If you OWN a N7+ you need to up vote this to bring it to quick attention

My 2 months old N7+ had a slight fall and shattered the screen- it's still working though..

If you OWN a N7+ you need to up vote this to bring it to quick attention

user1539107747549 user1539107747549
✭✭  /  edited January 19
My 2 months old N7+ had a slight fall and shattered the screen- it's still working though..
THE ISSUE IS
I have to pay 150$ to replace the screen of a 280$ phone🤧...
That was the first and last time I would buy a nokia phone

Comments

• r8805 r8805
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The sad part  Nokia X7 priced CNY 1,699 (approx Rs 18,000₹) in china. Well its Global version ie Nokia 8.1 priced 26999₹ in India and and approx 30000 in other countries.

Here in india nokia 7+ priced 27000 so asking 10000 for the screen replacement is kind of ok 
    Though other brands like motorola xiaomi etc ask 6-7K max for lcd replacement.
  • @r8805
    The phone goes for 400$ but I bought mine through a black Friday flash sale
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭  / 
    r8805 said:
    The sad part  Nokia X7 priced CNY 1,699 (approx Rs 18,000₹) in china. Well its Global version ie Nokia 8.1 priced 26999₹ in India and and approx 30000 in other countries.

Here in india nokia 7+ priced 27000 so asking 10000 for the screen replacement is kind of ok 
    Though other brands like motorola xiaomi etc ask 6-7K max for lcd replacement.
    There is a difference between the markets and comparing the raw prices in one region vs. that in another will be a little unafair IMO. There are many other factors contributing to the price discovery. In the end, it is definitely a consumer's choice to whether to buy a company's products or not, but I personally see all negatives in pricing too aggressively and then failing in various aspects.
    Xiaomi is bundling ads within their UI, so, they can easily cover the cost of the device.
    I do, however, agree about the repair costs being pretty steep. That's certainly one area where I want them to improve a lot. They also need to improve their time taken to repair and the availability of spare parts.