Volume too low at the earpiece

Recently I've noticed that the volume on the earpiece during a call is too low to use the phone.

Volume too low at the earpiece

Recently I've noticed that the volume on the earpiece during a call is too low to use the phone. I've tried adjusting the volume and also tried using a different mobile operator.
I also ran a device check using *#*#372733#*#* and the earpiece volume was unusable in that too.
The support chat recommended factory reset but I don't think this is a software issue.
Has this happened to anyone else yet?

Comments

• user1527777249412 user1527777249412
     /  edited June 5

Yes! I have the same issue. Earpiece is extremely low during calls.  I have also posted about this last week but Nokia hasn't responded. Another user here said he had the same issue and a factory reset did not help. I am hoping this is a software issue that will be corrected in the June update. It makes the phone unusable for me because of this issue. 

• Are you sure this issue started after the May update? I remember the phone working properly before that but I dont exactly remember when the issue came up.

• Unknown
     /  edited June 5
    I have the same exact problem. I didn't make the connection between the decrease in volume and the software update. There is no physical damage so I assumed it was a factory defect. Hopefully a software update will fix this soon. I was very happy with the device before this.
  • thewiseguyshivam thewiseguyshivam
     /  edited June 6

If this is in fact a software issue, do you guys think Nokia will notice this discussion and push a patch? Or do we need to do something else to get their attention?

• Unknown
     /  edited June 6
    I'm going to wait a few a few more days for an official response. If we don't get one I'll consider sending in for warranty repair.
  • I want the issue to be solved but I don't want a new phone to be opened by the service center because they can never put it back the same way it was.

• Unknown
     /  edited June 17
    Hey Nokia. Respond asap. Getting frustrated and going to contact seller soon.
  •  My seller has a no returns policy and also its been more than  a month I don't think they will be able to do anything about it.

• Amp Amp
     / 

Same thing happened to me with Nokia 6.1 (3GB US edition Nokia 6.1 TA-1045) and I replaced this once for the below issue and nothing has been fixed :(

https://community.phones.nokia.com/support/discussions/topics/7000027840

I believe Nokia is not taking such cases seriously.