New Improved Pie

Downloaded the revised, new, improved Pie this morning. I had to use a VPN set to Netherlands to get it in Bengaluru, India for my TA-1004.

New Improved Pie

RL Ramakrishnan RL Ramakrishnan
✭✭✭  / 
Downloaded the revised, new, improved Pie this morning. I had to use a VPN set to Netherlands to get it in Bengaluru, India for my TA-1004. So far seems to be ok. Keeping my fingers crossed that Nokia got it right this time. 

Comments

• imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I got news that it as been officially released in India, but i am also from Bangalore, but no update in settings
  • RL Ramakrishnan RL Ramakrishnan
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I got news that it as been officially released in India, but i am also from Bangalore, but no update in settings
    I had to use a VPN set to Netherlands. 
  • Feroze mohammed Feroze mohammed
    ✭✭  /  edited January 22
    Hyderabad still waiting for the update :D :( 
  • imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭✭  / 
    There is no official announcement regarding this, they are just making customers silent and taking 6/7 days longer again
  • imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I had to use a VPN set to Netherlands. 
    Is there is any difference between beta and this stable version?
  • Bitz Bitz
    ✭✭  / 
    Never trust Nokia. The update hasn't been rolled out yet in india. Cud u plss confirm whether u get January security patch along with pie??
  • terminusaquo terminusaquo
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Bitz said:
    Never trust Nokia. The update hasn't been rolled out yet in india. Cud u plss confirm whether u get January security patch along with pie??
    Well considering the update I have waiting only has the December update I doubt it.
  • Are you able to receive otp from banks or from app after the pie update? 
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Are you able to receive otp from banks or from app after the pie update? 
    I use Google Pay, I got the OTP. I also got OTP for whatsapp.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Bitz said:
    Still on December patch.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    There is no official announcement regarding this, they are just making customers silent and taking 6/7 days longer again
    It's all over the news...
  • imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 22

It's all over the news...

• imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭✭  / 

• beezzzzz beezzzzz
    ✭✭  /  edited January 22
    I also have received android pie yesterday. Seems ok. And yes still december security patch .
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭  /  edited January 22
    Downloaded the revised, new, improved Pie this morning

Could you please provide Version No.?!

It would be interesting if it is different from the 00WW_5_110 which all other got ...

✭✭✭  / 
    martin.fd said:

It would be interesting if it is different from the 00WW_5_110 which all other got ...

Looks like the same thing... Lol
  • Hugh Matthews Hugh Matthews
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Gentlemen. I got "the news" from NokiaMob. So far as I am able to judge, it isn't news, and 9 Pie is not yet as it should be. I have had WW_5.110 since 10 January when it came to Denmark.
    The release is nice and stable, but the compass is corrupted - north is south, although in stargazing apps like Star Walk 2 and Stellarium, east and west are still east and west.
    Nokia are not lying, but HMD Global are being far too slick and far too interested in their image.
    As far as images go, the native camera app is recording better OZO sound, without the loud clicks I was experiencing in Oreo. The focus still does not hold for much more than a second when I move the phone to something else it can focus on.
    These are my experiences. I factory-reset the phone 2 days ago and reinstalled everything.

• Dheeraj Dheeraj
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Nothing yet in India. Maybe the Volte issue juho was talking about on twitter is real. Hope that is solved asap. And @RL Ramakrishnan did you get the new camera app as well?
  • martin.fd said:

Looks like the same thing... Lol
    Same version since beta labs announced beta version pie.
    Nothing improved so far, unfortunately.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Gentlemen. I got "the news" from NokiaMob. So far as I am able to judge, it isn't news, and 9 Pie is not yet as it should be. I have had WW_5.110 since 10 January when it came to Denmark.
    The release is nice and stable, but the compass is corrupted - north is south, although in stargazing apps like Star Walk 2 and Stellarium, east and west are still east and west.
    Nokia are not lying, but HMD Global are being far too slick and far too interested in their image.
    As far as images go, the native camera app is recording better OZO sound, without the loud clicks I was experiencing in Oreo. The focus still does not hold for much more than a second when I move the phone to something else it can focus on.
    These are my experiences. I factory-reset the phone 2 days ago and reinstalled everything.

I was sceptical about the compass - went for a drive with Google Maps on. Worked fine with me. I reached my destination safe and sound.

So far everything is working fine. Am keeping fingers crossed. Have a OnePlus 6T as a backup in case this nosedives 
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hey, Jio Volte working great too. Used it for calling. Nary a glitch.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    All said and done, the new update is good. Nothing for us to whine and moan about. All the old wrinkles have been ironed out. Yes, it didn't do my laundry as clean as I expected it to, but I'll give that a pass. 😂
  • martin.fd martin.fd
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I was sceptical about the compass - went for a drive with Google Maps on. Worked fine with me. I reached my destination safe and sound.

This is not the point - as long as you are navigating Google Maps will use GPS data (that still work) to guide you.

The question is whether the compass is working correctly, i.e. North is ALWAYS North and South is ALWAYS South??? You can test it when standing on one place and turning slowly around by 90/180/270/360° ...

✭✭✭  / 
    martin.fd said:

This is not the point - as long as you are navigating Google Maps will use GPS data (that still work) to guide you.

The question is whether the compass is working correctly, i.e. North is ALWAYS North and South is ALWAYS South??? You can test it when standing on one place and turning slowly around by 90/180/270/360° ...

Let me try that one too. I'll install a compass app and check that out.
  • terminusaquo terminusaquo
    ✭✭✭  / 
    All said and done, the new update is good. Nothing for us to whine and moan about. All the old wrinkles have been ironed out. Yes, it didn't do my laundry as clean as I expected it to, but I'll give that a pass. 😂
    So you have a brand new camera app with ALL the features that other Nokia phones have?
  • Mick1965 Mick1965
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Got my update this morning
    Problems, I have noticed so far.
    No biggy but pie seems to have lost support for.wma files. Only found out as my notification sounds are wma format and are no longer showing.

Next is the compass, it seems to work fine if you hold the phone vertically but as soon as you hold it horizontal it points where it pleases. I've tried recalibration to no avail.
  • What about battery life?? 
  • Jivko Antonov Jivko Antonov
    ✭✭✭  / 
    For me is the same like Oreo.
Prev1