Original plastic case for back of Nokia 8 Sirocco

My OE case has stress fractures at the corners and the center top and bottom sections.

Original plastic case for back of Nokia 8 Sirocco

My OE case has stress fractures at the corners and the center top and bottom sections. I've had the phone a couple of months, never dropped it, and removed the case only twice since original installation. It's only plastic, so I'm not complaining, but I'd like to get a new one before it cracks apart completely. I contacted Nokia Support to ask how to get a new one, and said I would pay for it, and pay for shipping too, and if they didn't make it, please tell me who does. Their answer was to check Amazon. That's not especially helpful. If Nokia is not the manufacturer, does anyone know who is? Thanks.

Comments

• rennie allen rennie allen
    ✭✭  / 
    I also would like a replacement. Building a case for this phone is difficult, no other aftermarket case is as good as the one that comes with the phone (size/weight/#/strength).
  • romu romu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I got the Imak Airbag case for my Sirocco. It is perfect and I like it much more than the hardcover that was supplied with the phone.
  • I bought Nillkin Super Frosted case... Perfect... I ordered a second one today, just to have a spare one...
  • lockeysmith lockeysmith
    ✭✭  / 
    I found this case on eBay for £3.89 .
    Really good fit and grip. Total access to the screen. Looks pretty cool too .
    Easy to put on and remove but a really locked on fit.
    Feels safe and secure. 

• valyo_bg valyo_bg
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm using same case from several months and can confirm - fit perfect and it's very comfortable while holding of phone. Phone itself look very good with this case.
  • lockeysmith lockeysmith
    ✭✭  / 
    What I forgot to mention about the case is that on the inside it's marked 'Nokia 9'
    Maybe it was put into production before the Sirocco's official name was released .
  • Robertó said:
    I bought Nillkin Super Frosted case... Perfect... I ordered a second one today, just to have a spare one...
    Based on your recommendation, I bought one of these in gold, and wow, does the phone ever look sharp.

Thanks for the recommendation
  • Pyves Pyves
    ✭✭  / 
    Robertó said:
    I bought Nillkin Super Frosted case... Perfect... I ordered a second one today, just to have a spare one...
    Based on your recommendation, I bought one of these in gold, and wow, does the phone ever look sharp.

Any pictures you could share? There don't seem to be many on the retailer's website. :)
  • Sorry for the last one... Slightly dirty... :-)
  • dorso dorso
    ✭✭  / 
    I used the included cover for a long time and now I have taken it down and noticed that the glass on the back where it is bent to the full length is scratched, on both sides.

Best regards
  • I think all the covers are doing same "job" after a certain time... Becaus of the fine dust trapped around the edges...
  • Pyves said:

Any pictures you could share? There don't seem to be many on the retailer's website. :)

• todesurteil todesurteil
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I'm using the Body Glove case at the moment

• A Hamza said:
    I found this case on eBay for £3.89 .
    Really good fit and grip. Total access to the screen. Looks pretty cool too .
    Easy to put on and remove but a really locked on fit.
    Feels safe and secure. 

I have two of these style cases and find that the side walls were around 1.5 mm higher than the curved glass edge. The case fits well and the buttons function well too, but unfortunately I find that the high edge affects the way the phone looks and functions. At first I thought it was because the manufacturer was different to the one reviewed, the reviewed case was from Dretal, and my first case was branded Naxtop… but when I bought the Dretal phone I found it to be the same. This is a shame as all of the other cases I have bought to date help show off the Sirocco's curved screen.

• Robertó said:

I had also bought the Nillkin Super Frosted case and find it really good. The only downside for me is that it has cut-outs for the buttons, and I prefer a well made bumper (as a good one can make the buttons easier to press, and when you have an issue with grip strength these things make a difference). Yet I do find it better than the OEM case, and is currently among my favourite cases. I still haven't found a case I am completely happy with but this is a good case, and was not disappointed with my purchase.
  • Ruan Maree Ruan Maree
    ✭✭  / 
    Got the Nillkin cover, after 4 days I decided to remove it bacause I wanted to take a pic for a friend. When I applied the cover again it broke at the top right corner and does not hold the phone secure anymore. After contacting Nillkin they said it was user caused damage and no refund or replacement will be made. So if you decide to get the cover just hope it doesn't break the first time you try and apply it. 
  • Robertó Robertó
     /  edited April 2019
    Unfortunately I had the same experience with Nillkin Super Frosted case... I was breaking two of them within a short time without any external impact... Something is wrong with the material or design of this case...
    Now I use the original Nokia case which has been cracked as well at the bottom left corner...
    Sirocco is a  "case killer" phone...😁
  • Mine is cracked in the bottom left corner as well. Disturbing that Nokia doesn't sell the original case. They lack the service that other companies offers which is a shame. 

I'll hunt down and original case with or without the help from Nokia.