attackers or to stop various malicious codes to run....& as it directly comes from Google... naturally OEMs need to test in on their devices before Public release. & that causes various troubles to various users....whereas max of them are user dependant.

soo decision is yours to stay with android one or else. cuz android one is as it is. 
  • prasad134 prasad134
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 19
    @wyk I have no problem with Android one...instead I m happy about it...but in the name of Android one if HMD is pushing updates monthly just to introduce new bugs then its kind of pointless as you can see that attackers are less common than the bugs we face in day-to-day usage
    All those vulnerabilities should be fixed ofcourse...but what happens if your day to day usage suffers because of these bugs and these bugs become a bigger headache than those hackers
    So it would be better to fix the old bugs first with surety of no new bugs...not to release updates instead just to keep the name of Android One
  • vlaga vlaga
    ✭✭  /  edited January 19
    Probably there is problem in saving costs and there is simply not enough smart programmers who can deal with bugs. And it seems like HMD is getting new models every few days. They are developing big problem similar to Googles problem with android in general - fragmentation. Too many models with very similar specifications.
  • prasad134 prasad134
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 19
    HMD just wants us to change our phones i guess...its just releasing new phones with buggy updates to our phones which arent even 6 months old now...i got this phone in July...and i m tired of lagging and freezing issues
    Why to release so many models and create a headache for themselves i dont know....
    Well for now i m least bothered about the remote attacker vulnerabilities and other security updates...i just want a phone which i can use without freezing issues...

• prasad134 prasad134
    ✭✭✭  / 
    HMD is doing a great job of security updates...but the day-to-day usability of the phone is really degraded since its upgraded to Pie... Oreo was almost bug free...i enjoyed Oreo more than Pie on this phone...
    Come on HMD, dont make people turn their backs on you...
  • vlaga said:
    I'm facing almost all bugs what people mentioned here. My previous/current phone is Motorola g5s plus and I was always disappointed how Lenovo destroyed Motorola software support. That is reason why I gave chance to Nokia. But now my opinion is that phone which is working and doesn't have latest updates is muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better to have.

1. My biggest issue is charging port which is working but it's losen like grandmother's teeth and it's disaster just waiting to happen.

2. Low brightness is too high. I live in country where is very dark during winter and using phone is painful.

3. Software bugs are not that big concern because they can be fixed. Question is will they be fixed and when. But restarting phone for every stupid **** and googling for solutions is not my idea of having a tool which supposed to make my live easier. Imagine if you sit in your car and before driving and during driving you need to reset it because it is using too much fuel, or turn light is not responding and nonsense like that. Phone is tool for some people, not camera for instagram, and messaging toy.

I'm still using my old Motorola as phone and i'm trying to sell this bullshit phone. But it looks like other people are not naive like i was. :-)
    I bought my 7plus on may 1st last year and since then i have never faced a single issue, the only thing that is dissatisfactory is nokia's camera app and for that i use gcam. May be its not their software may be its certain devices with different components inside thats causing the problem. Nokia really shoudl do QC thoroughly and make a  single global phone and not make them region specific.
  • vlaga vlaga
    ✭✭  / 
    Maybe first series of the phone were fine. Then they've done face lift and destroyed everything. :-) Maybe this too bright screen is now in every phone, but before there was some other screen.

Yesterday I was testing phone with friends, clarity of phone conversation and at one moment sound was completely loset during call. Switching to speaker didn't help, zero sound. Also friend has Nokia 6 and sound on that phone is much better then on 7 plus. And screen is normally dark on lowest setting of course. So, maybe first Nokias were much better quality.
  • vlaga said:
    Maybe first series of the phone were fine. Then they've done face lift and destroyed everything. :-) Maybe this too bright screen is now in every phone, but before there was some other screen.

Yesterday I was testing phone with friends, clarity of phone conversation and at one moment sound was completely loset during call. Switching to speaker didn't help, zero sound. Also friend has Nokia 6 and sound on that phone is much better then on 7 plus. And screen is normally dark on lowest setting of course. So, maybe first Nokias were much better quality.
    I too have Nokia 7 Plus, i think you mistook my comment for Nokia 7 which was a predecessor.
  • I think I made a mistake when buying this phone every update means new errors when we get stable performance? I prefer to sell this device because of its system
  • scynthero scynthero
    ✭✭  / 
    And they even can't fix problems with Novatek display controller, and those were there since the day one.
  • KSD KSD
    ✭✭  / 
    I too bought this device because of this android one program, but i am very disappointed that with every new update we are encountering new problems and they are not solving them. So, when does the device become stable and perform like when it was on oreo?
  • OD Na Ka OD Na Ka
    ✭✭  / 
    I've been using Nokia 7 plus and have never encountered any issue even before and after the update something else might be lagging your phone
  • Hammad Khalid Hammad Khalid
    ✭✭✭  / 
    best is to root your phone 
    install any custom rom